Operation Scarlet Dawn - Syria PvE Persistent Campaign

On 2/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, Surrexen said:

Operation Sea Slug for the Mariana's can be found here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320444/

Enjoy

Great mission thanks Surrexen. Our squadron (DCSNZA) had a blast with it last night. Took about 3 hours to clean out and take Rota Island. Couple of nice surprises that added to the fun. Certainly required some team work to deal with the assault and mission objective on Rota. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kilo Oscar said:

Great mission thanks Surrexen. Our squadron (DCSNZA) had a blast with it last night. Took about 3 hours to clean out and take Rota Island. Couple of nice surprises that added to the fun. Certainly required some team work to deal with the assault and mission objective on Rota. 

Nice to know it works at least up to that point. You've already gone further than I ever have haha.

• Like 1

First of all i would like to thank you for your missions. I am writing this here but it goes for all of them..
Now i have a question..
Since your missions use "sectors" for the various supports, it would be a great addition since the deaw tool is now available, to have these sectors available on F-10 map.
Do you have this in plans? Is that possible?

• Like 1

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

1 hour ago, Spanker79 said:

First of all i would like to thank you for your missions. I am writing this here but it goes for all of them..
Now i have a question..
Since your missions use "sectors" for the various supports, it would be a great addition since the deaw tool is now available, to have these sectors available on F-10 map.
Do you have this in plans? Is that possible?

You are welcome. Unfortunate that the draw tool was not available when I was putting these things together in the first place, I would have used it to map out proper sectors instead of a 'near enough is good enough' approach. I hardly play DCS these days, so as it stands it is not likely to change anytime soon. It will be enough work for me to factor in the new coming airfields into the scripts for Syria, and putting Apaches everywhere when the time comes.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:02 PM, Surrexen said:

Nice to know it works at least up to that point. You've already gone further than I ever have haha.

Finished the mission last night. Very challenging with the two aircraft carrier groups. The DCSNZA guys really enjoyed it. Thanks again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kilo Oscar said:

Finished the mission last night. Very challenging with the two aircraft carrier groups. The DCSNZA guys really enjoyed it. Thanks again!

I guess that means you guys are the first to complete it? Congratulations! At least I know it works then haha 🙂

• Like 1

Hello @Surrexen,

I can only agree with the previous speakers, thank you for this great mission. You must have put a lot of time into it, wow! Crazy ;D
You should consider to let People Donate for Updates 😄

Maybe you can give me a tip how we can integrate the UH-60L and C130 mod ?

~~ UH60 (ver. 1.1)
I added the UH60 in the "Scarlet Dawn Helo Operations.lua" in line 3125. -> " or EventGroupType == "UH-60L" ) "

Unlike @Kilo Oscar, who also already asked, when im in the UH-60, I get the menu and can see all menu items. However, when trying to call an infantry group or container for example, no message appears and nothing spawns. Do you possibly have an idea?

~~ C130
Im new to this and as i understand it right, you use the "capture logic" from DCS. So a single allied Unit is required to capture an airport. As I understand your scripts, only helicopter groups can call the Helo functions. I can't expect you to extend that extra but maybe you could tell me if i can have the CTLD scriptset loaded parallel to yours? So if i understand this right, with this i can load an Unit in the C130, flying to an airport and drop a Unit there, it should be captured. As long as no scripted C130 from your script do a Mission to an airport, it should be no Problem?

Thank you for your Time !

Edited by Sithos
  • Like 1

germany greetings Marcus

CJTF2 | 77th Gamblers - F-16

1 hour ago, Sithos said:

Hello @Surrexen,

I can only agree with the previous speakers, thank you for this great mission. You must have put a lot of time into it, wow! Crazy ;D
You should consider to let People Donate for Updates 😄

Maybe you can give me a tip how we can integrate the UH-60L and C130 mod ?

~~ UH60 (ver. 1.1)
I added the UH60 in the "Scarlet Dawn Helo Operations.lua" in line 3125. -> " or EventGroupType == "UH-60L" ) "

Unlike @Kilo Oscar, who also already asked, when im in the UH-60, I get the menu and can see all menu items. However, when trying to call an infantry group or container for example, no message appears and nothing spawns. Do you possibly have an idea?

~~ C130
Im new to this and as i understand it right, you use the "capture logic" from DCS. So a single allied Unit is required to capture an airport. As I understand your scripts, only helicopter groups can call the Helo functions. I can't expect you to extend that extra but maybe you could tell me if i can have the CTLD scriptset loaded parallel to yours? So if i understand this right, with this i can load an Unit in the C130, flying to an airport and drop a Unit there, it should be captured. As long as no scripted C130 from your script do a Mission to an airport, it should be no Problem?

