Fixing the 'depth' issue.

jmarso

5 hours ago, upyr1 said:

If we get a Korean map, the ideal period would be 1953

Clearly a period i would not fancy at all unfortunately. If i could hope for a certain period, it'd probably be one made around the 90's, somewhat close enough to use our current 16 on it. 2000's period could potentially be fun too but i have no idea if that would simply be possible without loads of work on multiple levels.

5 hours ago, upyr1 said:

Deka is making the Chinese assets we need more historical assets

That doesn't really answer my question. Deka making exclusively Chinese assets is one thing, but a third party dev focusing on creating multiple asset packs if that was the intent and or creating a somewhat international asset pack is another, especially if that third party is like i said full time working ONLY on the ground side of DCS.

Seems like no one knows if they are still around and/or validated by ED.

This is the thread they created (The third party talking about focusing on assets and enhancement of Combined Arms) if you wern't aware of it already : Battlefield Productions

19 hours ago, SparxOne said:

Clearly a period i would not fancy at all unfortunately. If i could hope for a certain period, it'd probably be one made around the 90's, somewhat close enough to use our current 16 on it. 2000's period could potentially be fun too but i have no idea if that would simply be possible without loads of work on multiple levels.

That doesn't really answer my question. Deka making exclusively Chinese assets is one thing, but a third party dev focusing on creating multiple asset packs if that was the intent and or creating a somewhat international asset pack is another, especially if that third party is like i said full time working ONLY on the ground side of DCS.

Seems like no one knows if they are still around and/or validated by ED.

This is the thread they created (The third party talking about focusing on assets and enhancement of Combined Arms) if you wern't aware of it already : Battlefield Productions

Dekka and Razbam are the only third party developers I know of working on assts. Thanks for the link

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:56 PM, SparxOne said:

This is the thread they created (The third party talking about focusing on assets and enhancement of Combined Arms) if you wern't aware of it already : F Productions

Battlefield Production none post a reply from february, and the last forum visit was on april, 24 😞

On 8/19/2021 at 5:15 PM, upyr1 said:

Dekka and Razbam are the only third party developers I know of working on assts. Thanks for the link

Leatherneck / Magnitude 3 has building WW2 assets to Pacific to F4U module and surely more coming with the F-8 crusader. Heatblur has work some assets as A-6 Intruder, Sa-35 Draken, Forrestal class carriers and talk about more has coming.

About ED, continue building WW2 assets and rebuild the old Lomac / FC AI assets to put them at same quiality level to last modules, and add more modern assets. 

Edited by Silver_Dragon

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Battlefield Production none post a reply from february, and the last forum visit was on april, 24 😞

Leatherneck / Magnitude 3 has building WW2 assets to Pacific to F4U module and surely more coming with the F-8 crusader. Heatblur has work some assets as A-6 Intruder, Sa-35 Draken, Forrestal class carriers and talk about more has coming.

About ED, continue building WW2 assets and rebuild the old Lomac / FC AI assets to put them at same quiality level to last modules, and add more modern assets. 

I know they are doing the Essex class carrier but I didn't think they were doing a full blown WW II Pacific assets pack

22 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I know they are doing the Essex class carrier but I didn't think they were doing a full blown WW II Pacific assets pack

By LN/M3 Pacific Assets:
* Aircrafts: 

- A6M Zero

- Some Japan aircraft's

* Ships: 

- USS Yorktown (CV-10) "Long-hull" Essex (Ticonderoga class)

* Vehicles:

- 8 cm/40 3rd Year Type naval gun

- Type 2 Ka-Mi amphibious tank

- Type 88 75 mm AA gun

- Type 89 I-Go medium tank

- Type 94 Truck

- Type 95 Ha-Go light tank

- Type 96 25 mm AT/AA Gun

- Type 97 Chi-Ha medium tank

Unkonow if LN/M3 planned add more IJN/IJA, UsNavy, USMC assets. USS Yorktown (CV-10) "Long-hull" Essex has propper to a Korea / early cold war and can convert on a SCB-125/-144 angle deck version with fast reactor capability as the F-8 crusader as the CVS-11 Intrepid sister carrier to a mid cold war / early Vietnam.

CVA-11 Intrepid

Aug 61 - Feb 62: CVG-6. 6th. VF-33; 11 F-8U-1E, 1 F-8A, VF-162; 12 F4D-1, VA-65; 12 AD-6, VA-66; 10 A4D-2, VA-76; 10 A4D-2, VAW-12 Det 33; 4 WF-2, VAW-33 Det 33; 3 AD-5Q, VFP-62 Det 33; 1 F8U-1P, HU-2 Det 33; 2 HUP-3

Edited by Silver_Dragon

11 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

The Battlefield thread is locked. So no wonder they don't post there. emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Indeed, but like @Silver_Dragonsaid, their profile shows they havn't appeared on the forum since April too, which kinda answers the question, they probably didn't find a deal with ED.

Very unfortunate if you ask me, as they were the only ones with a clear will to focus on the ground side of DCS while having interesting ambitions. It would have been awesome to see them update/work on combined arms, as that probably would have made it much faster to bring freshness to it as ED clearly isn't putting any focus on that side of DCS.

I guess it's back to square one, hoping ED does it themselves sometime in the following years.

• Like 1

Indeed, but like @Silver_Dragonsaid, their profile shows they havn't appeared on the forum since April too, which kinda answers the question, they probably didn't find a deal with ED.
Very unfortunate if you ask me, as they were the only ones with a clear will to focus on the ground side of DCS while having interesting ambitions. It would have been awesome to see them update/work on combined arms, as that probably would have made it much faster to bring freshness to it as ED clearly isn't putting any focus on that side of DCS.

I guess it's back to square one, hoping ED does it themselves sometime in the following years.
I haven't lost all hope yet!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

By LN/M3 Pacific Assets:
* Aircrafts: 

- A6M Zero

- Some Japan aircraft's

* Ships: 

- USS Yorktown (CV-10) "Long-hull" Essex (Ticonderoga class)

* Vehicles:

- 8 cm/40 3rd Year Type naval gun

- Type 2 Ka-Mi amphibious tank

- Type 88 75 mm AA gun

- Type 89 I-Go medium tank

- Type 94 Truck

- Type 95 Ha-Go light tank

- Type 96 25 mm AT/AA Gun

- Type 97 Chi-Ha medium tank

Unkonow if LN/M3 planned add more IJN/IJA, UsNavy, USMC assets. USS Yorktown (CV-10) "Long-hull" Essex has propper to a Korea / early cold war and can convert on a SCB-125/-144 angle deck vertion with fast reactor capability as the F-8 crusader as the CVS-11 Intrepid sister carrier to a mid cold war / early Vietnam.

CVA-11 Intrepid

Aug 61 - Feb 62: CVG-6. 6th. VF-33; 11 F-8U-1E, 1 F-8A, VF-162; 12 F4D-1, VA-65; 12 AD-6, VA-66; 10 A4D-2, VA-76; 10 A4D-2, VAW-12 Det 33; 4 WF-2, VAW-33 Det 33; 3 AD-5Q, VFP-62 Det 33; 1 F8U-1P, HU-2 Det 33; 2 HUP-3

This is one time when it is good to be wrong. I can't wait to see what they do.