Operation Scarlet Dawn - Syria PvE Persistent Campaign

G'day Surrexen,

I've noticed in the latest Snowfox Escalation mission, that there seems to be no persistence for units destroyed which are recorded to the "staticunit...." list.  eg, I have destroyed the Jask SA-15 several times, but on restart, the SA-15 is not taken out.  Units recorded to the usual destroyed list seem to work ok.  I have done the required modification to the mission scripting.  Please see the attached screenshot.

Cheers!

🥃

Screen_220401_090020.jpg

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

12 minutes ago, Scotch75 said:

G'day Surrexen,

I've noticed in the latest Snowfox Escalation mission, that there seems to be no persistence for units destroyed which are recorded to the "staticunit...." list.  eg, I have destroyed the Jask SA-15 several times, but on restart, the SA-15 is not taken out.  Units recorded to the usual destroyed list seem to work ok.  I have done the required modification to the mission scripting.  Please see the attached screenshot.

Cheers!

🥃

I've already talked about this, there is a known issue with the way unit deaths are switching over to statics. It's something on the ED side and it's been reported. I was hoping it would be addressed in the latest hotfix, but unfortunately the issue is still present.

Edited by Surrexen

Ok many thanks. Just wanted to provide you with some info if needed.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

28 minutes ago, PaulSummer said:

Can I Ask if I take an Airfield will it populate the slots after a restart  so we can then use that airfield not sure how this works ?

Thanks

Client slots are set to bases that will not be targeted for capture by red air. Capturing neutral or red airfields will not populate client slots to it (you can rearm/refuel/repair though). To do this, you would need to tie-in ciribob's simple slot block script.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add different aircraft to the red side to fight against. Looking to add additional bomber units, as well as possible mod aircraft. Clear field made this a no brainer but so far im stumped on how this can be achieved.

On 4/14/2022 at 5:22 AM, ThoWmas31 said:

Hello Surrexen, 

Do you script the SAM site? i got weird behavior with HTS pod on F-16, some SA-2 SA-3 SA-6 lock my aircraft but i can't see them with HTS POD, maybe smart site ?

No, I don't interfere with the behavior of the SAM sites, but they do have 'alarm state auto' set, so they can switch radars on and off as they please. Perhaps there is an issue with the HTS pod, or you have set it to only show certain radar types or something.

Edited by Surrexen

Hello @Surrexen,

I have a question again 🙂

Is there any way to make the mission "easier"? Specifically I mean to limit the spawning of Enemy Plane Groups.

In your Scripts i already found parameters* and set them (crazy) high but that has apparently no effect or I'm too stupid to find and change the right ones 😄

* ( RedRespawnTimerInitialMin = 1200 // RedRespawnTimerInitialMax = 2400 // RedRespawnTimerMin  = 86400 // RedRespawnTimerMax  = 86425 // RedFlightLevelMin = 1 // RedFlightLevelMax = 1 )

It's because we fly in a small Group and of course we like some Challenge but also some "Pause" Moments would be cool for the Guys who like to fly A10 and have some "Quiet Air" for an Hour or so.

thx,
greetings Sithos

Edited by Sithos

germany greetings Marcus

CJTF2 | 77th Gamblers - F-16

2 hours ago, Sithos said:

Hello @Surrexen,

I have a question again 🙂

Is there any way to make the mission "easier"? Specifically I mean to limit the spawning of Enemy Plane Groups.

In your Scripts i already found parameters* and set them (crazy) high but that has apparently no effect or I'm too stupid to find and change the right ones 😄

* ( RedRespawnTimerInitialMin = 1200 // RedRespawnTimerInitialMax = 2400 // RedRespawnTimerMin  = 86400 // RedRespawnTimerMax  = 86425 // RedFlightLevelMin = 1 // RedFlightLevelMax = 1 )

It's because we fly in a small Group and of course we like some Challenge but also some "Pause" Moments would be cool for the Guys who like to fly A10 and have some "Quiet Air" for an Hour or so.

thx,
greetings Sithos

Easiest way is go into the airforce script and remark out red air squadrons from starting up at all. But to answer what the above values are, RedRespawnTimerInitialMin and Max are the values used to get squadrons in the air within the first 15 minutes (by default) of the mission start. After that each squadrons scheduler uses RedRespawnTimerMin and Max as it's timer to check whether or not the squadron is alive and to spawn new planes for that squadron if they are not present in the mission (dead/despawned etc). RedFlightLevelMin and Max are the intended flight levels, x1000 meters. So don't set them to 1 or all red planes will do their best to fly at 1000m altitude at all times.

