Low level snake eye profile

Andurula

I am trying to ripple off Mk82 snake eye's but they are detonating immediately after release and long before they hit the ground. I assume its my setup but I am not sure which part. Does anyone have a profile that works for them or knows why I keep blowing my own wings off?

Air speed around 500kts

Altitude around 1000 feet

Rippling a full load of 14 Mk82 Snake Eye at 20ms intervals

N/T fusing set

Single release

Computer Target mode.

From tacview it looks like the first two or three bombs release and then I blow up.

Any thoughts? Is there a real world F14B manual that details this procedure?

Thanks.

this may be a MAK-79 issue. IIRC the bombracks used for the mk-82s on the tomcat were not actually used in service because they had separation issues in testing. Try dropping with a longer interval, or try using the larger bombs that mount directly to the phoenix racks.

this may be a MAK-79 issue. IIRC the bombracks used for the mk-82s on the tomcat were not actually used in service because they had separation issues in testing. Try dropping with a longer interval, or try using the larger bombs that mount directly to the phoenix racks.

Thanks. You may have figured it out. An interval of 100ms seems to work but I have more testing to do.

Interesting that longer interval helps. I also had a lot of issues with this but put it down to poor flying because it was happening when dropping singles as well. Make sure you have no sink rate at all and 1G+ when dropping, even pull up super gently as you drop, then you won't blow up. As soon as there's any hint of sink rate... boom!

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4