Voice Chat Feedback

Motomouse

Today our group tried the DCS Voice Chat for the first time and we liked it.

We experienced a much better sound quality than our usual third party solution and flawless operation with no impact on performance.

Thank you!

• Like 1

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

• 1 month later...

After few months of pause, me and a friend of mine flew together, I made a server and like before we intended to use voice but we could no hear each other.

Very strange, all updated (OB), all checked, voice input devices correctly set and so the rest ok, as well as port 10309 open as TCP/UDP on the router.

Until last summer all was fine and working with voice chat too.

Any idea?

Thank you

Edited by DenisFerrari

• 4 weeks later...

I have used TS3 and SR in DCS when I was active with a squadron group with the Huey... neither of them seemed to work very well as it was difficult to keep everyone on the same page as regards updates; we spent more time sorting the radio comms out than we did flying!  So I was pleased to hear that DCS was integrating there own long over due in-house chat system to work with the aircraft radios; but even just a simple open chat facility would be nice for starters.  I understand from reading various threads that there are ongoing problems implementing Voice Chat! It is a shame that this was never incorporated from the outset with DCS.  As a long term user of the car racing sim iRacing... I can confirm that they had this incorporated from square one and it works quite successfully. 

On several occasions I wanted to try VC on the DCS multiplayer, however it is difficult from the server list to determine which servers are using VC ?  I am sure some of the servers could attract more flyers if it was possible to show a VC marker on the servers that have it implemented!  Perhaps a small roundel with 'VC' on each server would encourage usage and help purge any ongoing problems?  Perhaps there is a marker... and I can't see it?

IJammer

Edited by IJammer
text update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to change the VC channel (common, coaliation, intercom) with a keyboard short cut? I don't find any setting to bind a key.

By default it's always on intercom, so I need to bring the overlay on screen, search my mouse with VR googles on and select coalition.

thanks for help

• 1 month later...

Even after DCS 2.7 main update, still no way to let Voice Chat working.

Of course option is ticked and even trying to change Voice Chat Input and Voice Output options, nothing changed.

10308 and 10309 ports already opened as UDP/TCP in my router.

We can't ear each other.

Quite strange since for many months last year we've used Voice chat every time with no probs.

I've attached my log file, just in case anyone is able to help or suggest if and what we're doing wrong.

Thank you all 🙂 

dcs.log

Edited by DenisFerrari