Replay/Track Help (Nothing Tracking At All)

Hey all, I'm really hoping there's someone out there who knows of this issue or if it's a bug or whatever, anyway.

I am having issues with no aircraft I fly tracking after take off at all, in less than 30 to 45 seconds after take off the aircraft are not following my flight and end up crashing directly into the ground or in some cases taxiing straight off the grass into the nearest hanger on the take off roll. I've tried this in both stable and open beta with the F14A & B, the SU 27 and an F18 as well, nothing is tracking for me since the most recent update. I have never had this issue before at all, as I make mostly airshow content and some cinematics from time to time you can understand my frustration when even a 10 minute display can't be recorded without an aircraft heading into the dirt less than a minute after take off.

I'd really appreciate some help on this one, I've tried asking in discord as well but my frustration every time I try to record something is winning over the fight with my patience. Appreciated in advance!

Hey all, I'm really hoping there's someone out there who knows of this issue or if it's a bug or whatever, anyway.

I am having issues with no aircraft I fly tracking after take off at all, in less than 30 to 45 seconds after take off the aircraft are not following my flight and end up crashing directly into the ground or in some cases taxiing straight off the grass into the nearest hanger on the take off roll. I've tried this in both stable and open beta with the F14A & B, the SU 27 and an F18 as well, nothing is tracking for me since the most recent update. I have never had this issue before at all, as I make mostly airshow content and some cinematics from time to time you can understand my frustration when even a 10 minute display can't be recorded without an aircraft heading into the dirt less than a minute after take off.

I'd really appreciate some help on this one, I've tried asking in discord as well but my frustration every time I try to record something is winning over the fight with my patience. Appreciated in advance!

Tracks saving and playback has been notoriously unreliable in DCS for years. Depending on individual hardware and module, it's an intermittent issue - tracks can play OK for a few versions, then they get corrupted for next few, then OK, then corrupted again etc.

Not much can be done about it apart from:

a) avoid using high number of units in the mission;

b) avoid using any random-numbers-generated processes in your mission (e.g. carrier ops, dynamic weather, or actually any windy weather at all);

c) avoid using time acceleration either during mission or during playback;

d) play tracks on the same game version they were recorded in (they're not backwards-compatible and even if they play OK after one small update, they'll become outdated soon anyway).

e) check after few game updates if they started replaying correct again.

Truth to be told DCS is not a good platform for airshow content creation, unless you have someone else on the multiplayer server recording you flight using screen capture software.

• Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

What I heard can greatly help is:

1. go MP

2. use external server (idk if dedicated one on the same PC qualify)

3. use server side saved track to watch - obviously you can't see the cockpit view then

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tracks with "working-track-planes" (L-39, Mig-21, F-5, M2K, all helis & WWII planes" even with time acceleration. They worked 2 weeks ago, until today.

I was going to watch an F-5 landing replay & I noticed external views not working, troubleshoot & found out checked in GUI>Special>"F-5 for nearest AC view", was the culprit, so uncecked it & external views ok, but all tracks are now corrupt & not replaying normally, old tracks all aircraft crashing. new tracks finishing abruptly.

So I unchecked GUI>Special>"F10 AWACS view" & all seems to work now, very strange? (attached 2 tracks 1:st with checked special views, 2:nd unchecked)f5 stol 2 ok.trk

F5 SYRIA STOL.trk

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.