Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

I would like to have a refueling pod as an option for MirageF1E. I know it's probably difficult to...

It's a more unrealistic loadout than Exocet or S.530F, but I think it's an option that won't significantly affect combat capabilities and still be a great help to allies. It should greatly increase the appeal of this module...

MIrageF1EQ-4_Refuelingpod.jpg

• Like 3

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

4 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I would like to have a refueling pod as an option for MirageF1E. I know it's probably difficult to...

It's a more unrealistic loadout than Exocet or S.530F, but I think it's an option that won't significantly affect combat capabilities and still be a great help to allies. It should greatly increase the appeal of this module...

We want to fly (and buy) the F-1.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:20 PM, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

That is true, but thankfully it's not really an issue anymore, since mission-builders do have the option of blocking loadouts.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

53 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

That is true, but thankfully it's not really an issue anymore, since mission-builders do have the option of blocking loadouts.

I think the ED did a really good job in this regard. 

Now we just have to hope that they are ready to add player-controlled support systems such as refueling pods. The battlefield in the sky is not just about fighters, attack planes, and bombers. There will probably be people who want to fly aircraft that can provide support.

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU
  • Like 2

Phantom Forever

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I hope to have this awesome Mirage F1 module released by next spring. Before I join the Air Force in my home country...

Is the air-to-ground armament that will be included in MirageF1CE unguided only?

Nearest spring? I was thinking it will be released near Nov/Dec this year ;). Im right? Any idea about release date?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Nearest spring? I was thinking it will be released near Nov/Dec this year ;). Im right? Any idea about release date?

I mean no firm dates have been set. They were shooting for a Q2 release this year, but well we are in Q4 at this point sooo.

But as you can see from the airshow it looks like alot is already done, what we haven't seen are things like radar/weapons stuff aside from the gun mode shown. And I'm gonna guess that the Cyrano is taking them alot of time to do right. Plus having to add a new weapon (530 and 530F and the 550) is probably not trivial either.  

That all being said I'd love to see the F1 in the next month or so, but unless all the stuff I mentioned is already done and working well I kinda doubt it at this point, so I'm recalibrating my expectations for Q1/Q2 next year.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

32 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

I'd love to see the F1 in the next month or so

Me too .. in fact, I've not purchased the Apache yet, just in case the F-1 surprises us all and gets released before christmas 😇

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

Me too .. in fact, I've not purchased the Apache yet, just in case the F-1 surprises us all and gets released before christmas 😇

I'm not optimistic since we haven't seen radar or weapons modes yet. I bet the cyrano is gonna be hard to code based on that manual that was posted here. But it will come when it comes and I will buy it when it does. No point in worrying too much about it. 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Do we know which versions will be released in which order?

Releasing the BE first would be awesome, as it would be the first trainer version of a fighter in the game, coming with all the major bells and whistles (minus the guns and a little bit of fuel).

I just flew the C-101 yesterday with a friend and it was a great bit of fun. Looking forward to doing more trainig and "B-Course" stuff with the family-model of the F1.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

12 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Do we know which versions will be released in which order?

Releasing the BE first would be awesome, as it would be the first trainer version of a fighter in the game, coming with all the major bells and whistles (minus the guns and a little bit of fuel).

I just flew the C-101 yesterday with a friend and it was a great bit of fun. Looking forward to doing more trainig and "B-Course" stuff with the family-model of the F1.

CE → EE → BE → M

• Thanks 3

Phantom Forever

On 11/12/2021 at 10:18 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I'm with you, waiting for a ETA on this before jumping on the Apache.

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 weeks later...

HI @Vibora. How's your health? Please don't overdo it, and I hope you can develop as you wish.

I understand that the EE and M variants are capable of aerial refueling, but if possible, could you please provide empty external fuel tanks?
Empty external fuel tanks will make it easier for us to practice aerial refueling.

I know it's early days, but this will add to the appeal of this valuable module, which is capable of aerial refueling.
And if it's an empty external fuel tank, no doubt the Spanish Air Force has installed one before...

Phantom Forever

Hi @Vibora,

first, i want encourage you and the Aerges teams for their work. I saw the progress in the MineralVodye airshow ; go on!

The mirage F1 is a plane i expect so much.

I'm agree with the idea to develop buddy refueling possibility : it will very interesting for the teams squadron and for Aerges.

The F1 will be the only plane to permit this... and for us, it allows some nice mission with real players only.

Muchas gracias para el desarrollo del C14 !

