This is not a Russian Dog fight

Not sure about the nationality, but it is at least an F16 you see through the HUD. Was unsure at first, but the sequence from about 35 seconds until about 40ish clearly show the shape and form of an F16. The HUD-symbology is similar to that you'll find on both Eagles, Vipers and Hornets, but without more data it's hard to be 100% sure.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Yes, this is view from a Greek F-16 HUD, and the sound is from the same. It was a 2v2 victory for the F-16's whose HUD we're seeing.

Whether the other side is Turkish F-16's is arguable; it could have just been an exercise.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Whether the other side is Turkish F-16's is arguable; it could have just been an exercise.

Good point there GGTharos!

IIRC this video was a part of Greek article on fights with TuAF over Aegan few years ago!

But just like You said, may easily be just propaganda for morale lift as we see no markings on the other Viper!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm trying to understand the first post, where in liveleak does it say this is a "Russian Dog Fight"?

P.S.

I wander why they are using LCOS (Lead Computing Optical Sight) in the "Dog Fight"? I was under the impression that EEGS (enhance envelope gun sight) was allot more accurate.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

IIRC, LCOS should be more accurate! Doesn't it?!

To tell you the truth, I don't know. I do know that EEGS replaced LCOS in the block 40 and above but they still retain the other mods, I think. I believed EEGS was more accurate because you do not need a lock to determine range, the funnel does that for you but I have never use it, obviously, except in Falcon. In falcon EEGS is easier to use and more accurate. Looking back at the video it may be "Snapshoot" mode. I have ask pilots about this and they have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm assuming that most other symbols where removed or not used. Maybe that video is very old or the aircraft software is very old, I don't know.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To tell you the truth, I don't know. I do know that EEGS replaced LCOS in the block 40 and above but they still retain the other mods, I think. I believed EEGS was more accurate because you do not need a lock to determine range, the funnel does that for you but I have never use it, obviously, except in Falcon. In falcon EEGS is easier to use and more accurate. Looking back at the video it may be "Snapshoot" mode. I have ask pilots about this and they have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm assuming that most other symbols where removed or not used. Maybe that video is very old or the aircraft software is very old, I don't know.

EEGS funnel can be adjusted to match approx wingspan of the hostile aircraft in the HUD. So to calculate range to target and all the lead you need to pull to gun it you must "allign" funnel over target wingspan.

When using LCOS all it takes it to force the pipper over the target, no need for changing Wspan thru ICP! So perhaps a faster way of dealing with the threat!

IIRC Greece has pretty new Falcon blocks (BLK40<) latest being is BLK60-HAF! I'm not saying it's the one from the video since Greece is using Falcons for 20+ years already! May also be F-16A!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vekkinho

EEGS funnel can be adjusted to match approx wingspan of the hostile aircraft in the HUD. So to calculate range to target and all the lead you need to pull to gun it you must "allign" funnel over target wingspan.

When using LCOS all it takes it to force the pipper over the target, no need for changing Wspan thru ICP! So perhaps a faster way of dealing with the threat!

IIRC Greece has pretty new Falcon blocks (BLK40<) latest being is BLK60-HAF! I'm not saying it's the one from the video since Greece is using Falcons for 20+ years already! May also be F-16A!

Well, if understand the system correctly, not sure if i do, LCOS without a radar lock assumes the target is 1500 feet in front of the aircraft. With a lock of course it does not have this problem so without a lock (for what ever reason) it give you false indication. EEGS also give you a piper and bullet trajectory with radar lock. Well I'm no pilot and have no idea which one is the best, if the aircraft have both I guess it depends on pilot preference. Next time a talk to a pilot I will ask him, I believe they don't have anything but EEGs now but not sure.

About the Greece blk 60, I thought only U.A.E. bought blk 60 F-16E and F, I don't think any other country bought them

F-16e_block60.jpg

One of the easiest ways to tell the difference between a blk 52+ and a blk60 is the blk60 has no pitot probe (tube that come out of the radome on the front, only test blk 60 had pitot tube) and the blk 60 has a FLIR pod right in front of the cockpit. Nose tire is bigger, aircraft have self gen oxygen system (bif scoop on right side in front of the right main landing gear) bigger left and right intake lights, etc.

To whom it may concern,

I can tell you that one thing that was reported about the Block 60 was that it had a jammer capable of dealing with S-300 ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

original post:Vekkinho

You seem to know a lot on F-16, IIRC you're a RL F-16 mechanic, right?!!

Tell me please of newer Blocks with CFTs! Are there any jamming electronics inside CFTs as I see no ALQ pods on pic above?!

Vekkinho, I never work an aircraft with CFT so I do not know. I don't know more than any other mechanic. I'm no expert on F-16, I just work on them and like any other aircraft enthusiast I have very strong opinions on some subjects. I don't know many things about them and I work on them for years.

To whom it may concern,

Several modes are avaiable still in all F-16's. Here in both Blcok 15 and MLU they use the LCOS the most, also known as "the spaghetti gunsight". :D

I am not sure why, but from what I have been hearing, they all have advantages and disavantages. LCOS worst disavantage is when you roll the aircraft the pipper travels all over the HUD before settling.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'm trying to understand the first post, where in liveleak does it say this is a "Russian Dog Fight"?

P.S.

I wander why they are using LCOS (Lead Computing Optical Sight) in the "Dog Fight"? I was under the impression that EEGS (enhance envelope gun sight) was allot more accurate.

yeap first Snap-Mode then LCOS.. at close ranges i prefer Snap too ..LCOS suxx ...good for downing straight moving tankers lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]