Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

3 hours ago, wackomedic911 said:

I asked BN yesterday if we are getting the F1 today, and got a resounding NO.
He says the patch is mostly bug fixes. Mid April would be my guess for the next feature patch, so the F1.

Thanks.

I guess ☹️

3 minutes ago, Magoote said:

Hi, update: Planned 8th April 2022 . will we have the pleasure of today being the big day?

The update is for the stable version.

I doubt, that anything comes in stable that wasn't in beta before.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, M F1 said:

Please turkeydriver,

tell us more about what you know about the WIP of this radar  🙂

Nothing really.   There was a comment somewhere that stated something about the radar display being worked on.   The fact they said display to me meant the radar was most likely functional codewise but the display was tough to get right.  What else needs to be available on the F1CE prior to release?  

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

4 hours ago, turkeydriver said:

Nothing really.   There was a comment somewhere that stated something about the radar display being worked on.   The fact they said display to me meant the radar was most likely functional codewise but the display was tough to get right.  What else needs to be available on the F1CE prior to release?  

Yeah basically that...although I feel they should have maybe spent a bit more time focusing on the radar instead of leaving the likely most complicated part last...I mean maybe I'm wrong and they've been developing it the whole time but we've seen nothing of the radar, except for the powered down scope in the cockpit no screen shots, no acm modes, for when they used the gun....

I mean at this point they should at least have put up a screenshot of the radar scope turned on and active...even if it ends up looking a bit different in final implementation.

Edited by CrazyGman

4 hours ago, turkeydriver said:

Desktop_Screenshot_2022.03.16_-_16.18.08

Posted on March 16, a little over 3 weeks old.

So messy those French instruments compared to other quite straightforward western instruments, but I guess that's part of the charm.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

28 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

So messy those French instruments compared to other quite straightforward western instruments, but I guess that's part of the charm.

Weird, but for my brain they seem to connect easier, seems more intuitive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I really hope we get a english cockpit on release!
BUT DAMN SHE IS LOOKING FFFFFIIINNEEEEE!
Cant wait for this birdy.
Also,
This is one beautiful read!!!

On 4/10/2022 at 9:14 PM, Bremspropeller said:

If you don't feel the hype yet, read this:

Vlamgat | Dick Lord | Military Aviation

1 hour ago, Nodak said:

Weird, but for my brain they seem to connect easier, seems more intuitive.

Hehe, no, they aren't. Spanish air force pilots always had to choose a path, French aircraft or American aircraft and you couldn't change from that once selected because of the French "idiosyncrasies", so different and messy they were. Pilots always said if you had to push one single button for something on any regular aircraft, you had to push two o three to do the same on a French one just for the sake of it 😅 . Not so intuitive, no. But I hope to learn it easier being a simulator.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

This thing calculates a course and distance to any point within a TACAN's range, with just a push of a few buttons!

Pretty neat I would say, would come handy locating targets with known position as if you had an INS on board.

I don't think T/R mode would give away your position in DCS either, just perfect!

• Like 2