Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

On 3/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, Maxthrust said:

I guess they will piggy back on chuck for a manual 

I don't think that's likely. I assume Aerges will have their own documentation ready. 

Aerges has not contacted me for help, so they probably don't need it. Regardless, I'd still love to make a guide for the Mirage F1.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

Regardless, I'd still love to make a guide for the Mirage F1.

I wish Aerges had the foresight of giving you access to a pre-release version, like they have done with RedKite, so that you could begin the Guide preparation earlier …

to me, it’s an obvious move, as a Guide of yours undoubtedly would bring greater awareness towards this upcoming Module. 😇

• Like 9

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Oh man, I want F1 so much!

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

On the latest Redkite video, two other pieces of information :

- there is a guide: you can see an extract on this second video at 5min07s

- as you might expect, Redkite announces a series of tutorials (including relighting the engine in flight)

image.png

• Like 2

I would imagine that if we get a tutorial considering the radar, then we can surmise that the module release is imminent. As long as no video covers that we can safely assume that the radar is not functioning properly yet and will thus hold the release.

This is my guesstimate anyways

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

4 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

Do we know for sure how the monetization and the module package will work? I've heard many rumors as to what will be included into one product and what will require a separate purchase but I haven't seen any substantiated claims regarding this topic.

People like to talk and make a mess, but no rumours at all, from what Aerges said it's a whole package including F1CE, EE, BE and M, it's like the Tomcat (or Phantom eventually) with several versions in the same module. In this case will be released in that order hence that's why CE is first as you saw in the two tutorials already aired.

We don't know price tag yet but they haven't ever mention anything about selling single models at different prices or the like, that was only people talking here, nor we know of further versions though devs said it could be possible should they find the correct information, but any other gossip out there we know nothing and it's only guesswork from people.

• Like 6

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

We would really like to make sure our server is ready for this module when it is ready. If we can get any more visibility on the weapon and radar specifications then we can balance it appropriately. I personally don't care about special information early for my own sake, things don't exist until I can buy it on the ED store, just trying to make sure our server is ready for the server. Feel free to PM me.

Edited by Enigma89
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

On 3/26/2022 at 8:51 AM, Fromthedeep said:

Do we know for sure how the monetization and the module package will work? I've heard many rumors as to what will be included into one product and what will require a separate purchase but I haven't seen any substantiated claims regarding this topic.

That information is ridiculous. The four models (CE, EE, BE and M are included in one MODULE purchase like the F-14 (B, A, and "Persian" variants) ). As for teh price every modern jet has a price tag of 69.99 usd. The only exception I saw was the Mig 19 wich was slightly lower... The Mirage F1 is four variants in one module, so I believe it warrants the 69.99 price tag if not the 79.99 of the tomcat fo instance. But There is NOTHING oficial on price. and It might be up to ED to set the price, not even Aerges.

I just wish ED would give the green light already.....

• Like 4

@Baco I read your frustration.  I, too, would like to fly the Mirage F-1.  Aside from expressing our desires in the forum for the F-1, all we can do is wait in the meantime.  We obviously want to experience the instant gratification with our new jets.  I theorize that the F-1 might be available around the same time the South Atlantic Map is available.  Eventually, we will enjoy flying the Mirage F-1 at some time in the future. 

MFT

• Like 2

Many versions of Mirage F1, two F-4E versions, MiG-23MLA, AJS 37, MiG-21Bis, F-5E, F-8J, A-7E, A-6E, G.91, hopefully MiG-17F and Su-17M3, EE Lightning, Mirage III, A-4E... DCS is becoming quite the fixed wing dream land for me, not to mention already great helo wonderland!

Then there's the Corsair and a potential La-7 in addition to existing excellent warbirds. So many aircraft to look forward to! 🙂

• Like 9

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

13 minutes ago, Cab said:

Patch Tomorrow. Maybe that will be The Day.

Was going to post the same…

The start up and take off / landing tutorials all scream “soooon…!”

(it’s also pay day this week 😉)

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Cab said:

Patch Tomorrow. Maybe that will be The Day.

I asked BN yesterday if we are getting the F1 today, and got a resounding NO.
He says the patch is mostly bug fixes. Mid April would be my guess for the next feature patch, so the F1.

• Like 2