Mavs with moving target?

impreza

Use mav F, but the TGP locks on lamp posts and fences rather than a vehicle, I had tons of trouble with it locking on the moving vehicle then jumping to a lamp or fence.

anyways to lock the target with TGP place it in front prepare the TGP to go point track as soon as the vehicle gets to that spot, then point track it.

But the problem is that the Mav follows last designated spot, it doesnt follow your TPG when in point track mode, so it is impossible to lock, or Im doing something wrong,

I point track the moving target and select Mav screen, uncage and it lock on the last designated spot, just before I point tracked that vehicle.

After you achieve POINT TRACK with the FLIR, you need to TDC DEPRESS to designate the target (again). You will see the little OFFSET MARKER cross in the center of the point track box.

It works for me with both F and E. For E, I have to move the TDC away from the MAV DDI to allow it to lock on the laser, but otherwise, POINT TRACK>TDC DEPRESS verify the FLIR is following target, Uncage MAV... works for me

Here is a pretty good video..showing the MAV-F along with the pitfalls of its use in environments with other high contrast items.

Similar video with GBU against Movers... same idea with POINT TRACK..

After you achieve POINT TRACK with the FLIR, you need to TDC DEPRESS to designate the target (again). You will see the little OFFSET MARKER cross in the center of the point track box.

It works for me with both F and E. For E, I have to move the TDC away from the MAV DDI to allow it to lock on the laser, but otherwise, POINT TRACK>TDC DEPRESS verify the FLIR is following target, Uncage MAV... works for me

Here is a pretty good video..showing the MAV-F along with the pitfalls of its use in environments with other high contrast items.

Similar video with GBU against Movers... same idea with POINT TRACK..

Hello,

I saw those videos a while a go during "TGP learning". Thank you for reminding me of those videos and your explanation! Very interesting and VERY helpfull!!!

Thank you, Kansti

Yup GazAce missions is where I spent several hours learning how to nail those moving targets. Practice practice and practice you’ll get it down.

i also had his YouTube videos running while practicing.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

I have tested the agm-65F on moving targets, I noticed that when a road is lined with street lights, the agm-65F locks on the lights and not on the targets.

In your opinion, is it the same in reality?

However, no problem if the road is not lined with lampposts.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

I have tested the agm-65F on moving targets, I noticed that when a road is lined with street lights, the agm-65F locks on the lights and not on the targets.

In your opinion, is it the same in reality?

However, no problem if the road is not lined with lampposts.

TGP also locks on lamp posts and road fences, even in flir mode, those things have high contrast to the road as if they are emitting heat, that's a game wide problem.