Operation Scarlet Dawn - Syria PvE Persistent Campaign

1. It might just be a bit dissapointing for a new player to spwan into a pile of rubble, that was more or less my point. I do like that was more or less my point. It was a bit unlucky though, that I was sitting at that spawn point for to long. I might move out of the covered stand next time before I program my waypoints.

2. looks like for the weapons I do need lat long coords anyways, so not a biggi.

3. Nice!

4. Will check it for another time, had no weapons loaded at that first attempt.

5. Very good, just wanted to be sure. Have to have a much better eye on those low level flights. Nice!

Ok, Huey overheated due to overloading - weapons and cargo. For what ever reason the weapons havn't been shown in F2 view. And yes, I double checked when I became aware of the temp problem...

Now I flew a cargo mission without a flaw by telling ground crew to demount any weapons prior to the cargo mission.

Dunno if Huey in this mission is intended for more combat or transport missions - mybe set empty weapon loadout as default?

From what I see in the F10 map farp Paris is set to 172MHz? That frequency seems to be out of the Huey's radio freq ranges?

Edited by Hekktor

I've noticed that while trying to call in SEAD and CAS out of Incirlik at the same time. that the F-16 and A-10 spawns overlap, therefore one of the 2 spawns with only a single plane instead of a pair. Seems they both try to spawn one of the 2 flight on slot 52 possibly?

Looks like the same applies at Ramat David, call in support flights too close too fast will result in one of the flights spawning with only 1 instead of 2 ships

1 hour ago, KaptinKaos said:

I've noticed that while trying to call in SEAD and CAS out of Incirlik at the same time. that the F-16 and A-10 spawns overlap, therefore one of the 2 spawns with only a single plane instead of a pair. Seems they both try to spawn one of the 2 flight on slot 52 possibly?

Looks like the same applies at Ramat David, call in support flights too close too fast will result in one of the flights spawning with only 1 instead of 2 ships

Probably. Parking spots for planes aren't specified for the spawns (with the exception of AWACS/Tankers) on this mission yet as previously stated, because the map is not finished. Don't spawn everything at the same time to avoid for now.

Edited by Surrexen
  • Like 1

What an amazing week. Eight days to finish all four phases of this incredible mission.

Super.

One tough nut to crack was Hama Airfield - we were not able to call anything to help like it was possible with all the other bases. Dunno if intentional or why this place was just not in the list of bases the player is able to call support to.

Anyways - thank you alot for creating this theatre. I will definetly come to see the next play!

Edited by Hekktor

5 hours ago, Hekktor said:

What an amazing week. Eight days to finish all four phases of this incredible mission.

Super.

One tough nut to crack was Hama Airfield - we were not able to call anything to help like it was possible with all the other bases. Dunno if intentional or why this place was just not in the list of bases the player is able to call support to.

Anyways - thank you alot for creating this theatre. I will definetly come to see the next play!

Oops. Yes Hama has clearly been forgotten by accident. I'll add it to the list. Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, Surrexen said:

Oops. Yes Hama has clearly been forgotten by accident. I'll add it to the list. Thanks for letting me know.

Surrexen, you are the real MVP for creating these awesome missions! 

I hope you're all right with me modding them slightly on my server; adding ATIS, a few planes here and there and only cold starts (I'm a masochist) and some dynamic weather 🙂

17 hours ago, TrollingThunder said:

Surrexen, you are the real MVP for creating these awesome missions! 

I hope you're all right with me modding them slightly on my server; adding ATIS, a few planes here and there and only cold starts (I'm a masochist) and some dynamic weather 🙂

If I was smart enough to understand the dynamic weather system I'd probably do that as well! Anyway yes 'go with God, be safe from evil'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surrexen said:

If I was smart enough to understand the dynamic weather system I'd probably do that as well! Anyway yes 'go with God, be safe from evil'.

I'm not that smart either, just use some of the preset some guy made. Works like a charm for PG and Caucasus. No presets for Syria yet..

2 hours ago, Hekktor said:

Be prepared for some nice xwind recoveries on the carrier since it is not changing it's heading according to changing wind direction afaik.

This is the main reason I won't be touching it. Might see what happens when the new weather stuff gets released ... 

Hi there,

When running this in multiplayer I've encountered an interesting bug or maybe two.

1) When I'm running the mission in multiplayer and playing this with one other player I can't seem to access the comms menu once I'm airborne, while the other player still can? I've noticed this with the other missions from Surrexen. 

Is there a setting I'm overlooking somewhere? To reiterate, this only happens once I'm airborne, so no problem accessing the menu on ground and my friend can still access all at any time.

2) It seems to be a hit and miss but my mate can not hear the sound bites that are triggered at missile launches or sam launches while I can ( I run the multiplayer session)

Great missions though so thanks for the hard work!

8 hours ago, Drac411 said:

Hi there,

When running this in multiplayer I've encountered an interesting bug or maybe two.

1) When I'm running the mission in multiplayer and playing this with one other player I can't seem to access the comms menu once I'm airborne, while the other player still can? I've noticed this with the other missions from Surrexen. 

