Hardly can hit Mach 1 with the A

Cocker

Hey folks, don't know if this has been discussed as there ar way too many new topics and it's almost impossible to find one single information, but I have great difficulties taking the F-14A in supersonic flight with any loadout under it. I tried with 2 bags and 2 winders, around 35k feet, but it took damn long to hit the mach. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it just awefully underpowered compared to the B?

Hey folks, don't know if this has been discussed as there ar way too many new topics and it's almost impossible to find one single information, but I have great difficulties taking the F-14A in supersonic flight with any loadout under it. I tried with 2 bags and 2 winders, around 35k feet, but it took damn long to hit the mach. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it just awefully underpowered compared to the B?

In the meantime start faster. If you are at alt the plane will struggle to accelerate through mach. If you are at 35k, dive till you are at like 1.2+ then climb/accelerate again.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Are engine flamouts at high altitudes and transonic speeds related to this? When clean I can punch through Mach 1 and keep accelerating fine. But if I'm e.g. 35k feet with some Phoenixes, I go full AB, get to about Mach 1.1, and both engines explode every time.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Are engine flamouts at high altitudes and transonic speeds related to this? When clean I can punch through Mach 1 and keep accelerating fine. But if I'm e.g. 35k feet with some Phoenixes, I go full AB, get to about Mach 1.1, and both engines explode every time.

Do you have any mods installed?

Do you have any mods installed?

I have some custom liveries and cockpits, VR shader mod and some stuff that modifies countermeasure programs (but not for the F-14). I wouldn't have thought it was those, all my mods are IC pass as I mainly fly MP.

VC

I have some custom liveries and cockpits, VR shader mod and some stuff that modifies countermeasure programs (but not for the F-14). I wouldn't have thought it was those, all my mods are IC pass as I mainly fly MP.

I dont know but might be something to consider. I don't have any mods and never had any issues with the A no matter what I do with it.

I'd say no. I was barely able to get to Mach 1.2 or so at 30k with full zone 5 for a good while after dropping tanks until I hit Bingo.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Just to confirm, has the fix made it into today's hotfix?

It wasn't in the changelog, so I would say no.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here's a track of my engines blowing up during level acceleration past Mach 1.1 at ~30k feet. Would someone please be able to disect this a little and see if it's related to the bug discussed here, or if I'm doing something wrong?

Note that this only happens when I have a fairly full load, this doesn't happen clean.

Thanks!

F14A.trk

VC

Wasn't even aware of this being an actual issue with the FM. I just push the nose down like 2.5-5° when trying to get through transsonic which anyway is a good idea to pass that extra drag quickly. Then at 1.2, just pull up as desired.

It wasn't in the changelog, so I would say no.

I'll be that guy now: You must be new here icon_question.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Here's a track of my engines blowing up during level acceleration past Mach 1.1 at ~30k feet. Would someone please be able to disect this a little and see if it's related to the bug discussed here, or if I'm doing something wrong?

Note that this only happens when I have a fairly full load, this doesn't happen clean.

Thanks!

Still happens to me clean. Also happened to a friend I was testing online with when he flew the same clean plane. I only thing I would qualify even remotely as mods that I have are skins.

Still happens to me clean. Also happened to a friend I was testing online with when he flew the same clean plane. I only thing I would qualify even remotely as mods that I have are skins.

OK... well I'm gonna hold off until next patch and test this again, see if it still behaves like this.

• Like 1

VC

On a related note. Has anyone noticed the fuel flow gauge doesnt seem to register in full AB. Ot reads like 7k at mil or full burner (or whatever at alt). The actual consumption goes way up, but the gauge stays te same as full mil.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Oh. Nvm then.

Do we happen to have a charts of approximate fuel flow for the tf30 in full burn?

Oh. Nvm then.

Do we happen to have a charts of approximate fuel flow for the tf30 in full burn?

They can be found in the -1.1s, Chapter 8, both mil power and max AB.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

I'll be that guy now: You must be new here icon_question.png

So is it actually fixed now? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Rule of thumb was a bit over 2000 ppm at SL, 500 ppm at 36,000 feet. Hated waiting on the cat for a pedantic cat officer to launch you. 30 secs was a 1000 pounds of fuel.

Yeah i bet that sucked of there was a delay.