[USER ERROR] ASP-5N targeting inaccurate

Leviathan667

I've noticed that the gunsight, in steep dives, is not accurate.

I set up a practice mission. The aim is to hit a radar on a mountain top. I attacked the target after a pop up maneuver. Dove at about 50°. The gunsight was uncaged. The rockets were selected. The firing distance set to 2000m. The targeting set to optical.

I did fire at 2000m from the target with the reticle on the target or close to it. But the rockets did hit some place beyond the target. This track is one example I recorded, among a dozen. The issue is the same whether I cage or urcage the gunsight. Whether I set the distance to 1000m or 1500m or 2000m. Whether I do a 10° dive or a 60° dive. Whether I use the gun or the rockets.

When uncaged and flying level, I noticed the reticle disappears below the AR18-8 glass. If I set the armament knob to bombs, the reticle does not show up. Also, the circle size does not fit with the size of the target at the chosen distance.

See: TRK file + tacview file

SyAAF_MiG19P_bombing trial 50.trk

Tacview-20201122-163754-Trial_50_Deg_dive_uncaged_sight.zip.acmi.zip

• Like 1

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

One variable i dont see here is your speed. What speed were you on your initial roll in, what speed did you exit your dive.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

AFAIK the gunfight is accurate. Im going to fly the plane later this week and thoroughly go through and see if its you or it is in fact the aircraft. Do note that it is not a point and shoot sight. You have to follow certain parameters like you would with iron bombs or guns.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Thanks for your time. If it is me, I would appreciate your advice on what I am doing wrong.

I do have a video up on my twitch channel however if you would like a more 1 on 1 explanation then Send me a pm via the RAZBAM discord so we can set up a time that works best for you. In the meantime Im marking this as USER ERROR and moving this to RESOLVED

• 2 years later...

That's another issue, still unresolved after almost 2 years: 

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro