Development report

6S.Duke

• 2 weeks later...

Finally it is time for some news on the DCS front!

First, we'd like to apologize to our DCS fans for the lack of updates, but we preferred to refrain from overhyping our projects and stay focused on their execution.

DCS MB-339

That being said, we are very proud to announce that we have completed a build of the DCS MB-339 which we think is complete and good enough for the submission to Eagle Dynamics for their review. Sure there will be other improvements to make, but we are very satisfied with the work we have done so far.

We do not have a release window yet, as it will depend a lot on the feedback from ED, but we are confident that the product is in good shape.

Little OT:
DCS G.91

We are also moving forward with the G.91 and we are currently focusing in detailing the visual model - here a couple of renderings from our cockpit assets.
We believe that the development time will be much shorter than the MB.339.2fd03a763b5cfbc142502367befa96db.jpg41a1c84c09534b58de0ea1859f22492b.jpg902d54d695a343a5d0d43a04c207f7ef.jpgeda450ce1e797b8f394c0c66c682a01a.jpg0058e7a7822031b90ded34036fa8ef9c.jpge79551010b74822b4b2ccc1bd2d11ef7.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

@6S.Duke any chance to get the Macchino out before xmas? I was planning to include it in my letter for Santa's this year ... 😋

• Like 2

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

With the AH-64 near at its release i don't think it would be a good marketing move, let the Apache fever go and then move to the next product IMO.
I would say Jan/Feb 2022
Yes, people are waiting the AH-64 a lot and I can understand it as this helicopter is a masterpiece to have in hangar.
I think ED will make the best marketing choice reserving a dedicated release window for MB-339.
  • Like 1

"With the AH-64 near at its release i don't think it would be a good marketing move, let the Apache fever go and then move to the next product IMO.

I would say Jan/Feb 2022"

I have already purchased the AH-64 and there is nothing to prevent me from buying the MB-339! And probably most think like me!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 6S.Duke said:

Yes, people are waiting the AH-64 a lot and I can understand it as this helicopter is a masterpiece to have in hangar.
I think ED will make the best marketing choice reserving a dedicated release window for MB-339.

November its a good time for this „window” 😅 !

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 minute ago, 6S.Duke said:

Yes but we would prefer to avoid the early access stage emoji1.png
We would like to provide a full module (or at least with some minor missing features)

:thumbup:

BTW: being a fixed wing guy I'm not interested in buying the Apache.

Edited by LordOrion
  • Like 2

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Can't you guys take pre-orders? My £££ are ready.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I see no conflict between the two. Why not both? (TM)

• Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 hours ago, 6S.Duke said:

Yes but we would prefer to avoid the early access stage emoji1.png
We would like to provide a full module (or at least with some minor missing features)

Okay, so if we're talking about the status, if it's going to be tested by ED, is there something else we are missing with current version of MB-339? Anything to keep you from releasing (apart from ED's decision)? 😉

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I really enjoyed the free version so I'm sure this one will be even better. Question: Will we be able to use liveries made for the free version on this version? Or has the livery template changed?

I'm asking because I have a few liveries I made for the free version I would like to use again. Thanks!

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the free version so I'm sure this one will be even better. Question: Will we be able to use liveries made for the free version on this version? Or has the livery template changed?
I'm asking because I have a few liveries I made for the free version I would like to use again. Thanks!
The template is changed a little as we improved the 3D models (both cockpit and external), but we planned to release an udated paintkit.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, 6S.Duke said:
1 hour ago, YoYo said:
Okay, so if we're talking about the status, if it's going to be tested by ED, is there something else we are missing with current version of MB-339? Anything to keep you from releasing (apart from ED's decision)? emoji6.png

Only ED feedback

Ok, so my fingers are crossed. This + Razbam's map = perfect :)!

• Like 4

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Btw. here addon Idea, not GNS430 but this serial port could be for .... :grin:

e245ayH.jpg

Btw.

maybe not very important but its a nice feature for VR users - do you have in plans to do 3D pilot body from VC view? It's always nice to have this on/off option for this.

Second, did you check model and his features in VR too (scale of cockpit, click spots ect.)?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif