Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

In addition to the originally planned CE, EE, BE, and M, six variations will be included if CT and CR, which were confirmed in the video, are included. This is clearly unheard of, and I don't think it will fit into one DLC.

Furthermore, Iraqi aircraft can also be seen in the video. I'm sure it's just skins, but it's hard to predict.

• Like 1

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

1 hour ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

In addition to the originally planned CE, EE, BE, and M, six variations will be included if CT and CR, which were confirmed in the video, are included. This is clearly unheard of, and I don't think it will fit into one DLC.

Furthermore, Iraqi aircraft can also be seen in the video. I'm sure it's just skins, but it's hard to predict.

We only saw external 3D models. That is cheap to do.
Specific cockpit and weapon systems is another thing to do, it's especially hard to get all the needed documentation.
I'm not worried about Spanish variants, we'll see if they can pull something out for the others...

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I don't think they would be announcing new variants at this point. Mind you they still have to make the EE BE and the M versions. It is probably just the French skin for the Mirage F1. Because it would be incredibly easy for people to argue that we would be getting an EQ-5 version because we saw a mirage in a Iraqi skin with a refueling probe. Same with the Morrocan F1 we also saw in the teaser.    

21 minutes ago, potatoman530 said:

I don't think they would be announcing new variants at this point. Mind you they still have to make the EE BE and the M versions. It is probably just the French skin for the Mirage F1. Because it would be incredibly easy for people to argue that we would be getting an EQ-5 version because we saw a mirage in a Iraqi skin with a refueling probe. Same with the Morrocan F1 we also saw in the teaser.    

Just take a look at the 3D models. Crystal clear they are CR and CT on the nose of both F1s. This means a full F1CT/CR modelled or just exterior 3D mesh?

I dont know, but that is not only skins on top of a C. Those are a laser range finder and a recon camera on the nose.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

13 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Just take a look at the 3D models. Crystal clear they are CR and CT on the nose of both F1s. This means a full F1CT/CR modelled or just exterior 3D mesh?

I dont know, but that is not only skins on top of a C. Those are a laser range finder and a recon camera on the nose.

No one will really know until Aerges clarifies it.  But it would be an odd decision to tease these variants and not follow through on it knowing how much people are following this project.

• Like 1

That teaser was fantastic, I'm so ready to fly this beautiful machine.

• Like 3

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

2 hours ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

The CT does have one.

I'm wondering if that could be used for dropping LGBs.  It would seem difficult since the rangefinder is only forward facing.  It's probably used more like how the SU-25 uses it.  For actual range finding, not spotting (talking about guns / bombs / rockets not missiles).  Anyway, this is all speculation right now.

Is the air-refuel tube removable or is it a fixed feature of a specific variant? In the vid it seems that some has it and some don’t, but I can’t tell the difference between the variants (I think it ruins the looks of the plane, it is much prettier without it).

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

According to Wikipedia (EN and FR):

• The F1 C initially didn't have an AAR probe.
  • A new variant, the F1 C-200 came with a fixed AAR probe as a new standard.
  • Subsequently, the F1 EQ (Iraqi export version of the F1 C) was equiped with the same fixed probe.
  • The F1 A (export) had a rectractable AAR probe.
  • The F1 B (and thus the Spanish F1 BE and Iraqi F1 BQ variants) had a dummy AAR probe for training. Its base was a little different from a functional probe

In AERGES new trailer, we can see Iraqi F1s with what looks like a regular probe. I assume it's the -EE version portrayed as an -EQ version.

Edited by Flappie
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 hours ago, kontiuka said:

I'm wondering if that could be used for dropping LGBs.  It would seem difficult since the rangefinder is only forward facing.  It's probably used more like how the SU-25 uses it.  For actual range finding, not spotting (talking about guns / bombs / rockets not missiles).  Anyway, this is all speculation right now.

It's not a designator to my knowledge, only a laser rangefinder.

18 hours ago, spartan2078 said:

I think it s a CR, there s the windows on the sides.

On the other hand, one screenshot (this one) shows squared RWR antennae, which is indicative of the SHERLOC RWR, used on the CT version, and not the CR version (which uses BF - pointy antennae), the pod under the nose also doesn't look like its the right shape.

EDIT: It seems CRs were also updated with SHERLOC at some point, just found an image of 1 with the squared antenna.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.