[FIXED] Very degraded performance within Beirut terminal area

Midair

Just a quick question for you, do you think you will be able to fix the FPS issue we have with the JF-17 in cockpit? On Syria map on the ground I have 20 fps and between 30 and 40 in the air with a lot of stuttering. With the F-16 and F/A-18 I have 40 FPS almost all the time with less stuttering. It's the same on Caucasus and Persian without stutter.

I play in VR with an RTX2080, I9 9900k and 32 g ram.

Edited by uboats

• 3 months later...

I've noticed in my mission that when jumping in the cockpit of the JF17 I placed in Beirut, I drop to 8 FPS while in other JF17 parked in other airports, I have 40+FPS.

Its seems like something strange is happening ; the profile says the simulation is taking forever.

You can test the bare mission I created to illustrate this bug by jumping in the JF17 and checking your FPS.

This performance drop only happens with the JF17 ; the same spot with the F16 or the F14 was fine.

Additionally, you can see on the screenshot that the 'simulation' profiler is spiking.

It's very strange ; the performance goes back up when you leave the parking area and take off and goes back down if you come back.

Thanks

JF17_Syria_Bug.miz

Screen_201123_204403.thumb.png.4ce4115abec47c591cc038145909b48c.png

Screen_201123_204357.thumb.png.28443fa3576fc80b89c0f8deaa9d7840.png

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Not really ; I have good performance in this map and around this very Beirut area with the 2 other planes I fly (F16 and F14).

This issue only appears with the JF-17 which I forget to specify in my initial post and will add (Thanks for making me think of it)

My friend had the exact same problem in the JF17 but not in the F14.

On top of that, the fact that the 'simulation' DCS profiler is spiking indicates more of a system going crazy on CPU.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm that I was able to reproduce the issue easily:

Only in the JF-17, within the terminal area of Beirut airport. I was running about 1 fps (!) in VR. As soon as I managed to exit this area, the frame rate returns to a more normal 40/50 fps.

I do not have this frame rate problem with other aircraft such as the F-14A or the Viggen in the exact same spot.

That why I believe this maybe an avionic bug (maybe ground radar ray-tracing? even if it was not displayed) which may be triggered by some odd geometry in this airport.

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

hmm, i can see same result

but if i stay there for a longer time, then fps will be restored.

That why I believe this maybe an avionic bug (maybe ground radar ray-tracing? even if it was not displayed) which may be triggered by some odd geometry in this airport.

on ground, radar is off

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] Very degraded performance within Beirut terminal area
23 hours ago, uboats said:

hmm, i can see same result

but if i stay there for a longer time, then fps will be restored.

on ground, radar is off

It's still unplayable for me after the patch ; the JF-17 stays at choppy framerate (1 frame every 10 seconds) for at least 4 min then I stopped testing because even if it comes back to normal ; at this point it's still a bug to fix 🙂

If you can reproduce it ; it's good news ; easy to investigate and fix.

Still happening just with the JF17 ; just in certain spots ; hot from parking.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 4 weeks later...

I know its an old thread but I also have very low fps in this cockpit compaired to other modules, even with the resolution set to 512.
Is this a known issue or is there something I can do to fix it? When it just released it was the AG rader but its not the case now.

Have not flow it for a while, my specs are: Ryzen 2700x, AMD RX5700XT and 32GB ram.

3 hours ago, dutch_bullet said:

I know its an old thread but I also have very low fps in this cockpit compaired to other modules, even with the resolution set to 512.
Is this a known issue or is there something I can do to fix it? When it just released it was the AG rader but its not the case now.

Have not flow it for a while, my specs are: Ryzen 2700x, AMD RX5700XT and 32GB ram.

There is an option for a "performance" version of the cockpit under the JF-17 special option tab, you could try it and see if it helps you. On my side, as soon as i lower the cockpit canopy my fps drop, even cold with no systems on(mfd, lights...), as soon as the canopy is lowered my fps drop.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

13 hours ago, unknown said:

There is an option for a "performance" version of the cockpit under the JF-17 special option tab, you could try it and see if it helps you. On my side, as soon as i lower the cockpit canopy my fps drop, even cold with no systems on(mfd, lights...), as soon as the canopy is lowered my fps drop.

I thought it was already on performance but it wasn't, it helps with the extreme drops but it still is not up to the level of other modules.
Is there anything know about what this option changes because I can't see a difference? I hope once Vulkan is implemented these perfomance problems will be less of an issue,

In my PC the panel lights are the major fps drop, for example, if I do a lights test it drops from 60 fps to 4 fps.

EDIT: I removed the fxo and metashaders2 folders and now it's solid stable at 60 fps.

Edited by riojax

7 hours ago, dutch_bullet said:

I thought it was already on performance but it wasn't, it helps with the extreme drops but it still is not up to the level of other modules.
Is there anything know about what this option changes because I can't see a difference? I hope once Vulkan is implemented these perfomance problems will be less of an issue,

As far as i know Deka said they changed the new fency lights in cockpit(gear status, warning lights...)which were introduced to DCS a couple months ago to the older style. Personally i can't see any difference(i'm flying in VR) and i didn't noticed any major fps drop with the new lights(light test button) but the performance cockpit gives me less stuttering in VR. The JF-17 is one of the heaviest aircraft on my fps only sitting on the super carrier and looking at the isle is more demanding. 

There is a performance problem thread on page 2 of the bug section:

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 2 weeks later...

The other day I wanted to spawn on a training mission with our squadron. Upon loading into the aircraft it took a little while for everything to spawn and when it did it was a slideshow of about 0.25 fps (took about 4-5 seconds to render every frame). Here's the strange part: this was specifically in the JF-17 on Incirlik:

- Taking a JF-17 on Ramad David resulted in a normal framerate (20-40 fps).

- Taking an F-16 on Incirlik resulted in a normal framerate (20-40 fps)

All cases are with cold jets, no systems have been started yet.

Of the two others who fly the JF-17 with me one of them also has this specific issue, for the other the performance was just fine.

When I made an empty training mission with only a few JF-17 spawn slots on Incirlik it also worked fine at 20-40 fps. I suspect the problem to be in the mission file but I have no idea how to even start looking for this issue. Has anyone else run into this one before, or is this a new DCS bug?

To elaborate a bit on my system: i7 8700k (@stock), 32 GB RAM, RTX2080 Super (@5120x1440), DCS is installed on a (Samsung 970 M.2) SSD.

Trackfile at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YJSjAn61Mh4adWcfg3qMRmKzB6Y03vcn/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Oraijon

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] JF-17 slideshow at some AF of syria map?
15 hours ago, uboats said:

issue finally pin-pointed, it's due to the jf-17 external collision model

will figure it out why

Will this also fix the weird fps drop me an Darkstar are experiencing, or is this unrelated?

EDIT: I haven't had the chance to test it, but I hope that this was included in today's patch.

Edited by J20Stronk

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] Very degraded performance within Beirut terminal area
  • uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Very degraded performance within Beirut terminal area