Is there a setting I'm overlooking somewhere? To reiterate, this only happens once I'm airborne, so no problem accessing the menu on ground and my friend can still access all at any time.

2) It seems to be a hit and miss but my mate can not hear the sound bites that are triggered at missile launches or sam launches while I can ( I run the multiplayer session)

Great missions though so thanks for the hard work!

No idea about either of those problems, we don't get anything like that happen on the JDS servers.

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • BIGNEWY unlocked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

How do you get the friendly forces to capture airfields? I cant find the menu option anywhere and the blue commander doesnt seem to send friendly units to clear airfields.

Crosshair VI Hero | Ryzen 3900X @ 3.9 Ghz | eVGA GTX 1070 Ti

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz | MS Force Feedback 2 | TIR 5

ASUS VG248QE

19 hours ago, Tobur said:

Hi, short question. Is the supercarrier module mandatory and if yes can I just exchange the CV with the vanilla version? 

You can just swap it over. Just don't delete the group and replace entirely as the scripts will not be happy with you.

• Thanks 1

I have uploaded a new version for Scarlet Dawn to the user files section to swap over the SA-10's to SA-5's as originally intended, along with various other fixes. As always, I would advise starting new persistence files as names of units etc may have changed. I will be making a similar change to Snowfox Escalation to swap over the Bandar Abbas SA-10 to an SA-5 soon.

Edit: Snowfox Escalation update has also been uploaded.

Edit: Clear Field Escalation update also uploaded.

Edited by Surrexen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

G'day, is there a bug with HAWK sites breaking persistence on Scarlet Dawn with the latest version? I've reset all persistence files in the root DCS directory. Every other type of construction gets written to the persistence file properly, and the 'ScarletDawnConstructions.lua' file gets a new 'Date Modified' timestamp, until I construct a HAWK site, and then the file will no longer get updates written, even after waiting 30 minutes. 

I will admit I did modify a few of the constructables, (mainly swapping out the Avenger Humvee for a AAA unit, and lowering the crate count required for everything bar the HAWK site, as I only run the mission solo or in very small groups), though the HAWK is the only constructable that I didn't modify.

I can drop my persistence files or helo operations lua file if that helps. Otherwise, thanks heaps for the mission, been loads of fun!

On 9/25/2021 at 3:15 PM, Haydz192 said:

G'day, is there a bug with HAWK sites breaking persistence on Scarlet Dawn with the latest version? I've reset all persistence files in the root DCS directory. Every other type of construction gets written to the persistence file properly, and the 'ScarletDawnConstructions.lua' file gets a new 'Date Modified' timestamp, until I construct a HAWK site, and then the file will no longer get updates written, even after waiting 30 minutes. 

I will admit I did modify a few of the constructables, (mainly swapping out the Avenger Humvee for a AAA unit, and lowering the crate count required for everything bar the HAWK site, as I only run the mission solo or in very small groups), though the HAWK is the only constructable that I didn't modify.

I can drop my persistence files or helo operations lua file if that helps. Otherwise, thanks heaps for the mission, been loads of fun!

Thank you for letting me know, I'll check it. I have most likely done something ridiculous when adding the NASAMS into it.

Edit: Corrected versions have been uploaded for Scarlet Dawn/Snowfox Escalation/Clear Field Escalation.

Edited by Surrexen
  • Like 1

@Surrexen  Hi Sir, and thank you for this mission file.

Would you mind answering a few of my questions?

Is there any benefit in capturing or destroying Red/Enemy Oil Rigs?

Can they be destroyed?

How many engineering squads can you have?
Is the number dependent on something specific?

How many HAWK sites can you have, and is the number dependent on something specific?

Is a site captured purely by dropping engineer units on that site?

Thank you and have a good day.

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif

27 minutes ago, BRAVO_16 said:

@Surrexen  Hi Sir, and thank you for this mission file.

Would you mind answering a few of my questions?

Is there any benefit in capturing or destroying Red/Enemy Oil Rigs?

Can they be destroyed?

How many engineering squads can you have?
Is the number dependent on something specific?

How many HAWK sites can you have, and is the number dependent on something specific?

Is a site captured purely by dropping engineer units on that site?

Thank you and have a good day.

The oil rigs are purely decorative, and were made red to avoid them being in the radio channels ATC list because I couldn't find a different way to stop that from happening. You could destroy them if you so wished, but there isn't much point, they are not part of the mission list per se.

The default maximums for build totals are:

Infantry groups: 8

Stinger groups: 4

Engineer groups: 4

Hawk sites: 3

Ammo trucks: 8

Rolands: 2

Abrams tanks: 4

Avengers: 3

Bradleys: 3

NASAMS: 2

Cargo containers: 24

An airfield is captured by dropping any infantry team into the zone (rifle/stingers/engineers) or moving any vehicle into the airfield zone and making sure there are no red units in the airfield zone.

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

I appreciate your detailed reply.

On one of the airfield zones there was a Red Comms Tower, is that also seen as an enemy unit/structure?

Can/Should it be destroyed for the airfield to be captured?

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif