Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

54 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

That FPS though...

EDIT: see it got better further down the video.

Edited by killkenny1
  • Like 1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Two MiG-21 kills and none was shot down by Floggers. One F1CZ was hit by a Flogger and overran the runway during landing. The Floggers in turn got lucky as one or two Magic 1s fused too far away.

Hardly a cut and dry "kill" or "loss" on either side.

I mean the Mirage was still a write off. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

unknown.png292383279_562635722191065_6172736942072125757_n.jpg292284665_562630988858205_4229369115875192688_n.jpg

• Like 2

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

2nd attempt from Spud 🙂

Edit: Well, this second video from Spud is much better and really useful for learning the Cyrano Radar ... very worthwhile 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

18 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

2nd attempt from Spud 🙂

Edit: Well, this second video from Spud is much better and really useful for learning the Cyrano Radar ... very worthwhile 👍

So it begins, the rush to release training missions for a DCS module.

I expect GR to release an entire series of training vids 20 minutes after module release :D.

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

9 minutes ago, killkenny1 said:

So it begins, the rush to release training missions for a DCS module.

I don't mind, as long as they are useful ... and the radar is undoubtedly one of the most complex aspects of the F1

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I don't mind, as long as they are useful ... and the radar is undoubtedly one of the most complex aspects of the F1

The fact that the clutter seems to be a static "texture" doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies about the fidelity of radar modeling in the F1... 

• Like 4

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Was the F1M ever able to carry a laser desginator pod?

I know they carried a Elint pod, not sure If a designator pod was there as well.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

12 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

The fact that the clutter seems to be a static "texture" doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies about the fidelity of radar modeling in the F1... 

It's pretty easy to see that it's not. Look at an individual point and you'll see that it's clearly not static.

Another Tutorial by Red Kite:

• Like 6

Didnt they write it off because they wanted to use the parts to repair a different F1 that was less damaged? hit by a manpad if I recall. IMO that seems like a more logical thing to do in a time of war, take 2 damaged jets and use the parts of the more damaged one to fix the less damaged one.

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Was the F1M ever able to carry a laser desginator pod?

I know they carried a Elint pod, not sure If a designator pod was there as well.

AFAIK no, they always relied on buddy lasing.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 hours ago, toilet2000 said:

It's pretty easy to see that it's not. Look at an individual point and you'll see that it's clearly not static.

I'm not talking about some sparkly "effect". I mean the clutter should be dynamic based on ownship altitude and what sort of terrain you are flying over. The texture hardly changes, watch a few vids its always mostly the same, yes the "sparkles" change but I doubt its anything beyond cosmetic. And honestly its fairly questionable how much actual clutter you should be seeing in HA mode at higher alt. I'd assume its overwhelmed by clutter at lower alt in the radar from the MLC and SLC. But again, haven't really seen that in the vids. IDK to me it looks like a FC3 radar with a sparkly texture added to it, which if that is the case is pretty disappointing. 

2 hours ago, Spirale said:

+1 Harlikwin

Best modeled radar today is the Mirage 2000 one: Thanks to the Dev and the help of AdA

Yup. Very true. I hope the F1 radar gets to that level at some point. 

Edited by Harlikwin

11 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

I'm not talking about some sparkly "effect". I mean the clutter should be dynamic based on ownship altitude and what sort of terrain you are flying over. The texture hardly changes, watch a few vids its always mostly the same, yes the "sparkles" change but I doubt its anything beyond cosmetic. And honestly its fairly questionable how much actual clutter you should be seeing in HA mode at higher alt. I'd assume its overwhelmed by clutter at lower alt in the radar from the MLC and SLC. But again, haven't really seen that in the vids. IDK to me it looks like a FC3 radar with a sparkly texture added to it, which if that is the case is pretty disappointing.

You realize this isn’t a Doppler radar right? It’s an MTI radar and for sure there’s going to be clutter. The classic knowledge of MLC/SLC and the rest doesn’t apply the same to MTI radars.

Just now, toilet2000 said:

You realize this isn’t a Doppler radar right? It’s an MTI radar and for sure there’s going to be clutter. The classic knowledge of MLC/SLC and the rest doesn’t apply the same to MTI radars.

its only an MTI radar sometimes, its a Pulse radar all the rest of the time. MTI only activates on max gain and with a scan of 15 or 7nm

26 minutes ago, Dustband said:

Do you have a source for that? Or any ground of foundation?

Hows this? 

image.png

25 minutes ago, toilet2000 said:

All radars suffer from those 2 lobe clutters, it only matters how the processing deals with that. Since HA mode is basically a pulse mode with no filtering you should get a ton of clutter at low alt and when looking down. I forget which vid it was, maybe Spudknockers he turned the radar elevation down by a few degrees and no real change in the "clutter".  IIRC you are supposed to use the Low alt mode (MTI) below 6k feet I think. But thats not implemented yet. And at any rate if you point a pulse radar at the ground from ANY altitude you are gonna get a ton of MLC.

Speaking of MTI, here is a fun matlab program to help estimate how much ground clutter there should be and how well you can resolve moving targets. 

https://www.mathworks.com/help/radar/ug/generate-clutter-and-target-returns-for-mti-radar.html#GenerateClutterAndTargetReturnsForMTIRadarExample-1

And here is a decent on of how to simulate clutter effects.

https://www.mathworks.com/help/radar/ug/introduction-to-radar-scenario-clutter-simulation.html?searchHighlight=real&s_tid=doc_srchtitle

image.png

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1