Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

On 7/19/2021 at 4:57 PM, potatoman530 said:

I couldn't agree more. I don't consider the F-18, F-16 "cold war planes" When I think cold war I think Mig-23, Mig-25, Mig-21, Su-15, F4 phantom, F-100, F-105 thunder chief, A4 sky hawk, F-104, Mirage IIIC, Mirage F1, English Electric Lightening, F-8, A-7, A6 and many more.

For sure not a Vietnam era, but both F-16 and F-18 are pure Cold War era machines designed specifically to fight massive Soviet air force over Europe. Obviously 2007 versions have nothing to do in a Cold War scenario, even with restricted weapons (and mid '2000 they are rather bombers than fighters) but pure analog lightweight super nimble F-16A shooting down dozens of Arab MiGs in a close dogfights over Syria with Sidewinders and Gun only in early '80s, before MiG-29 became operational, or manually bombing Iraqi Baghdad nuclear reactor with dumb bombs screams Cold War!

Mirage F.1 did a lot of job in the Middle East, but on the Iraqi side against Iran, Turkey, US and later Desert Storm. Libya used them also in combat.

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, spartan2078 said:

It s getting a bit lonely here...

For what it's worth. Crash Lobi was excited we are getting the Mirage F1 for the Syria map. I Don't mind waiting but it would be nice to hear what progress was made since the last video update in May and what is left. It's been forever since we had a new fixed wing aircraft in DCS and all this teasing from Magnitude 3's F4U, ED's Mosquito, and TrueGrit + Heatblur EF-2000 is driving me a bit nuts.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lock-Os said:

For what it's worth. Crash Lobi was excited we are getting the Mirage F1 for the Syria map. I Don't mind waiting but it would be nice to hear what progress was made since the last video update in May and what is left. It's been forever since we had a new fixed wing aircraft in DCS and all this teasing from Magnitude 3's F4U, ED's Mosquito, and TrueGrit + Heatblur EF-2000 is driving me a bit nuts.

Do you know approximately where in that long video he mentions it?

20 hours ago, kontiuka said:

Aerges / Aviodev don't do prolific news updates.  They usually wait until they have something significant to show.

Im not so worried about seeing pretty pictures as much as I am wondering when the new projected release date is, im sure they have an estimate? no one is going to crucify them if they have to move it again, I just want to know when I need to save my money. I want to support Aerges but i want other modules too.

On 8/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, Get_Lo said:

I am wondering when the new projected release date is, im sure they have an estimate? no one is going to crucify them if they have to move it again

lol, the history of the DCS community has shown this to be entirely untrue.

• Like 5

On 8/7/2021 at 5:15 PM, Get_Lo said:

Im not so worried about seeing pretty pictures as much as I am wondering when the new projected release date is, im sure they have an estimate? no one is going to crucify them if they have to move it again, I just want to know when I need to save my money. I want to support Aerges but i want other modules too.

Smartest way to buy in DCS is wait for a sale buy whatever at a discount. New modules you will usually have at least a ~3 month warning before they drop. At this point the earliest I'd expect the F1 is very late November or December. And thats the optimistic date. 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 4

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 8/8/2021 at 9:19 PM, Mustang25 said:

lol, the history of the DCS community has shown this to be entirely untrue.

In the cases you are refering to, imagine how much worse it would have been if they ghosted their community for 4-5 months. imo the whole "get out of touch with your customers" is a worse approach than having to move a deadline.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:58 PM, potatoman530 said:

Lmao so true I saw people on forums out for blood after the hind was delayed.

now imagine what it would have looked like if ED let the release date come and go without saying anything about it like it never was planned, for months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Get_Lo said:

In the cases you are refering to, imagine how much worse it would have been if they ghosted their community for 4-5 months. imo the whole "get out of touch with your customers" is a worse approach than having to move a deadline.

now imagine what it would have looked like if ED let the release date come and go without saying anything about it like it never was planned, for months.

Good luck trying to get this point across. I said it multiple times but everybody thinks otherwise.

Edited by Arikaj
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 1:03 PM, TLTeo said:

Meh, it's ready when it's ready. I'm perfectly OK with  not having a constant stream of meaningless 3d renderings or pretty screenshots that don't actually tell anything about the state of development.

well thats why people are asking about the state of development, and not pictures.