Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

4 hours ago, addman said:

Looks like Iraqi Air Force, the green triangle:Miragef1Iraqui.jpg

What a marvelous collection of mustaches!  Was it a requirement in the Iraqi Airforce?

• Like 3

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

🤩

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

So at 5:15, 'the IFF panel is not simulated and can be ignored', what does this mean? So it does have IFF but not modelled in the game, or does the plane use a simplified IFF that does not require this panel? Or is it something else alltogether?

I thought from other posts its not supposed to have IFF at all?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

Will be an english labeled cockpit be released also?

🤔 You kidding, right? I guess the cockpit in the upwards video is labelled in mandarine Chinese or something 🤣.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

9 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

🤔 You kidding, right? I guess the cockpit in the upwards video is labelled in mandarine Chinese or something 🤣.

Actually it's spanish you know....

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

10 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Actually it's spanish you know....

Actually, no, it's not 😅 , but there're mixed labels, French, English, pseudo-Spanish, right. I guess it's what the cockpit was, so perfectly realistic 🤣 .

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

No i am not kidding,  i asked for an optional  english cockpit not a replacement of the default one . Yes the module is an F1CE but, you know , there will be  several skins be released besides the spanish one (with the spanish cockpit = also not realistic), with different weapon configuration that the spanish one didn't used etc etc. And ofc there are several F1C versions that  had exclusive english labeled cockpits (not the mix we can see in the video). And, last, Aerges have said  that they would think about it, so perhaps it's time to pass more information.  Anyway, it's not a big deal, pretty sure there will be some community mods be made in regard to that. 

Edited by jaguara5
  • Like 1

Looks great.  Can't be far away now I'd think?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Just now, addman said:

"Not far away" is a relative term in DCS, so I would guess it isn't relatively "far away". 😁

Two weeks. 🤣

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

8 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

No i am not kidding,  i asked for an optional  english cockpit not a replacement of the default one . Yes the module is an F1CE but, you know , there will be  several skins be released besides the spanish one (with the spanish cockpit = also not realistic), with different weapon configuration that the spanish one didn't used etc etc. And ofc there are several F1C versions that  had exclusive english labeled cockpits (not the mix we can see in the video). And, last, Aerges have said  that they would think about it, so perhaps it's time to pass more information.  Anyway, it's not a big deal, pretty sure there will be some community mods be made in regard to that.

I know, I know, and I'm sure if not day one an English labelled cockpit will be available at some point. I just don't see those labels in the start up video to be so wildly strange or weird you couldn't understand or use the thing even as we are seeing it right now in that video. It's not like you're trying to fly a Klingon ship or something, it's still basic French, some English, not a lot of Spanish, but regular aviation slang we all know 😉 .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

It's not like you're trying to fly a Klingon ship or something, it's still basic French, some English, not a lot of Spanish, but regular aviation slang we all know 😉 .

Haha a Klingon Bird-of-prey mod for DCS would be hilarious 🤔 🤣

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 3/18/2022 at 8:54 AM, jaguara5 said:

Could the documentation of the module ( preliminary manual /early access guide /checklist or whatever else   is ready) be released in advance ? (like the apache manual) . 

I asked that too and there was no response. Redkite video mentions the training missions, I guess they will piggy back on chuck for a manual 

On 3/12/2022 at 3:12 PM, Bozon said:

What a marvelous collection of mustaches!  Was it a requirement in the Iraqi Airforce?

So that's what it looks like, when you fuse "Borat" and "Top Gun" into one movie. The result might even be better than "Hot Shots". 😄

• Like 3