Cold Start Datalink Connection

RV8ator

Since the last update I found that my datalink isn’t working when I perform a cold start. When I get an engine started and turn on the data link I initially get the donors on my SA page but lose them after my AI flight lead powers up, instead of donors I see tracks but never any donors. They also don’t project on my HMD, I have also changed the priority with no success. If I create a mission in flight everything works so I’m sure it’s something I’m not doing right from a cold start. Any ideas?

Since the last update I found that my datalink isn’t working when I perform a cold start. When I get an engine started and turn on the data link I initially get the donors on my SA page but lose them after my AI flight lead powers up, instead of donors I see tracks but never any donors. They also don’t project on my HMD, I have also changed the priority with no success. If I create a mission in flight everything works so I’m sure it’s something I’m not doing right from a cold start. Any ideas?

Would probably need to see a track file of your cold start procedure to flesh out an error that you might be making. Nothing should be conflicting when your AI flight lead starts up.

Might seem like a dumb question - but are you pressing and holding the ON/OFF button for a second, after pressing the D/L button, on the UFC? Does the UFC display "ON" in the far left of the digital display on the UFC?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Found my issue, I had originally set up my AI flight lead to broadcast an A-A tacan signal. When he activates is on startup I lost the data link connection. I removed it from his enroute triggered tasks and everything works as it should. Not sure if its a bug or acts like it IRL.

• Like 1

Found my issue, I had originally set up my AI flight lead to broadcast an A-A tacan signal. When he activates is on startup I lost the data link connection. I removed it from his enroute triggered tasks and everything works as it should. Not sure if its a bug or acts like it IRL.

Good investigating and glad you've sorted out the issue. I am with you, in not knowing if this is proper modeling or not though.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria