Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

11 hours ago, Egri_komrade said:

Any news on this beautiful plane?

I think we must wait a little. What we know the model is needing extra work still (for example radar) so it will be when its ready 😉. Personally I dont expect it now, I think it will be released in this summer (july to September) but Im guessing only. Better not to rush them, let them polish what they can :bye_2:.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If only Aerges was better at communicating what's going on. There are people willing to throw money in their face right now, but they chose to not keep us posted about the progress.

I'd personally rather have the airplane now and have issues fixed later - especially if it's *just* the alleged radar-presentation - rather than shooting for perfectionalism.

It's understandable they don't want to prematurely throw out dates thaey can't make, but some form of expectation-management would be better than silence.

• Like 5

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

Yep, even if it were ready for release, which I don't know but apparently it's not yet, ED's usual policy is to leave releases out of sales periods as well as not overlapping releases by too short intervals. A bit of eager awaiting is not that bad if they better like to have a more confident release rather than a slopy one to be fixed later. Any of the third parties, or ED for the matter, seem to have a clearly conformed communication policy, but anyhow you can ask a hundred forum users for what they would like on the matter and you would get a hundred different opinions, so I can't blame any of them for trying their own way. Apparently, no matter how you handle that some people are going to complain anyway, ones for one thing the others for quite the opposite, so… 😅

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

19 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

If only Aerges was better at communicating what's going on. There are people willing to throw money in their face right now, but they chose to not keep us posted about the progress.

I'd personally rather have the airplane now and have issues fixed later - especially if it's *just* the alleged radar-presentation - rather than shooting for perfectionalism.

It's understandable they don't want to prematurely throw out dates thaey can't make, but some form of expectation-management would be better than silence.

They have NDA about release, tests and price (perhaps) so dont expect details about it, however about progress fo devellopingo no, so it will be pleaser to know something more about how is going. About radar - personally I cant image empty tube with placeholder only, so no, for me it must be (working) at the release date. Remember too that its the first Aerges module. I think that for ambition reasons it would be wrong to publish a defective or unfinished model. There will be more complaints than benefits which is important for the future Aerges (do yu remember module of Hawk? LOL) and for good PR. :thumbup: The second example is that ED recived MB.339 of IndiaFoxtEcho in the December'21 for testing (as I know), till now no this module in the store (perhaps this month) so you can see how long this process takes and F1 is a more advanced module (radar, more weapons, A2A also). Wait for Autumn'22 - if it's faster - Great (!), but I agree that it would be nice to have their report on what's up every two weeks. :bye_2:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well, it's their "first module" only under that name, they're mostly Aviodev and C101 was a great learning module for them, I believe. Probably that experience is what makes them being cautious which I can't blame them for.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Just now, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Well, it's their "first module" only under that name, they're mostly Aviodev and C101 was a great learning module for them, I believe. Probably that experience is what makes them being cautious which I can't blame them for.

Right, part of the Team.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

In the south Atlantic map, there are plenty of hangars available for the Mirage F-1.  Besides, the virtual ground crews are bored because they have nothing to do. The personnel don't want to cut the virtual grass or sweep virtual hangars. And yes, everyone has shared their life stories with their peers. 

• Like 1

I am more pumped about this aircraft than I am about the F-4 and the F-15E. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to get all three, but I will be opening my wallet faster for the Mirage F-1.

Edited by Krez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Krez said:

I am more pumped about this aircraft than I am about the F-4 and the F-15E. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to get all three, but I will be opening my wallet faster for the Mirage F-1.

F1 will be the first :).

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

44 minutes ago, YoYo said:

F1 will be the first :).

Well at the very least we have already seen the F1 while the Phantom is still behind closed curtains. The race between the F1 and the F-15E will be a lot closer. Still we have been surprised before.

3 hours ago, Lieuie said:

Well at the very least we have already seen the F1 while the Phantom is still behind closed curtains. The race between the F1 and the F-15E will be a lot closer. Still we have been surprised before.

Ive watched the F-15E vids- I watched it maneuver without a whole lot of flight control deflection- there's still a ton of work.  I know its close, but Its a Christmas release at best.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

4 hours ago, Lieuie said:

No. F1 is closer much more - it means this summer, probably July-September, where F-15E in the best option late Winter or 1Q 2023.

unknown.png

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

The "systems" modelled shown in the videos weren't those of a close to be released module for sure, but usual hype did the rest I guess. Makes sense it's still quite WIP while F1 is fine tuning systems already there, mostly.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

4 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

The "systems" modelled shown in the videos weren't those of a close to be released module for sure, but usual hype did the rest I guess. Makes sense it's still quite WIP while F1 is fine tuning systems already there, mostly.

Not to mention, the F1 doesn't have that many systems.

16 minutes ago, Baco said:

Oh I am not interested in the 15 at all

I’m not very interested on it either, from Razbam I’d actually prefer the Mig-23 instead, but I will purchase the 15E once it is released as I just love learning new aircrafts, even if it is not one of my favorites 🙂

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I’m not very interested on it either, from Razbam I’d actually prefer the Mig-23 instead, but I will purchase the 15E once it is released as I just love learning new aircrafts, even if it is not one of my favorites 🙂

Oh I agree from Razbam I am waiting for the Pucará, the A 29, the Mig 23, hopefully the Mirage III... I don´t think I will ever get the 15, I have the 16 and the 18, systems wise must be very similar to both of the other teens... I also Want the G.91, A-7, F-8, F-4, I love the "early days of modern air warfare", 60s, 70s...

• Like 4