Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

The French Air Force never used the ATLIS pod on the Mirage F1, it was only for the Jaguar, Mirage 2000D and Super Etendard. The F1 CT can carry LGB but need a JTAC or another aircraft to guide the bomb. The AS 30 L was not used by the French Mirage, only by the Irakian with the F1 EQ5/6 because it's the ONLY version of the F1 able to carry a targeting pod.

That s what I said 3 messages up. I said even though they could technicaly carry them, they never did because the Jafuars and Mirage 2000D did. And as for the EQ5/6, they technacaly didnt carried ATLIS pod but Patrick wich is the little brother of the ATLIS pod. (Source: https://www.amazon.fr/héros-Bagdad-Jean-louis-Bernard/dp/2373010704  https://www.pilote-chasse-11ec.com/agl/)

The manufacturer can develop the solution to use a Tpod but the army have to buy the option and modify the aircraft. The French and Spanish F1 don't have the ability to use a Tpod. They don't have the control set up in the cockpit, the TV display, the pylon is not compatible to make the Pod working.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TLTeo said:

This might be a slightly controversial take, but it is in fact possible for DCS modules to be really, really good without turning every single one of them into precision guided weapons trucks. Just sayin...

In DCS precision guided weapons is kind of the only way to be effective any vehicle with armour or fortification. Splash damage is something yet to be seen in DCS. You pretty much have to hit the tank with the bomb to kill it. I have had instances were I have dropped a mk 84 on a T-55 and had the tank in the crater of the bomb with no damage whatsoever to the tank.   

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, bies said:

According to ED splash damage is being work on.

ED say alot of things. 

Do our clouds move yet? Do clouds block IR or AI vision?

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 minute ago, Rick50 said:

Two weeks?

this has been repeated so much that not only is not funny, but denotes an enormous lack of originality 🙄

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

41 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

Having just seen and photographed the ATAC Mirage F1CTs out at Luke AFB last week, I'll be picking this up for sure. 
Hopefully sooner, rather than later (2022)

We wont have the F1CT at least for now. They said they would like to make one but have problems with the AdA. I hope we ll see it.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, spartan2078 said:

We wont have the F1CT at least for now. They said they would like to make one but have problems with the AdA. I hope we ll see it.

I understand that. I was just excited about the Mirage F1 module after seeing the F1CTs in person.