Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

Curiously I read somewhere about the exocet, despite not being in SAF service, could be used in later models F1s, I believe it was M version that they mentioned which would make sense though I wouldn't really know if that's a thing at all since it wasn't a weapon ever used in Spain or Spanish forces at all so it probably was some kind of misunderstanding, but who knows. When we get M model at least we'll see what Aerges come up with, I guess.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

22 hours ago, chichowalker said:

Former SAF Mirage F1M pilot here.
We didn't have Exocet in our inventory, nor in the avionics.

Enviado desde mi SM-G981B mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Chicho!! That was my suspicion, but since this is a simulation and users usually claim for more options no matter how far fetched they are I wouldn't be surprised if Aerges finally decides to make it available for whatever the version they think of. If I'm not mistaken we've already seen (yesterday, or the day before I think) a video where a CE fires a R530F missilewhich apparently shouldn't be able to, so…

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Thanks Chicho!! That was my suspicion, but since this is a simulation and users usually claim for more options no matter how far fetched they are I wouldn't be surprised if Aerges finally decides to make it available for whatever the version they think of. If I'm not mistaken we've already seen (yesterday, or the day before I think) a video where a CE fires a R530F missiles which apparently shouldn't be able to, so…
Of course. I'm talking about real life. Like you, I don't know what Aerges is planning for M model.

Enviado desde mi SM-G981B mediante Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• Like 8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

we should be able to....
241805698_374307664357206_19760299683647
0124-03-2-6.jpg

if we cant, thats rather odd

Is this CE?

Those wing missile launchers looks different IRL than in game. Then again, it's WIP, so it's understandable.

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

6 minutes ago, killkenny1 said:

Is this CE?

Those wing missile launchers looks different IRL than in game. Then again, it's WIP, so it's understandable.

it has a BF RWR antenna, not ALR-300. and all F1M and EE pictures we have seen have a fuel probe (I think)
and theres this BE which is certainly not an M. the missiles are obviously placeholders as its and old picture. also the IRL picture is a CE 100%.
unknown.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

If this video is any indication, there are no heaters on stations 2 and 6 on any of the spanish versions (which caught me by surprise as well). Hopefully this will be introduced later in EA?

Former CE and EE models are split for the M as it seems.

Looks like the 4 missile thing was a test configuration per Aerges. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Hopefully this will be introduced later in EA?

I doubt it, the weapon selector panel, described on the flight manual, only allows to select IR missiles from the wingtips. Also, I’ve never seen a photo of a real F1 with missiles on those stations.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 minutes ago, Giskvoosk said:

Seriously, please make the removal of radar glare shield a client option, rather than a mission maker's option. 🙏

I believe Red Kite said it could be taken off by ground crew.  And that it was off at night by default.

Edited by kontiuka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

I believe Red Kite said it could be taken off by ground crew.  And that it was off at night by default.

that will make a better alternative👍 although this part wasn't mentioned in Spud's latest video.

Will have to rewind Redkite's tutorial once more before the release.

3 minutes ago, Giskvoosk said:

that will make a better alternative👍 although this part wasn't mentioned in Spud's latest video.

I think it was mentioned in a comment, not in video.  He told me directly that it was off at night by default.

1 hour ago, Giskvoosk said:

ok. I found the exact comment which was more ambiguous than I thought.  Quoting RedKite ...

"You can place or remove it before startup, a sun shade's not so useful at night"

Hopefully, that means by using ground crew.

5 hours ago, kontiuka said:

ok. I found the exact comment which was more ambiguous than I thought.  Quoting RedKite ...

"You can place or remove it before startup, a sun shade's not so useful at night"

Hopefully, that means by using ground crew.

Either way i guess it wont be long before we can find out

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I doubt it, the weapon selector panel, described on the flight manual, only allows to select IR missiles from the wingtips. Also, I’ve never seen a photo of a real F1 with missiles on those stations.

That's not what the manual states. It states "outboard missiles", not "tip missiles".

I have seen several F1s in that configuration. Also, a picture of that configuration has even been posted just a few posts up in this thread.

ΣΑΝ ΣΗΜΕΡΑ - 23 Δεκεμβρίου 1966: Η πρώτη πτήση του Mirage F1 - Πτήση ...

The Equadorians with the F1JA even have the option of putting Pythons on the outboard wing-stations:

Mirage F1JA (30 Años 1979-2009 Ecuadorian Air Force)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!