Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

10 hours ago, wackomedic911 said:

100% I am glad they are taking their time! I am not touching the Eagle for at least a year, but that is another conversation.....
I just wish we had a bit more communication and clarity, but... 2 more weeks will do.

You will have to wait a bit longer than two more weeks, I am afraid.

5 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Publishing modules is also left to 3rd parties only up to a point. The MB-339 was submitted to ED back in November and it's still not out, it's up to ED only to decide when it does get released.

Right. And as some of us discussed a few weeks ago in this very same thread, there is neither any information on the progress of the Cyrano radar or the associated systems nor is there any confirmation that the Mirage F1 has already reached a state where it is ready for the internal testing stage by ED. SIlver_Dragon who always appears to have a little more insight into these matters was also unaware of the F1 being in any kind of testing by ED. Well, this is all pure speculation on my part, of course and I might be very wrong here but personally I would not expect the F1 to be released before the end of March´22 or even later maybe. Why? Because internal testing can be quite an involved process and will take several weeks if not months. And quite frankly we actually have not seen that much stuff working avionics-wise apart from a look at an apparently working start-up procedure, slats and flaps mechanics and tons of external and internal views of an amazingly beautiful aircraft model. AERGES seems to have decided to be completely radio silent until the very last phase of the F1. Is this a good communication strategy? Not in my book. And certainly not when you tell people the module is available soon and yet there is nothing to show or any publicly known roadmap. But that´s only my 2 cents. And please do not get me wrong here. I really want the F1 to be in my hangar a.s.ap. just like all of you guys.

Edited by Tango3B
  • Like 5

The only bit of criticism that may be warranted is the coming soon. That was probably not the best thing to say unless they already have a release window from ED after testing. I remember last spring I was think it would be put in July of 21. Oh well. I can wait patiently for its eventual release. I’m still very excited for this plane. Take your time Aerges. I’d rather a quality release than a quick one. 

• Like 6

World Airpower Journal were great magazines. There was also a video equivalent of sorts that came out on VHS back in the 80's, or late 90's. Those were good shows but I don't know what they were called or even if you can find them today.

Eagerly awaiting the Mirage F1........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, potatoman530 said:

Well with the Phantom announcement and hopefully this year I think phantom vs Mirage F1 on enigmas cold war server will be a very good dual I am looking forward to both modules as cold war modules are not very prevalent in DCS.

Lets hope Aerges includes us some jammers, there was a report on the EW in the Iran-Iraq war that stated F1's flying with jammers were able to break locks from Iranian F4E's after 3 seconds.

• Like 2

RKK01, I agree with you.  When I saw the video footage of the F-1, I said, "Wow!  I want it."  And then reality sets in.  We have to wait patiently or impatiently, which depends upon one's eagerness to wait.  When the F-1 is finally available, I plan on loading at least one Exocet missile to sink some ships.

I bet ED will likely see offering the F-1 when the Apache is available.  This is my opinion.

MFT

Edited by Mike Force Team
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

That pre-Christmas vid set the expectation levels alight 

Some more snippets of news or some more video footage would help with the gloomy days of winter😉

33 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

RKK01, I agree with you.  When I saw the video footage of the F-1, I said, "Wow!  I want it."  And then reality sets in.  We have to wait patiently or impatiently, which depends upon one's eagerness to wait.  When the F-1 is finally available, I plan on loading at least one Exocet missile to sink some ships.

I bet ED will likely see offering the F-1 when the Apache is available.  This is my opinion.

MFT

This is how AvioDev / Aerges has always handled status updates.  They'll drop big, impressive ones maybe two, three times a year instead of steady drips like say RAZBAM.

12 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

C-101 was released February 2019 one of the trailers was released December 16th 2018 

Nice, C101 was released in 2019 but I have it since 2015, I guess mine is a ghost or something 😅.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

30 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

Ah... SOOOO... in the interests of actual history, does anyone know if during the 1980's Iraq-Iran War... did any Iranian Phantoms tangle Air to Air with Iraqi Mirages ???

Yes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iraqi_aerial_victories_during_the_Iran–Iraq_war there are at least two confirmed F-4E kills by F1s. The corresponding page for the Iranian side lists almost exclusively Tomcat victories but also report several Phantom pilots with multiple kills, and it's not impossible that some of those may be Mirages.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick50 said:

Ah... SOOOO... in the interests of actual history, does anyone know if during the 1980's Iraq-Iran War... did any Iranian Phantoms tangle Air to Air with Iraqi Mirages ???

I actually have a book by Miguel Garcia called Iraqi Mirages in combat it is about the history of the Mirage F1 in Iraqi service and yes they did fight phantoms actually have a list of all the kills so here we go. December 2nd 1982 2 F-4Es were downed by a Mirage F1 using the Super-530F, Jan 27th 1982 Rf-4E was shot down by a Mirage F1 using a super-530F, May 2nd 1982 F-4E was downed my a Mirage F1 using the Super530F, May 6th a F-4E was shot down by a Mirage F1 using a Super 530F, 16th July 1982 a F-4 was shot down with a Super-530F, Jan 27th 1983 a Rf-4e was shot down with a super-530F, 21st of July 1983 a F-4E was shot down with a super-530F, December 29th 1984 a F-4 phantom was shot down with a Super-530F, on the 24th of April a phantom was lost to a Mirage with the R.550 Magic 1, On July 19th another phantom was lost to a R.550 magic 1 from a Mirage. According to the book no Mirage F1s died to F-4 phantoms this was likely due to their good ECM according to the testimony of an Iranian phantom pilot they were unable to maintain lock on a Mirage for more then 3 seconds before the lock was broken.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rick50 said:

If they did, they likely got giraffed, and the iranians claimed it as bird strike. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 2/1/2022 at 10:19 PM, Mike Force Team said:

When the F-1 is finally available, I plan on loading at least one Exocet missile to sink some ships.

That sounds like some fun to do, but do we have an official loadout list yet? I didn't follow this bird that much but i remember all we had last year was some wiki guessing but no official word what armament we will get in DCS.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings