[ART] Modelling & Functionality Central Indicator Fast Erect and Filter.

Snappy

Hi,

going by the manual, the controls for the Central Indicator seem to be modelled in the wrong places.

I know the visible filter controls for the Central Indicator have not been added yet.

But also the Button for the fast erect function is seemingly placed wrong.

According to the manual, the filter control is on the of left side of the screen housing and the Fast Erect button is below the screen housing.

In the Module, the fast erect button is on the left screen housing(where the filter controls should be) and nothing is below the screen housing.

Cki.thumb.png.37eba86ac6fbcae19630254404998ed5.png

CIMan.png.3c1f10e0fcfa97bbcb768f9812485455.png

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by RagnarDa
  • Like 1

I guess controls were moved at some point during the long life of the Viggen. We can see here that an SK 37 was equiped just like our DCS AJS 37 is (two buttons on each side of the CI).

Who's wrong? The manual or the 3D cockpit?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I recon they're not buttons at all. As far as I know, I haven't seen anything about them being buttons, that's not to say they aren't, but I believe the Fast Erect isindeed in the wrong location in-game.

If they are buttons, what are the other 3 used for? The two top ones are also in a slightly hard to reach places, being right next to other instruments.

As you can see on the SF37 pit it does not have any on the things that are used for the Fast Erect currently. It does however have the big button marked Fast Erect in the manual.

Oh, and the filter knob is also shown in that location on other illustrations, not only this one.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_264284_1606498472187_168","height":"565","title":"82826431_2925166897535272_8751886628932288512_o.png","width":"848"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

cockpit_of_a_ja37_viggen_by_devil_d_ind-d27dhpb.thumb.png.0be6d8e71feacaca92ecc0be4a947685.png

Viggen_2008-03-01-35.thumb.png.f753a44fdd80f41aa8550becdff19ea6.png

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Official documentation containes surprisingly often small errors, especially illustrations. My guess is that is what this is.

What is this supposed to mean? That the guy who did the Module manual made an error ?or that the swedes don‘t know where they put the stuff in own aircraft? Serious question.

I can maybe imagine locations differing in different indicator versions, but I don‘t think whoever wrote the manual invented buttons that dont exist..Or maybe I misunderstood you.

kind regards,

Snappy