• Like 1

Regarding refueling pod, it seems it was possible IRL according to this picture, so we will consider it, though it most likely won’t appear in the Early Access version, and it will probably need some support from ED’s code.
In any case, we need to research to find enough info, like a description of how it worked, and pod data (pictures, measures, weight and aerodynamic coefficients).
We will also think about towed targets.
Regarding empty tanks, that is an interesting capability, but probably needs work from ED.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

2 hours ago, Vibora said:

Regarding refueling pod, it seems it was possible IRL according to this picture, so we will consider it, though it most likely won’t appear in the Early Access version, and it will probably need some support from ED’s code.
In any case, we need to research to find enough info, like a description of how it worked, and pod data (pictures, measures, weight and aerodynamic coefficients).
Regarding empty tanks, that is an interesting capability, but probably needs work from ED.

I found on this site the page of a French magazine where the photos were published.

https://far-maroc.forumpro.fr/t2109-les-mirage-de-bagdad

The French magazine is called "LE FANA DE L'AVIATION", and there are several photos of them equipped with aerial refueling pods in the Mirage F1 feature on Iraq.

• Like 1

Phantom Forever

8 hours ago, Vibora said:

I tried to find out about the refueling pods equipped by MirageF1, but I could not find any direct information about which refueling pods were used by Mirages in Iraq.

However, I noticed that in France, the country where the Mirage was produced, refueling pods similar to the one in this image were used in Super Étendard and Rafale, and I even found out that they were produced by a company called "Safran".

They seem to have been producing refueling pods for many years, and the N220B refueling pod shown on the company website is very similar to that of the Iraqi Mirage.

https://www.safran-group.com/products-services/aerial-refueling-systems-and-equipment

Phantom Forever

Admiral_ZIPANGU, you gave me an excellent idea to have some information

The french air force used a refuel pod call Intertechnique Douglas D827 for their Etendard IV and Super Etendard .

These airplanes are in service before and after the Mirage F1. So it's certainly the sort of buddy-buddy refuel pod they used for Iraqi mirage F1Eq.

The only store for the centerline pylon is the Douglas Refueling Pod

With this refueling pod can be used to add petrol for Etendard IV (not in DCS), Mirage F1 (soon in DCS 😇), M2000 and even F14 and F18 !!!

Go on Aerges !

• Here are some of characteristic of this buddy refuel Pod :

With a weight of 360 kg, it can transfer kerosene at a flow rate of 800 liters / min (600 kg / min) thanks to a flexible hose 15 m long terminated by a mounted conical basket on ball joint (folded inside, open outside the basket). It also includes a winding drum, a fuel pump and a hydraulic pump (supplying the energy necessary for the operation of the nacelle components) actuated by the propeller mounted in the nose cone - the propeller being driven in rotation by the only dynamic air current. (http://www.ffaa.net/aircraft/super-etendard/caracteristiques.htm)

Etendard (ETD) and Super Etendard (SUE). The FN operates Etendard and Super
Etendard aircraft fitted with an externally carried AAR Pod.
a. AAR Equipment. Both types of aircraft have one centreline refuelling station. The
Douglas 827A pod is in service but is currently being replaced by the Inter-technique 827B
pod.
b. Refuelling Heights and Speeds. The AAR height band is sea level to 25,000 ft but
for training purposes fuel transfer is not permitted below 5000 ft. Speed range is
250 - 280 KIAS (optimum 270 KIAS). Maximum speed for hose trail is 280 KIAS.
c. Maximum Transferable Fuel. Transferable fuel depends on mission duration.
Maximum transferable for the Etendard is 2400 kg (5290 lb) at 100 nm from a carrier and

for the Super Etendard is 1800 kg (3970 lb) at 50 nm from a carrier or base.
d. Fuel Transfer Rate. The tanker can transfer fuel at a constant rate of 300 - 400
kg/min (660 - 800 lb/min).

e. Regulated Fuel Pressure. Fuel pressure at the drogue is regulated not to exceed 3.8
bars (55 psi). Nominal fuel pressure is 2.15 bars (31 psi).

f. Fuel Type Available for AAR:
Primary/usual is F34 (if land based) or F42/F40 (if carrier based).
g. Receiver Types Certified. The following aircraft types are certified to receive fuel
from the Etendard (ETD) or Super Etendard (SUE):
(1) A-6E.

(2) EA-6B.

(3) Etendard IV M, IV P, Super Etendard.

(4) F8E Crusader (FN).

(5) F-14.

(6) F-18.
(7) Mirage F1B/C, 2000B/C (FAF).

F1 buddy Refuel - Copie.png

photo Douglas 827 refuel - Copie.jpg

technics Douglas 827 refuel  Pod - Copie.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2