Thank you for your Time !
greetings Marcus

Hi @Sithos,

I have no idea sorry as I have never used mods. If you get the radio menu to add to the UH-60 then that part of it is fine, it must be something else. Once you try to spawn something with the helo and it fails, see what the log file is complaining about. Maybe it can't measure distances etc because it doesn't know what a UH-60 is. I'm really only guessing.

The system I built for the helo's was to meet some very specific requirements given to me by the multiplayer group I was working with at the time. If it doesn't do what you need, then you could stop my script from running and change over to whatever other CTLD system you want to use. Since I had been working on my system and never really used anything else, I can't really tell you if they would work in parallel or not ... they might? Only way to find out is to try it for yourself and see.

Sorry I know this isn't exactly much help to you.

• Like 1

Just wanted to let you know: Works, error found 🙂

The variable "TransPlayerUnit" was "empty" (returned nil), because apparently the name of the group was too long in the editor.

@Kilo Oscar
If you still want to include the UH-60L, just add it to line 3125 like I did (see Spoiler if you want). As said attention, group name must not be too long!

Spoiler

EventHandlerHeloBirth = {}
function EventHandlerHeloBirth:onEvent(Event)

if ( Event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_BIRTH and Event.initiator:getDesc().category == 1 and Event.initiator:getPlayerName() ~= nil ) then                
        local EventGroupName = Event.initiator:getGroup():getName()
        local EventGroupType = Event.initiator:getTypeName()
        local EventGroupID      = Event.initiator:getGroup():getID()
        local EventPlayerName = Event.initiator:getPlayerName()

if ( EventGroupType == "UH-1H" or EventGroupType == "Mi-8MT" or EventGroupType == "SA342L" or EventGroupType == "SA342M" or EventGroupType == "SA342Minigun" or EventGroupType == "SA342Mistral" or EventGroupType == "Ka-50" or EventGroupType == "Mi-24P" or EventGroupType == "UH-60L" ) then             
            SEF_SetupHeloMenu(EventGroupID, EventGroupName)
        end
    end      
end
world.addEventHandler(EventHandlerHeloBirth)

p.s.: Sorry, Translator English 😄

Edited by Sithos
  • Like 1

germany greetings Marcus

CJTF2 | 77th Gamblers - F-16

Hi @Surrexen

We are just enjoying your Sea-Slug-Mission which is a blast.

The one thing we are experiencing is, that destroyed units spawn new. Is it supposed to be that way or is something strange happening?

My guys reported that red units on the north-shore of guam spawn new...

Thanks for your help and once again, great missions 🙂

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PeeJott17 said:

Hi @Surrexen

We are just enjoying your Sea-Slug-Mission which is a blast.

The one thing we are experiencing is, that destroyed units spawn new. Is it supposed to be that way or is something strange happening?

My guys reported that red units on the north-shore of guam spawn new...

Thanks for your help and once again, great missions 🙂

It sounds like persistence is not set up correctly. Red ground/naval units are not spawned, they are all hand placed in the editor. When persistence is working it will remove the ones that were registered as killed when the mission starts.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 2:39 AM, Sithos said:

Just wanted to let you know: Works, error found 🙂

The variable "TransPlayerUnit" was "empty" (returned nil), because apparently the name of the group was too long in the editor.

@Kilo Oscar
If you still want to include the UH-60L, just add it to line 3125 like I did (see Spoiler if you want). As said attention, group name must not be too long!

Hide contents

EventHandlerHeloBirth = {}
function EventHandlerHeloBirth:onEvent(Event)

if ( Event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_BIRTH and Event.initiator:getDesc().category == 1 and Event.initiator:getPlayerName() ~= nil ) then                
        local EventGroupName = Event.initiator:getGroup():getName()
        local EventGroupType = Event.initiator:getTypeName()
        local EventGroupID      = Event.initiator:getGroup():getID()
        local EventPlayerName = Event.initiator:getPlayerName()

if ( EventGroupType == "UH-1H" or EventGroupType == "Mi-8MT" or EventGroupType == "SA342L" or EventGroupType == "SA342M" or EventGroupType == "SA342Minigun" or EventGroupType == "SA342Mistral" or EventGroupType == "Ka-50" or EventGroupType == "Mi-24P" or EventGroupType == "UH-60L" ) then             
            SEF_SetupHeloMenu(EventGroupID, EventGroupName)
        end
    end      
end
world.addEventHandler(EventHandlerHeloBirth)

p.s.: Sorry, Translator English 😄

@Sithos Thanks for the message. Editing line 3125 adds the menu for the UH-60L. But clicking on Request Infantry (or any other type of unit or cargo) nothing happens.

The script gives this error -   attempt to index local 'TransPlayerUnit' (a nil value)
when doing this:
local TransClientUnitName = TransPlayerUnit:GetName()

The group name is 8 char long, and the Pilot name is 4 char long. Any ideas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kilo Oscar said:

@Sithos Thanks for the message. Editing line 3125 adds the menu for the UH-60L. But clicking on Request Infantry (or any other type of unit or cargo) nothing happens.

