cycle weapons when hud not soi

twistking

On 11/22/2020 at 5:00 AM, Ziptie said:

My loadout consists of 2x AGM65G, 2x CBU105, 2x GBU12, 7 APKS, 2xAIM9M. After setting up my profiles via DSMS:

Master mode CCIP, DMS L/R cycles between AGM65 & APKS.

Master mode CCRP, DMS L/R cycles between CBU105 & GBU12.

It would be totally awesome if it worked like this, but when I last tested this a few days ago in the current 2.5.6 Open Beta, my DMS Left/Right always cycled through all weapon profiles. Selecting CCRP or CCIP with the Master Mode Control Button had no impact on the cycled profiles; setting profiles to either CCRP or CCIP in the DSMS had no impact on the cycling order (not that these profiles haven't been preset to either of these modes anyway, but I also can't confirm that changing the mode and saving the profile had any impact). The only change from using the Master Mode Control Button I could observe was that it changed the mode of the current profile from CCIP to CCRP, and this would be a temporary change until another profile was selected.

If it consistently works like described for you, do you maybe have any mods that influence the internal profile cycling behavior? Because for the life of me I can't get it to work like you described a quarter of a year ago. 🤔

Edited by Yurgon

Hey Guys,

I am not sure why you would want to have two weapon profiles for the same weapon active at the same time to begin with. 

I am referring to the default one and a modified (saved) one.  It only seems to me that selecting and changing a profile on the DSMS that profile should now be the one and only.  This is opposed to cycling weapons on the HUD or the UFC rocker switch where the changed profile is utilized.  Or going back to the DSMS re-selecting a profile and it is now the default profile that is being used.

Re-selecting a weapon on the DSMS you always start with the default profile.  Anyone know the reason?  Bad ground crews?

Might be just a game issue. I wonder how many live weapons an actual A-10 pilots have fired at actual targets in comparison to how many I have or other players have fired in the game.  They do not get endless hours of experimentation as we do.

Probably not even an issue for them...

Caldera

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Yurgon said:

It would be totally awesome if it worked like this, but when I last tested this a few days ago in the current 2.5.6 Open Beta, my DMS Left/Right always cycled through all weapon profiles. Selecting CCRP or CCIP with the Master Mode Control Button had no impact on the cycled profiles; setting profiles to either CCRP or CCIP in the DSMS had no impact on the cycling order (not that these profiles haven't been preset to either of these modes anyway, but I also can't confirm that changing the mode and saving the profile had any impact). The only change from using the Master Mode Control Button I could observe was that it changed the mode of the current profile from CCIP to CCRP, and this would be a temporary change until another profile was selected.

If it consistently works like described for you, do you maybe have any mods that influence the internal profile cycling behavior? Because for the life of me I can't get it to work like you described a quarter of a year ago. 🤔

No mods, don't do those.  I made a video, to show the behavior I experience - but was unable to upload it to YouTube before I left.  Haven't been back to fly virtually as of yet (last post made above here in this thread).  Hoping to have another opportunity to fly virtually towards the end of the week - but nothing is guaranteed for anyone in life, myself included, virtual flying included.  Sucks right?  Not too bad.

I do create profiles via DSMS, as that is what you should do to ensure specific employment parameters of equipped weapon(s).  From what I experience, CCIP master mode, then DSMSR cycles the two CCIP weapon profiles, then an additional DMSR goes into the CCRP weapon profiles (until weapon off profile is attained).  Maybe it is just the weapons I have onboard, and/or a combination of profiles set.

This behavior, I do believe, contradicts a behavior I described earlier - however that is on page 1 and while typing this, cannot go back a page without losing this text.

Either way, weapons/properly can be cycled properly via HOTAS - but as the OP's question was "without HUD SOI" - it is still a no, unless you do so via the DSMS.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

9 hours ago, Caldera said:

Hey Guys,

I am not sure why you would want to have two weapon profiles for the same weapon active at the same time to begin with. 

If you wanted to change from a CCIP release of a CBU-97 or GBU-12, to a CCRP release of either of those weapons:

i.e a surface to air threat has arrived or been noticed and need to minimize the risk of weapon employment by staying at higher altitude (just one example).

Re-selecting a weapon on the DSMS you always start with the default profile.  Anyone know the reason?  Bad ground crews?

The lack of a data cartridge in DCS, currently.  It's been rumored/discussed/teased for quite some time now, but no update(s).  Could be in two weeks, who knows.......

Might be just a game issue. I wonder how many live weapons an actual A-10 pilots have fired at actual targets in comparison to how many I have or other players have fired in the game.  They do not get endless hours of experimentation as we do.

Probably not even an issue for them...

In regards to how many live weapons have been fired, in real life, compared to DCS.  I'd be willing to bet that the number of real life weapon employments is dwarfed by the weapon employments performed across all the pilots of DCS.  There are many more pilots who fly the A10C/CII on DCS, compared to real life - and many DCS players take very unrealistic weapon loadouts (i.e 6 Mavs and multiple TERs of 500 lb'ers).

Aside from UPT, you then go to weapons school, IRL - threat scenarios, weapon employment training, simulator use - are all performed and completed, exhaustively - so "they do not get endless hours of experimentation as we do" is not accurate.  They have more than DCS players do - while being much more thorough, varying situations, and with a much narrower window of success "acceptance" than DCS players do.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

On 11/21/2020 at 8:27 AM, twistking said:

Is there a way to cycle weapon profiles when HUD is not Soi and the DSMS Profile Page is not (!) up on a MFD?

On 3/31/2021 at 3:59 AM, Ziptie said:

Either way, weapons/properly can be cycled properly via HOTAS - but as the OP's question was "without HUD SOI" - it is still a no, unless you do so via the DSMS.

As others have pointed out already you can cycle your Profiles using the SEL Rocker switch on the UFC. Works as long as you are not in the Gun Master Mode.

Schowcase:

• Thanks 1

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

14 hours ago, =52d= Skip said:

As others have pointed out already you can cycle your Profiles using the SEL Rocker switch on the UFC. Works as long as you are not in the Gun Master Mode.

Indeed, I just prefer to keep my "HOTAS."  The OP might prefer that method though, who knows.

Cheers,

Ziptie

On 3/30/2021 at 9:29 AM, Caldera said:

I've had up to six simultaneously for GBU-38s, and used all of them. On the same pass, no less.

Edited by SJBMX
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

You can use the select rocker on the UFCP. I have the select rocker mapped to the left and right arrows on my keyboard and steer rocker mapped to the up and down arrows. Changing profiles only works if your in CCRP or CCIP mode. If you're in GUNS mode it'll change your pipper.

Based on talking to real A-10 guys they generally try to stay out of HUD SOI because it's too easy to cycle your weapon profile or steer point without noticing it. Then when you go to drop your bombs you'll either not have the right ones called up or you'll drop it on the wrong steerpoint. Both options are bad if guys on the ground are relying on you.

Edited by ASAP

On 3/30/2021 at 12:29 PM, Caldera said:

Bad pilot (j/k). When you select weapons with the OSBs on the DSMS you'll get manual profiles which don't save when deselected. Notice the "M/" prefix. You should always select weapons through an established profile instead of manual selection. "M/" should be seen rare if ever.