Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

52 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

Will you post the link here?  I would like to see the video.  Thanks.

I don't know if there will be a video recorded of the event, I guess so. If we get it, we'll ask for permission to publish the part in which we participate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Just now, Vibora said:

I don't know if there will be a video recorded of the event, I guess so. If we get it, we'll ask for permission to publish the part in which we participate.

Does "participate" Mean the interview? or will we see some F1s?

• Like 1

Just now, Schmidtfire said:

Yeah... but we can't contain ourselves. Exciting times ahead!

It is exciting to see a few shots of the gunsight working on the F1, and TBH fox2's shouldn't be too hard to get working either. At this point for me the elephant in the room is the radar. We've seen no pics of it, and its probably the most complex part of the avionics on the F1, and then the other part of question is, how good of a job in terms of radar modeling will it be. I.e. will it be some poor radar model that presents no issues for the pilot ala the JF17 radar? Or will be an actual radar simulation like what Razbam has been teasing for their M2k and future modules or what HB has done for the AWG.

The Manual for the radar is out there, and it looks like it should have some serious drawbacks, particularly in look down situations, and the 530F missiles should also have serious look down issues as well. A big motivation for the M2k/RDI radar and the 530D was to get some look down capability compared to the Cyrano IV and the RDM (radar de merde). 

And while I have confidence in Aereges when doing pretty much all the other systems in the F1 based on their C101 work, I do worry about the radar since the 101 of course has no radar and therefore they don't have experience with coding that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

20 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

In the screenshots they posted we can see the radar lead indicator working I see this as an indication on how the radar is going.

That was just the gyro gunsight, they didnt radar track the MiG-23 from what I could tell

4 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

That was just the gyro gunsight, they didnt radar track the MiG-23 from what I could tell

Yea seeing that in video made a lot more sense 

They said there will be Magic 1s and super 530s for the later versions from what I heard. Also I did not expect durandels to be included. but a very good interview.

1 minute ago, potatoman530 said:

Yea seeing that in video made a lot more sense 

They said there will be Magic 1s and super 530s for the later versions from what I heard. Also I did not expect durandels to be included. but a very good interview.

I heard Magic 1 for the CE, and presumably the later verions too. however I only heard S530F in relation to the M, which I hope we get the S530F on the EE aswell! It would be nice to fit the era better.

Let's hope they don't restrict the S-530F to the -M versions, and also add it to the -CE and -EE version ( however unrealistic it is ) 

The -M is a late and very specific upgraded version of the Mirage F-1 which is unfit for "cosplaying" most F-1 variants, such as the French and early Irakien ones.

Adding the S-530F to the -M load out is probably already fantasy, at the time of the upgrade the missile was already quite obsolet and the F-1's primary role was no longer interception of ennemy planes.

Adding it to the -CE and -EE would however ease such " cosplay" and widely expand the use of the modules, and increase the customer base, because, let's aknowledge it : this is what most potential customers want from a Mirage F-1 module on DCS.

Edited by Vilab

In the interview correct me if I am wrong, but I am almost certain that I heard them say that the matra durandal will be on the mirage F1 we see in game. None of the version that Aerges are making actually used this weapons so why cant we see the super 530F on earlier versions besides the M? 

8 minutes ago, Vilab said:

Adding it to the -CE and -EE would however ease such " cosplay"

Hi, not a native english speaker ... looked up cosplay on a dictionary and couldn’t understand its meaning on a DCS context ... can you please clarify?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi, not a native english speaker ... looked up cosplay on a dictionary and couldn’t understand its meaning on a DCS context ... can you please clarify?

They probably meant "standing in for variants operated by other countries".

• Like 1

He means "fictionary" weapon, as not really used for those variants or countries that operated those versions, but maybe employed on similar variants of other countries...

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

1 minute ago, falcon_120 said:

He means "fictionary" weapon, as not really used for those variants or countries that operated those versions, but maybe employed on similar variants of other countries...

OK, thanks a lot for the clarification, I get the meaning now. 

After what happened with the Sea Eagle missile, which was fitted to the C-101CC of Aviodev in spite that it was never actually used by the aircraft, I now prefer to stand on the side of realism and use only the weapons that the pilot of the real aircraft would have at its disposal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

After what happened with the Sea Eagle missile, which was fitted to the C-101CC of Aviodev in spite that it was never actually used by the aircraft, I now prefer to stand on the side of realism and use only the weapons that the pilot of the real aircraft would have at its disposal.

The load out restrictor solves a lot of realism issues because individual server owners/operators can decide what weapons they will decide to allow on specific planes.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

well thanks to mission editor you can now disable weapons you do not want to use, so that leaves both parties happy. we can have the "Theoretically possible" loadouts for people who want to pretend they are in a C-200, and of course also have the historical loadouts for those who only want to use what the Spanish had.