Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

I have a question about the flight model. On the real aircraft the manoeuvrability was better with the Magic/Sidewinder missile rail installed. Are you planning to modelised it on the module flight model ?

2 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

I doubt it, but that would be VERY cool, lots of great laughs to be had with refueling your friends

Is there a particular reason to doubt it?  I think it would be a huge win to bring the first module supporting buddy refueling, and it was a used capability of the jet.  I don't know about the Spanish ones in particular, but they'd probably be equally capable of equipping it and, if so, it'd be genuinely useful to fit the F1 into more scenarios in DCS without stretching any realism.  Of course, any of this does imply some commitment from the devs and from ED.  There are lots of unknowns, but the benefits are strong enough that it would seem worth real exploration of the idea.

7 hours ago, RedSky said:

Is there a particular reason to doubt it?  I think it would be a huge win to bring the first module supporting buddy refueling, and it was a used capability of the jet.  I don't know about the Spanish ones in particular, but they'd probably be equally capable of equipping it and, if so, it'd be genuinely useful to fit the F1 into more scenarios in DCS without stretching any realism.  Of course, any of this does imply some commitment from the devs and from ED.  There are lots of unknowns, but the benefits are strong enough that it would seem worth real exploration of the idea.

To my knowledge, not at all. Firsts Cs weren't fitted for refuelling, later on the refuelling probe was attached and I believe retrofitted to some if not all of them, but there were proper tankers (C130, 707) so no need for a F1 to tank for anybody.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

To my knowledge, not at all. Firsts Cs weren't fitted for refuelling, later on the refuelling probe was attached and I believe retrofitted to some if not all of them, but there were proper tankers (C130, 707) so no need for a F1 to tank for anybody.

S!

That sounds right.  I believe the E variants were the ones with the refueling capability, and thus probably also the ones with the buddy pod capability.  I imagine that if we get it, it will come with the EE.  Are we getting refueling probe equipped CEs then?  That's interesting if so.

A friend of mine was down by Luke AFB about a month ago.  He said he saw Mirage F1s flying there.  Apparently they have contractors flying these in an aggressor role.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

1 hour ago, Zad Fnark said:

A friend of mine was down by Luke AFB about a month ago.  He said he saw Mirage F1s flying there.  Apparently they have contractors flying these in an aggressor role.

Yep, there are two separate companies that fly them. Some have even been modified to carry AESA radars iirc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

Have they or can they tell us what liveries we can expect to have on the Mirage F1?

"The versions we are working on are all the Spanish Air Force versions, since those are the ones we have real info for, that is, Mirage F1-CE, Mirage F1-EE, Mirage F1-BE and Mirage F1-M"

A fast image search will probably give you a reasonable idea about what to expect.

• Like 1

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

1 hour ago, Ravenus said:

Magnitude 3, cough, cough

Yeah, they got the F4U and the F8J in front of it, so fitter 2030 maybe?

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Su-17M3 or M4, or their Su-22 equivalents is currently the top unannounced thing I want in DCS along with F-4E, but I suppose this really isn't the thread to speculate about it 😛

I'd rather wish Aerges to come through with their ambitious 4 variant set, and then if information is available, hopefully develop additional addons like F1EQ6 and/or F1CT, or hell even a F1AZ/AD because why not! 🙂

Now that the Mi-24 is just around the corner, Mirage F1 is the thing I'm anticipating the most among upcoming stuff.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, WinterH said:

Su-17M3 or M4, or their Su-22 equivalents is currently the top unannounced thing I want in DCS along with F-4E, but I suppose this really isn't the thread to speculate about it 😛

I'd rather wish Aerges to come through with their ambitious 4 variant set, and then if information is available, hopefully develop additional addons like F1EQ6 and/or F1CT, or hell even a F1AZ/AD because why not! 🙂

Now that the Mi-24 is just around the corner, Mirage F1 is the thing I'm anticipating the most among upcoming stuff.

Yeah agreed, Su-17/22 and F4 are among the top modules we need to fill out the 60s/70s/80s. 

That being said the F1 is pretty iconic and served all over the place so I'm excited that we are getting it and much sooner that I thought possible. I still do hope they can get a bunch of different variants in, and I'd even pay extra for some of the more exotic ones. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

4 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

That being said the F1 is pretty iconic and served all over the place so I'm excited that we are getting it and much sooner that I thought possible. I still do hope they can get a bunch of different variants in, and I'd even pay extra for some of the more exotic ones. 

Yep. While I really applaud Aerges for including CE, EE, BE, and M all in one module, I'll happily pay some extra if they can later on expand the library with things like later Iraqi EQ, French CT, or more ground attack focused but still old school AZ or AD. These variants would be extra interesting to eventually get! Also since Iraqi EQ's made a run for it to Iran, and later incorporated into Iran's forces, they'd be a potential fit for more current scenarios on multiple maps we have.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

31 minutes ago, WinterH said:

... I'll happily pay some extra if they can later on expand the library with things like later Iraqi EQ, French CT, or more ground attack focused but still old school AZ or AD. 

We have to be realistic, only a small portion of DCS paying customers are interested on older aircrafts like the Mirage F1 ... and an even smaller subset would be interested in paying extra for a variant, particularly if the Module already includes 4 versions.  Honestly, I'd rather see the developer moving on onto a completely different aircraft, like the F-104 (which served in Spain).

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB