Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

14 minutes ago, IvanK said:

very useful, thanks a lot 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 hours ago, IvanK said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the later model F1 look down shoot down capability was not PD but some other pseudo look down shoot down thing. with an MTI type function.

Interesting if it was an external coherence MTI like the mig23's sapfir radar.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

15 hours ago, IvanK said:

On no, another jet with radar stick...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, IvanK said:

"On no, another jet with radar stick... "

I have many hours Stick fiddling 🙂  ergonomically it was pretty neat. (Cyrano II Mirage IIIO)

Cyrano_stick.jpg

Nice.

Mainly for me its a pain to use them since they almost always weird button/slider arrangements. For the viggen and F14 I use a spare F16 stick (FSSB). But they all have "wheels" and other stuff to consider, plus its awkward for me in VR since I can't exactly do what you have since I also use that stick for the viper. So it basically sits "next" to the throttle, which makes using it or the throttle awkward.

TBH I'd totally buy another "radar" stick if some company made them. Same with a harrier throttle, or russian style sliding throttles.

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 11:35 PM, Harlikwin said:

or russian style sliding throttles

Apparently VKB is working on a version of their upcoming TECS that is a slider type throttle:
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5054

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

7 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Apparently VKB is working on a version of their upcoming TECS that is a slider type throttle:
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5054

Cool I guess. But really, I question the Su35/57 throttle idea, I mean we don't have em in DCS, and from a quick glance its not even close to the current Russian stuff we do have in DCS. I personally have 3 other throttles, but if there was one that was a copy of an actual in game plane, I'd get it. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 12:18 AM, TLTeo said:

Those would be the F1M as far as I understand, not the original EEs that Spain got.

Only the earliest variants of the Cyrano radar lacked look down/shoot down capability. It's unclear what BVR missiles will be carried by each variant though.

The issue with look down/shoot down capability was not only the radar itself but also the MATRA Super 530 F, the Thomson-CSF Cyrano IV lacked the performances to follow targets with continued illumination of target at low altitude but also the Super 530 F wasn't designed for this.

AdlA considered the AIM-7 Sparow to be superior for interception in this aspect but less reliable, the reason was the seeker's lack of doppler capabilities, it came with the D variant and the Mirage 2000, but the first 2000 were equiped with the rafar RDM and Super 530F.

From 1987, they considered the Sparrow M variant and the Super 530 D as having equivalent performances, the improvement from the F to the D included an EMD semi-active doppler seeker with a 50km range.

http://marc.mistral.free.fr/aventure/militaire/missiles tactiques/mt 59 79/mt ch 08.htm

http://marc.mistral.free.fr/aventure/militaire/missiles tactiques/mt 59 79/mt ch 09.htm

Edited by Thinder
  • Like 2

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

Don't expect anything for this year.

I forget where I saw it but they were aiming for mid this year for this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I forget where I saw it but they were aiming for mid this year for this. 

It's literally the OP 😛 but yeah, the art looks done and in in November they said the FM was done as well. It won't be this month, but it shouldn't be too long imo.

In late 2020, when announcing the module, Aerges said that they are hoping to release the first variant in about half a year, if all goes well. So even if all goes well we should be about a quarter off from initial release.

And that is fine, this is one of the things I am looking forward to most in DCS right now, probably sharing first place with Mi-24, or just barely in the second place. But let developers take their time until they are comfotable with what they will give us. C-101 is in a really good place now, so I have faith in Aviodev/Aerges.

• Like 5

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Developers are as a general rule notoriously bad at giving estimates. Especially if this isn't their primary means of income. So please, don't get your hopes up too much. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm hoping to see this in Q2 or 3. The mig23 is still pretty far out IMO looking at the relative states of development screens between the two. The mig23 pit is just getting started whereas this one looks done.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 2:44 AM, Vibora said:

You have the answer in the first post of this thread ("about half a year"). Therefore, our estimation is around mid year, though it's too early and we can't promise anything.

Hello Vibora,

Just wondering if there is any new content you can share about progress on the F1.

Really excited and definitely a day 1 buy for me!

• Like 7

Im super excited to hear more about this plane! ive accumulated so many ED Miles just waiting for this plane to release. Do you think we can see a weapons list in the next info release? Im hoping you decide to implement the Super 530F that the Spanish acquired from the Qatari Mirage F1 purchase.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

I have read that the Mirage F1 could carry the ATLIS laser targeting pod. Are you guys planning on implementing laser pods on the later M variant of the Mirage f1?

From what I've read, only the latest batches of Iraqi F-1EQ actually had ATLIS, probably much later upgrades on French and Moroccan ones had some TGP too, but pre-2000s it seems only some of the Iraqi birds had it. In any case, it doesn't seem Spanish Mirage F-1s ever had targeting pods, sadly.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

5 minutes ago, WinterH said:

From what I've read, only the latest batches of Iraqi F-1EQ actually had ATLIS, probably much later upgrades on French and Moroccan ones had some TGP too, but pre-2000s it seems only some of the Iraqi birds had it. In any case, it doesn't seem Spanish Mirage F-1s ever had targeting pods, sadly.

They have mentioned though that they are planning on adding a two seat variant of the mirage f1 and from what I have read about that variant is the person in the back controls the laser pod to guide LGBs or the AS-30L missiles