[REPORTED] Priming pump not required for engine startup?

Slegawsky

It took me while to find something, but Photo in the starting Post is from the maintenance Manual (Aircraft Overview). General overview of the Aircraft for the Ground crew for Inspection where you can find everywhere in there Internet. But in there is no written Pilot Instruction in it how to use the Aircraft or this case how you start up the A8 or even when to use the Primer Pump. In German the Pilot Manual is called Operating Instructions (Bedienvorschrift). What is basicly hard to come by. Basicly the same for K4 or and A8, the Engines are Fuel Injected dont require ignitable mixture like the Merlin for the Start up to soak up the Fuel from the Carburetor. Only thing is Fuel start to Condense on Piston Walls at low Temprature, there for is the Priming Pump in the A8 as the K4 to get a ignitable Fuel Mixture at low Temp.

After some thoughts where to search came across BMW 801 Engine Data Card with Operating Instructions:

Bellow 5 Degrees 2-4 Priming and under 15 Degrees 6 Times, little bit low what NineLine reported, but Priming a Engine is not exact sience

Zwischenablage01.thumb.jpg.f071deefe36313849af5ff79d38ae40a.jpg

• Like 1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• ED Team

Absolutely. Depends on fuel type. More or less volatile. By the way, I asked Erich Brunotte if he used primer, and he said that never in 109 and both 190.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me