Mission 11 / Task 3

rge75

I successfully passed the first two tasks but I was "easily" shot down on task 3. So how do you avoid being shot down? I did the 180° turn and flew toward the L-39 at low altutide and max. speed...but as mentioned, he easily hit me.

Hello! I can describe how I did it!

At the moment when you go face to face with the L-39, you should look at it (I controlled the position of the aircraft and looked at it) at the moment of firing, I removed my collective pitch, and fell to the ground, the bullets passed above the helicopter. I kept the maximum speed and a fairly high vertical speed.

I do not exclude that the AI of the aircraft may become better than during the release of the campaign.

I will record a video today, and at the same time I will test this mission again. Strangely, I never had any difficulty with this exercise.

Thank you for the explanation. This means you flew higher than nap on earth to make sure you're able to lose a lot of altitude? What's your starting altitude? I thought you also had to fly this nap on earth which probably was my mistake. Therefore I had no possibility to drop the collective. I'll retry whithin a couple of days.

Now I am working on several new scenarios and have not flown an Mi-8 for a long time. Sorry, I was a little confused at the moment of the maneuver)))) however I managed to do it)))):smartass:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few issues with the triggers but I finished the mission.

After completing task 4 (F10 menu) I returned back to the airport. Close to it, the trigger from task 2 started again and I was asked to drop flares. Again soon after, I've got the message from task 3 again.

However, I landed and finished with enough points to proceed (there was no "Mission success" message though when I parked the Mi-8 at the starting point again).

Nothing serious but maybe something to look into?

13 часов назад, rge75 сказал:

After completing task 4 (F10 menu) I returned back to the airport. Close to it, the trigger from task 2 started again and I was asked to drop flares. Again soon after, I've got the message from task 3 again.

However, I landed and finished with enough points to proceed (there was no "Mission success" message though when I parked the Mi-8 at the starting point again).

Each trigger must fire once! You must be in a certain area for it to work.
I have not created a condition for triggers to work again. Thanks for your feedback. I'll check it out today!
I have a suggestion that you could have skipped task 2 and passed the trigger zone for task 2.

actually no, I did not skip task 2. I had 3 messages during task 2 (iirr: drop flares, don't get lost, proceed to task 3 or something like that.

Two messages for task 2/3 (drop flares and another one) popup up again shortly before landing approach which is far from the trigger zones for task2 and 3. They were the same messages like when I arrived at task 2 and when I finished task 2. Too bad I forgot to save the trk file.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 7:01 PM, rge75 said:

I completed this mission today and had similar issues regarding messages. As soon as the mission started I was getting subtitles for one of the later tasks. I continued with the mission, got hit slightly by AAA on the first task but nothing crucial and was told task 1 was complete and that I should continue. I completed task 2 successfully and got messages to continue. I successfully avoided the jet in task 3 but got a weird comment about having lost the jet but the pilot says don't worry. I continued to the target range and was briefed about firing rockets at the targets. I expended all rockets without a hit (I'm bad with rockets, especially at 3km!), used the radio to report task completed and was told to RTB. I landed and parked up in bay 6 but never got any more dialogue and never saw the mission complete text. I passed the mission but not a great score (perhaps around 70-80). As mentioned, there were a few instances throughout the mission where subtitles appeared relating to other tasks that I wasn't currently working on, although the subtitles were not accompanied by voice lines.

Weird. I will test and fix everything. Sorry for these bugs. The first time I flew the mission and everything went according to plan.

• 6 months later...

I flew this mission yesterday and I can confirm that during RTB close to the NDB Nalchik I´v got a message to fly low and drop flares (just voice message without titles). However I haven´t got any problems to finish the mission (on 2nd try with average rating - hit something from 3000m is quite challenging:))
Anyway, I´m realy enjoying the campaing! I´v found again that Mi-8 is my favourite module and it is really fun to fly it. Thanks for it!

• Like 1