So, either set the RedRespawnTimerMin  and Max values to something longer, like every hour or two or whatever you want it to be (and maybe make the InitialMin/Max values the same, or remark out some red squadrons from starting up, or a combination of both. That said, I have seen a small group of 6 helo pilots conquer the Mariana's mission, so don't nerf it too much or it will be boring!

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Surrexen:

Easiest way is go into the airforce script and remark out red air squadrons from starting up at all. But to answer what the above values are, RedRespawnTimerInitialMin and Max are the values used to get squadrons in the air within the first 15 minutes (by default) of the mission start. After that each squadrons scheduler uses RedRespawnTimerMin and Max as it's timer to check whether or not the squadron is alive and to spawn new planes for that squadron if they are not present in the mission (dead/despawned etc). RedFlightLevelMin and Max are the intended flight levels, x1000 meters. So don't set them to 1 or all red planes will do their best to fly at 1000m altitude at all times.

So, either set the RedRespawnTimerMin  and Max values to something longer, like every hour or two or whatever you want it to be (and maybe make the InitialMin/Max values the same, or remark out some red squadrons from starting up, or a combination of both. That said, I have seen a small group of 6 helo pilots conquer the Mariana's mission, so don't nerf it too much or it will be boring!

Thanks for the detailed Answer ! You're my (/our) Hero, Sir! O7

• Like 1

germany greetings Marcus

CJTF2 | 77th Gamblers - F-16

For everyone waiting for ED to fix the scripting issue making persistence not work, edit Surrexen's persistent world lua for LOAD STATICS to the following, addition in green. quick and easy fix that'll get you through until ED addresses it:

if file_exists("ScarletDawnStaticInterment.lua") then

dofile("ScarletDawnStaticInterment.lua")

StaticIntermentTableLength = SEF_GetTableLength(ScarletDawnStaticInterment)    
    --trigger.action.outText("Static Table Length Is "..StaticIntermentTableLength, 15)

for i = 1, StaticIntermentTableLength do
        --trigger.action.outText("Static Interment Element "..i.." Is "..ScarletDawnStaticInterment[i], 15)

if ( StaticObject.getByName(ScarletDawnStaticInterment[i]) ~= nil ) then        
            StaticObject.getByName(ScarletDawnStaticInterment[i]):destroy()        
            SEFDeletedStaticCount = SEFDeletedStaticCount + 1
        elseif ( Unit.getByName(ScarletDawnStaticInterment[i]) ~= nil ) then
            Unit.getByName(ScarletDawnStaticInterment[i]):destroy()
            SEFDeletedUnitCount = SEFDeletedUnitCount + 1

else
            trigger.action.outText("Static Interment Element "..i.." Is "..ScarletDawnStaticInterment[i].." And Was Not Found", 15)
        end    
    end    
else
    ScarletDawnStaticInterment = {}
    StaticIntermentTableLength = 0    
end

And a big Thanks! to Surrexen for his missions!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12900K | MSI Z690 | STRIX RTX3090 | 64GB DDR4 3600MHz | NVMe Storage gen3 | Custom Loop | Valve Index

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 6:32 PM, mimamema said:

Hi! is the Helo Transport Menu working for any of you?

This looks to work again, and that´s very good news, probably a DCS bug. 

Now another question, does anyone know if there´s any easy way to make the JTAC in the mission work with Moose JTAC (Function "Designate" I think it is) implementation better than with the DCS one with all the comunication proccess  involved and often not getting the JTAC to lase any objective.  I don´t know how to code, if I read the scripts I can get some sense of what they are for and in some how they work but I´m not even a newbie lvl in coding. I just only managed to add ships with their routing in the old Clear Field Escalation mission, but that was just mainly copy pasting lines of code, so this is my coding lvl.  I was trying to use the CTLD implementation of the JTAC as well but as all the spawning units like the drone are based on a template file I don´t know how to make use of it, exactly the same for MOOSE JTAC.