The script gives this error -   attempt to index local 'TransPlayerUnit' (a nil value)
when doing this:
local TransClientUnitName = TransPlayerUnit:GetName()

The group name is 8 char long, and the Pilot name is 4 char long. Any ideas?

Make the names match each other.

• Like 1

Hello guys.
We have started playing this campaign with my Squadron and i have a question.
How sectors are captured by humans and not AI. I know that every now and then cargo planes take off for the sectors of interest but if they land or units are placed inside the airfield the name of the sector for Phase #1 isn't remove.

I attach a picture where i have moved with UH-1H (flown by me) inside Rosh Pina and although as you can see the airfield is owned by BLUE Coalition, its name isn't removed from the list.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Screen_220306_091211.png

• Like 1

~ Flying since 2008 ~

On 3/4/2022 at 9:11 AM, Kilo Oscar said:

If I wish to add more groups of units to the mission and have them be persistent, do I just have to add them in to the mission table in 'Scarlet Dawn Mission.lua'?

If you want them to show up as missions, then yes. Otherwise just add in the ground units and persistency will apply to them. The exceptions are trains/oil rigs/gas platforms which behave differently when killed.

31 minutes ago, Spanker79 said:

Hello guys.
We have started playing this campaign with my Squadron and i have a question.
How sectors are captured by humans and not AI. I know that every now and then cargo planes take off for the sectors of interest but if they land or units are placed inside the airfield the name of the sector for Phase #1 isn't remove.

I attach a picture where i have moved with UH-1H (flown by me) inside Rosh Pina and although as you can see the airfield is owned by BLUE Coalition, its name isn't removed from the list.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

No it won't remove the name from the list, It's an overall list of what you need to complete each phase. The rest is up to you to work it out. You can see on the F10 map which airfields are blue etc. You can use helo's to take troops to capture airfields. Or you can use helo's to get engineers to construct tanks etc that you can direct using combined arms. Lots of ways to do things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surrexen said:

If you want them to show up as missions, then yes. Otherwise just add in the ground units and persistency will apply to them. The exceptions are trains/oil rigs/gas platforms which behave differently when killed.

No it won't remove the name from the list, It's an overall list of what you need to complete each phase. The rest is up to you to work it out. You can see on the F10 map which airfields are blue etc. You can use helo's to take troops to capture airfields. Or you can use helo's to get engineers to construct tanks etc that you can direct using combined arms. Lots of ways to do things.

Thanks a lot for your answer and help my friend.

• Like 1

~ Flying since 2008 ~

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 11:25 PM, Surrexen said:

It sounds like persistence is not set up correctly. Red ground/naval units are not spawned, they are all hand placed in the editor. When persistence is working it will remove the ones that were registered as killed when the mission starts.

Yes, you were right. DCS-Update disabled persistency ;-)

Operation Sea Slug Updated For Apaches: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320444/

Changes:

1. 1x Apache slot added to Andersen AFB, and 1x Apache slot added to LHA-1 Tarawa

2. Apache's have been added into the helo system so you can use them to build things etc.

3. Spawn timers and red attack timers adjusted

4. Hawkeye E-2D disabled as it's not really needed

5. Radio channels for Forrestal based air adjusted to point to E-3A instead of Hawkeye

Operation Snowfox Escalation will probably be next. Enjoy.

Just now, Surrexen said:

Operation Sea Slug Updated For Apaches: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320444/

Changes:

1. 1x Apache slot added to Andersen AFB, and 1x Apache slot added to LHA-1 Tarawa

2. Apache's have been added into the helo system so you can use them to build things etc.

3. Spawn timers and red attack timers adjusted

4. Hawkeye E-2D disabled as it's not really needed

5. Radio channels for Forrestal based air adjusted to point to E-3A instead of Hawkeye

Operation Snowfox Escalation will probably be next. Enjoy.

Strange request, is there any chance you could post or send me (or tell me what to update) in your custom version of moose , to allow me to support the likes of the forrestal, on my Snowfox and Scarlet Dawn missions (or can I just use the one from the sea slug mission? ) Thanks muchly.

Smack.

3 minutes ago, Badass1982 said:

Strange request, is there any chance you could post or send me (or tell me what to update) in your custom version of moose , to allow me to support the likes of the forrestal, on my Snowfox and Scarlet Dawn missions (or can I just use the one from the sea slug mission? ) Thanks muchly.

Smack.

I'm not entirely sure what you are after here, the Forrestal is part of the update that is coming to Snowfox Escalation, along with a bunch of other stuff. I don't think I've made any changes to my moose file for a long time, as it hasn't been necessary for what I'm doing.