Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

Nice. More Cold War stuff is always good news.

I'm assuming that it's closest counterparts will be Heatblur's F-1A, RAZBAM's upcoming MiG-23 and ED's Phantom (whenever we actually get it). However, I know next to nothing about this aircraft. How will it measure up against others from the same era?

• Like 3

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

We estimate a few months after early access release.

Dare I ask about BE?

I think it is really, really awesome that your team decided to make a two-seater variant. I know single-players will not care for it, but in my group of virtual pilots we like to teach each other about new aircrafts, it is also a great way to help new players step up to full-fidelity modules. Coming from FC3 or other games, it can be quite scary to step into a new cockpit in DCS! With a two-seater variant, we are able to be in the same plane, perform the mission and teach step-by-step. I know some training aircraft exist, but they are just that: training. Once you master the L39 or C101, you are not proficient in a combat aircraft that can be used in solo. There is no F/A-18D, or Mirage 2000B, in DCS - unfortunately for us.

This will be a combat jet, meaning we can use the BE to teach new players who can then go on to fly the CE or EE on their own with almost no adaptation time required. This is great, and thank you for this, as to my knowledge you are the first ones to do it.

• Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

We estimate a few months after early access release.

Dare I ask about BE?

I think it is really, really awesome that your team decided to make a two-seater variant. I know single-players will not care for it, but in my group of virtual pilots we like to teach each other about new aircrafts, it is also a great way to help new players step up to full-fidelity modules. Coming from FC3 or other games, it can be quite scary to step into a new cockpit in DCS! With a two-seater variant, we are able to be in the same plane, perform the mission and teach step-by-step. I know some training aircraft exist, but they are just that: training. Once you master the L39 or C101, you are not proficient in a combat aircraft that can be used in solo. There is no F/A-18D, or Mirage 2000B, in DCS - unfortunately for us.

This will be a combat jet, meaning we can use the BE to teach new players who can then go on to fly the CE or EE on their own with almost no adaptation time required. This is great, and thank you for this, as to my knowledge you are the first ones to do it.

A few months after EE.

Thank you.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

The Mirages (not just the F1, but the III and 5, too) were usually taylored to each nation's set of requirements.

There usually is no "stock" version and it also wouldn't be any shocker to find an export Mirage be more capable than the domestic version for the AdlA. Maybe apart from the nuke-integration in some domestic Mirage IIIEs.

Some countries have procured the C version as fighter and the E multirole aircraft. The iraqis have gone one step farther and bought several subsets - each one more capable than the preceeding version.

The EQ5 and EQ6 were very advanced in their times, given the limited size of the airframe to work with.

I'm really looking forward to flying the F1. It's pretty much the apex of turbojet-fighters.

Together with the late F-4s and the MiG-23.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

The Mirages (not just the F1, but the III and 5, too) were usually taylored to each nation's set of requirements.

There usually is no "stock" version and it also wouldn't be any shocker to find an export Mirage be more capable than the domestic version for the AdlA. Maybe apart from the nuke-integration in some domestic Mirage IIIEs.

Some countries have procured the C version as fighter and the E multirole aircraft. The iraqis have gone one step farther and bought several subsets - each one more capable than the preceeding version.

The EQ5 and EQ6 were very advanced in their times, given the limited size of the airframe to work with.

I'm really looking forward to flying the F1. It's pretty much the apex of turbojet-fighters.

Together with the late F-4s and the MiG-23.

During the 1980', the only one who purchased full options Mirage F1 were the Iraqis with EQ5/ EQ6.

Nobody else ever got so advanced Mirage F1.

I do hope that we get a French Mirage F1 C-200, very close to Mirage F1 CE.

Air refuelling, BF radar threat warning system, Barax jammer pod (also seen on Spanish Mirage), but Super 530F, Magic 1 and later Magic 2.

I guess it would be very hard to find data on Exocet use on Mirage F1. I don't even know if any customer outside Iraq used this option, same for targeting pod.

Good summary in Spanish:

https://www.taringa.net/+militares_en_t/los-mirage-f1-espanoles-hasta-el-f-1m-actual_16gl5c

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The screenshots we've seen so far are quite curious, showing several configurations of RWR, IFR probe and the "libyan" aircraft has the additional dorsal radiocompass-antenna. The IFR probe doesn't fit quite to the aircraft, though. As does the RWR.

The F1M would have colour-displays, so it's probably more advanced than the EQ6 - despite coming with a different set of toys and no Exocet-integration.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

The screenshots we've seen so far are quite curious, showing several configurations of RWR, IFR probe and the "libyan" aircraft has the additional dorsal radiocompass-antenna. The IFR probe doesn't fit quite to the aircraft, though. As does the RWR.

The F1M would have colour-displays, so it's probably more advanced than the EQ6 - despite coming with a different set of toys and no Exocet-integration.

I said during the 1980'.

Today the most advanced Mirage F1 are the Moroccan Mirage F1 M VI, with weapon system derived from Mirage 2000-5, full glass cockpit, Mica missiles and so on...

Spanish Air Force did have different sets of RWR in its fleet...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

What would F1's radar be comparable in DCS? Between F-5 and Mig-21 on one side and Mig-29 and M2000 on the other? (Talking about the F1C)

More or less yes (with a touch of Viggen thrown in). I'm not sure whether the -CE that Aerges is doing had look down/shoot down capabilities or EXP modes, but eventually the -M got those (and possibly the -EE as well? At least the EXP modes make sense for its role).

Don't think any Cyrano IV variant (including the one on the F1-M) has modern look down/shoot down capability since they are not Pulse-Doppler ones. That comes with the RDM on the Mirage 2000.

So better range, 120 degrees scan in the horizontal, 4 bar scan in the vertical like modern radars, but limited look-down and no TWS. The later variants have ground mapping, terrain avoidance and anti-ship modes.