Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

8 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

I dont know if you guys have heard, but this was on the Eagle Dynamics Discord image.png

That's very interesting. Thanks. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

5 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

This date is very likely the start of pre order I would imagine  

That or release, ED IIRC said they aren't doing pre-orders for 3rd parties anymore cuz its too much of a hassle with steam.

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just now, MEBF109 said:

That's why I don't use steam I had issues with them in the past, I can't wait to fly this beauty I am going to put thousands of flight hours on it.

I mean its not really about "you". Plenty of folks use steam for DCS for various reasons. And ED sells it there, but from my understanding it can be a hassle for them to do pre-sales there, so they largely don't except for their own products at this point. I assume this is because they can't really accurately predict 3rd party dev stuff. I mean its neither here nor there on that just what it is. The good news being that maybe the F1 drops sooner than everyone anticipated. 

Well that's what I meant by it cause this is the only sim I fly and Steam always gave me a hard time with community MODs and it is why I only use now the stand alone version and we are talking about DCS, now if steam is good with other SIMs I don't know, but if they are good for them.  

Just now, potatoman530 said:

Well if thats the case then it seems it would be EA then?

I mean EA with steam is no problem, they just have contractual stuff which says you will release the module on the day you claim you will in order to get that, which is where it can get dodgy. 

At any rate its all supposition till we actually hear from Aereges or ED. 

3 minutes ago, potatoman530 said:

Well if there is a give away on 23rd of October for the Mirage F1 I think

I mean that could be you win a free module, "when it comes out" too. I mean I also want to hope in one hand too, but it could mean alot of things. 

I remember F-14, Viggen, Mosquito, Mi-24 all being offered as gifts for events long before their release or preorder before. Until we hear from Aerges/ED, it means just what it say on the tin: it'll be offered as a gift to person who watches the stream, to be redeemed whenever it actually releases.

That said, I would love it to be sooner than later...

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

5 hours ago, WinterH said:

I remember F-14, Viggen, Mosquito, Mi-24 all being offered as gifts for events long before their release or preorder before. Until we hear from Aerges/ED, it means just what it say on the tin: it'll be offered as a gift to person who watches the stream, to be redeemed whenever it actually releases.

That said, I would love it to be sooner than later...

Well the hind and mossie are ED products. And iirc it was partly the f14 that led to the no 3rd party pre order situation. 

On 10/7/2021 at 1:36 AM, potatoman530 said:

I found this picture of what I think to be a Mirage F1 EE it is mounted with a Thomson-CSF ELINT pod on the center line C.14-60 - Dassault Mirage F1EE - Spain - Air Force

its easy found photos with the Thompson pod, was the only fighter doing that rol (ELINT) till the CORE implementation in the F-18.

44772841765_bd011e350a_b.jpg

When F1 released, only a few "old" planes from Spanish Air Force will left to be made (f-86, f-5, f-18, harrier already done and EF-2000 incoming) so what do you think will be next?

2bbc4b1bdc5a45da31a401278142f0ed.jpg

8d8c2c833830ca67d49f502dc791b033.jpg

42788486000_701fe0991b_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Riojano said:

its easy found photos with the Thompson pod, was the only fighter doing that rol (ELINT) till the CORE implementation in the F-18.

Viggen 😉

4 hours ago, Riojano said:

When F1 released, only a few "old" planes from Spanish Air Force will left to be made (f-86, f-5, f-18, harrier already done and EF-2000 incoming) so what do you think will be next?

Either a Mirage 3 or F-104 would be sick. The Phantom would be cool but who knows whether it's taken already or not...

edit: grammar

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TLTeo said:

The Phantom would be cool but who knows whether it's taken already or not...

I am not sure if you have heard, but on the ED discord after an interview and some confusion on if an F-4 phantom was coming or if they were talking about an F-4U they mentioned on the discord that the phantom was coming, but it was not them at ED doing it.