VKB Throttle delivered until Christmas?

Sandy

VKB Throttle delivered until Christmas?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. VKB Throttle delivered until Christmas?

• By all means!
    • I'm feeling confident.
    • You better not think about it.
    • No way!

Any chance the throttle might be in my hands by Christmas?

I don't know about the length of preorders - this one hasn't started yet - in the past, so I came here to ask. Couldn't find any info so far except "before february" So, will we have the throttle delivered Christmas?

I doubt it they normally release some information about upcoming products when they are close to their release date, so either they are slow with the info, or it's not close to release. And if they did release it you probably would not receive it until after Christmas due to the virus and holidays, maybe the 1st quarter of 2021.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I have not seen a peep out of them on the TECS in some time.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

VKB give the usual hint about TECS here, Tuesday.

"Soon" ..."200 bucks" (basic version). And that "soon" is just plans, not promise, and the throttle is "strongly different" from the "teaser" renders.

Anyway, if followed the pattern of previous products, will be released a limited batch for collect players feedback for the version two. :)

In other words don't hold your breath. Original info stated they were about ready for production IIRC.

And that was quite some time ago.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 weeks later...

That's some very early renders. Apparently it's undergone changes since but nobody has seen any design pictures as VKB keeps its cards pretty close to its chest until release time. Hopefully we'll get some more info in the near future as previously the Lunar New Year (mid-Feb) was floated by VKB as a release date.

You can never have too many buttons. 🙂  I'll be holding out to see what happens. I'm considering a new throttle as well (I just don't trust Logitech anymore) and was looking seriously at either TM Warthog or Virpil but might be worth holding off a month to see if there's any announcements.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems like it, VKB announced their TECS throttle December 31, 2017 then reannounced it January 28, 2021.  Still have yet to see anything else let alone a shippable product.  Luckily, Virpil has a great throttle as does WinWing but always nice to have a third option of their quality.  Hoping they get something out in 2022 but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by BigHairyGobbler

My guarantee: if my first two bombs don't destroy you, the next one's free

F-16C | FC3 | Persian Gulf

On 12/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, BigHairyGobbler said:

Seems like it, VKB announced their TECS throttle December 31, 2017 then reannounced it January 28, 2021.  Still have yet to see anything else let alone a shippable product.  Luckily, Virpil has a great throttle as does WinWing but always nice to have a third option of their quality.  Hoping they get something out in 2022 but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah I have anxiously been waiting for the new throttle offering from VKB.

My Warthog throttle starting giving me some troubles earlier in the year and I really wanted more axis so I went ahead and grabbed the Virpil CM3. I really like it and it has been doing quite well for me. I will still get the VKB whenever they do bring it to market. Being the hardware junkie and all that I am.

• Like 2

Don B

On 12/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, BigHairyGobbler said:

Yes, several years and many products later nothing, some kind of update would be welcome, other than the wheels are turning.

• Like 1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.