Question about Reference Altitude

Snappy

Hi,

have a question regarding reference altitude , i.e. commanded altitude to fly via the poles in the HUD / horizontal ADI bar:

Am I correct in understanding that this reference altitude even after loading the data cartridge is by default (regardless of what the kneeboard waypoint altitudes say, or the mission / campaign briefing for the route)

always 500m for normal waypoints enroute ? It seems to be that way for me.

So if for example, the mission planning says, fly from waypoint 2 to 3 at 1000m altitude, I have to manually fly to that altitude and then press the reference button on the stick to make this the

new reference altitude? Or am I missing something?

I know that you can also use the trim hat during autopilot ( alt hold ) to set a new reference altitude, but these are smaller increments and don't seem suitable for large changes in reference altitude.

BTW , is there any digital readout of the current reference altitude anywhere in the Cockpit or CK37?

Thanks and kind regards,

Snappy

Yes to all your questions except that there are not digital readout. Reference altitude is not stored in the cartridge, it’s always set to 500 after take-off.

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

No since reference altitude wasn’t stored in the cartridge. My educated guess is that altitude wasn’t really in the mission plan since it would always be lowest possible in the AJS.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.