Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

I don’t get it .. why have a cold war interceptor and then outfit it with modern tech?

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I don’t get it .. why have a cold war interceptor and then outfit it with modern tech?

yeah why upgrading a cold war fighter like the F-16 or F-15 and fit it with modern tech? 😛

on a more serious note:

-if the base fighter is good or good enough why not? could also be a cost factor. i think it costs less to upgrade a existing fighter force. (keep in mind: new fighter, new infrastructure and training of the whole tech personel & Pilots)

10 minutes ago, 1stBEAST said:

yeah why upgrading a cold war fighter like the F-16 or F-15

the F-16C can hardly be called a cold war fighter, entering service just as the cold war ended. I know the F-16 is great, but comparing it with a seventies fighter is kind of odd.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

the F-16C can hardly be called a cold war fighter, entering service just as the cold war ended. I know the F-16 is great, but comparing it with a seventies fighter is kind of odd.

the F-16C entered service in the mid 80s cold war was still going at this point and i did not mention the C i mentioned the F-16 in general.

i could also have used the A-4 or F-4 instead of the F-16 or F-15

27 minutes ago, 1stBEAST said:

the F-16C entered service in the mid 80s cold war was still going at this point and i did not mention the C i mentioned the F-16 in general.

Ok, I was thinking of the F-16 we have at DCS, the F-16C Block 50 rolled out the factory on October 1991 ... but that's ok, it's not worth to keep debating this. Best regards.

5 minutes ago, Cab said:

Do you mean in game, or in real life?

Of course I mean in DCS .. if my thing is helmet sights I would then purchase an F-16 or Hornet .. to me a cold war fighter has no computer screens, a primitive hud and radar, and no INS/GPS navigation, and the F1 appeals to me just because I want to experience aircrafts of that era.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Ok, I was thinking of the F-16 we have at DCS, the F-16C Block 50 rolled out the factory on October 1991 ... but that's ok, it's not worth to keep debating this. Best regards.

yeah, but i get your point. as i saied it is probably a cost factor in reallife that older jets are upgraded.

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Of course I mean in DCS .. if my thing is helmet sights I would then purchase an F-16 or Hornet .. to me a cold war fighter has no computer screens, a primitive hud and radar, and no INS/GPS navigation, and the F1 appeals to me just because I want to experience aircrafts of that era.

That's what I thought you meant, but sometimes things get confused in the threads.

For what it's worth, I agree. 

hace 13 minutos, Rudel_chw dijo:

I agree with Rudel. I think that's the point.

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

13 minutes ago, Nahen said:

And F-15C?? This is full ColdWar module...

I see no point in comparing FC3 modules with Full Fidelity ones.

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Better not touch the F1M then.

And be glad Aerges wasn't going to make the moroccan F1 MF2000 with the RDY radar,  MICAs and more fancy modern stuff. 😎

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

34 minutes ago, Cab said:

For what it's worth, I agree. 

Yes .. on a related note, I found it funny to see Spudknocker using the cheat map to navigate the F1 .. seems he really doesn't like tacan/vor navigation 😃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes .. on a related note, I found it funny to see Spudknocker using the cheat map to navigate the F1 .. seems he really doesn't like tacan/vor navigation 😃

Kids! Whatta you gonna do? :no_sad:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vibora said:

Exactly. That configuration was available in Greek F1CG.

Are there plans to at least country-tie that loadout option to Greece? It's not that far of a stretch and since Paphos is on the Syria map, it would work out.

Yes, I know greek F1s were actually based in Tanagra.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

Are there plans to at least country-tie that loadout option to Greece? It's not that far of a stretch and since Paphos is on the Syria map, it would work out.

Yes, I know greek F1s were actually based in Tanagra.

That sounds like a core game feature.

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

That video was so full of fail and errors... The F1 shot down mig23s in angola.... Um, nooo, It got shot down BY mig23's... It did get some mig21 kills tho. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

3 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Um, nooo, It got shot down BY mig23's... It did get some mig21 kills tho. 

Two MiG-21 kills and none was shot down by Floggers. One F1CZ was hit by a Flogger and overran the runway during landing. The Floggers in turn got lucky as one or two Magic 1s fused too far away.

Hardly a cut and dry "kill" or "loss" on either side.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

As seen in this video of growling sidewinder, he's using a fictionnal skin of the F1CR, french squadron 2/33 savoie with a french flag on the shoulder of the pilot, but the helmet is white and not grey. All the helmets are white or there are different helmet colors ?