F/A18C HOTAS Stick Y axis Asymmetric travel distance

Hi everyone,

I am new to DCS but old to LOMAC. Absent from flight sim for 8 years, but I am back :) I am learning the F/A18C, there is a huge step upward in flight sim through out my absent years :) My feeling is both the Avionic and Flight Dynamic modelling are very different from the old days; I found out that carrier landing is extremely difficult compare to the past. What a joy!!

Back to the point, the travel distance of Y axis of the F/A-18 stick is not symmetric (I learnt from the hotas stick animation from DCS and the Control indicator [Ctrl Enter]; I think it reflect the real jet); it looks like push is only 1/2 of the pull. So, does any expert here modify his / her Hotas stick to limit the travelling distance of the push of the y-axis, to reflect the "actual" control feeling of a real F/A-18 stick?

Thanks

Hanson

Please correct me if I am wrong. What I meant is that the actual stick of the F/A-18 seems like has shorter travel distance at the push direction. I am wondering if it is a good idea to put some stopper to my joystick physically to replicate the mechanism of the real F/A-18.

I believe this is a normal aspect of the fly-by-wire system limiting negative G. I doubt it's worth the trouble. Pushing full forward on the stick is something so rarely done and I've never noticed an issue with the stick deflection not 'matching'.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Its been like that for a while. Stick movement forward does not look the same because us "Chair Jockies" do not have a perfect 1-1 stick as the real aircraft. IRL the stick deflection forward does not travel as far as rearward. Best to either ignore the stick or remove it from view.

Find the pitch axis bind in controls. Click it and select «axis tune». From there make the selections as I have done in this picture. You can fine tune it further if you wish. But this setting will make the stick more sensitive in the negative pitch region. Meaning your virtual f18 stick will hit 100% negative pitch before your physical joystick.

bb3d01d607da44c680d0cfc6d9242624.thumb.jpg.4bfa35c4a19cffcf508d888788936d29.jpg