Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII

tapi

Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII

• Bf 109 G-6 Late
    • Tempest Mk. V
    • Spitfire Mk XIV (Griffon, bubble canopy)
    • Fw 190 F/G-8
    • A6M5 Zero
    • P-38 J/L Lightning
    • F6F Hellcat
    • Bf 109 E
    • Spitfire Mk. I/II
    • Other (not mentioned) aircraft

I think it would be nice for us as well as for ED to know what WWII aircraft is currently most wanted/needed by the community.

(The original thread here https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...at-would-it-be is great but a little bit disorganized now)

Mosquito F.B. Mk.VI, ME 262 and F4U Corsair are considered as in-progress projects so no need to vote for them.

Vote for only one aircraft.

Please read this thread before you vote: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...n-future-years

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

I would have said Typhoon given it's ties to Operation Overlord however honestly the only valid answer here is the G6/G14... After that the Typhoon, Tempest & Spitfire XIV.

Before we move on to another theater we need to set have a decent baseline for Normandy/Western Front, the G6/G14 will be a huge step in the right direction, if not I am worried it will set a precedent for all future theaters.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Oh, I forgot to mention Typhoon :(, sorry for that guys. Unfortunately, now I am not allowed to add new poll items...

But pls feel free to add your comments here.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

So far it shows the need of k-4 being replaced by g-6.

Not sure why have to choose from Pacific, BoB era, Normandy era aircraft, i' suggest braking it down into 3 separate ones.

Personally Id add any twin engine german aircraft that would suit 1944 Normandy map.

Me-110 or me-410 would be great to have but its just realm of wishful thinking.

• Like 1

Well, you are right that the poll is a mess od aircrafts from different periods. But it is not my reasoning. If you know about some info leaks from ED, they are planning to build Pacific as well as Battle of Britain battlefields/scenarios. That is why the poll has to mention all the aircrafts ED plan to release in a more or less distant future. Because average time for the creation of 1 a/c is a very long period (at least 1 year of work), the goal is to see what we as a community prefer...

Given that the FW 190F-8/G-8 and the P-38L are already in progress by ED and Flying Iron Simulations and the Bf 109G-6 and A6M5 are in progress as AI by ED and M3 with intentions stated to make them flyable someday maybe (and I don't care if they stay AI only) that really only leaves one aircraft suitable for our current two WWII maps. I would love to have a Spitfire Mk XIVe but a Typhoon Ib ( not car door) would be a better fit and a significant aircraft that is different from what we currently have and appropriate for the maps we have.

There are a lot of other aircraft that would be easier to make I think and really needed, a Mustang III/P-51B/C, an appropriate version of the P-47 as well, FW 190A-4.

For something really easy, a modification to the existing Spitfire Mk IXc to give it a Gyro Mk II gunsight option and exchange the .303 Browning's for .50 Browning making it a IXe which would be appropriate or for something completely different, an option for a Seafire F Mk III mod to the Mk IXc to make it usable in the Pacific as well as Normandy.

• Like 1

Hi Rob. Would you post pls links with info that a) P-38 is going to be adapted for DCS b) Bf 109G-6 is in progress as AI by ED? c) A6M5 is in progress...

AFAIK nothing of these is sure for now. But pls correct me if I am wrong. It would be great if at least some of these projects have already started.

I'd like to see all the aircraft on the list.

AFAIK, Flying Iron has said nothing about bringing the P-38 to DCS.

There's been mumbles about the 109G-6 but nothing definitive.

Haven't seen anything about a flyable Zero either.

I'm looking forward to the La-7 by OctopusG - if it comes to DCS.

Others: would like to see flyable assets for a Flying Tigers scenario. P-40A/B, Japanese AC from that era (not A6M# ?).

Obvs we need Wildcats and Hellcats and more Japanese assets for the Marianas.

For a quick, "achievable" win, would like to see an air-to-air focused radial FW190 (F-8?).

I think that the next planes should extend the current planeset. An scenario like the current I-16 (with no contemporary adversary) is undesirable. So 109g6/14, typhoon-tempest, spitfire XIV... would be the logical step.

Obviously, I wouldn´t mind if they decide to develop something like a Bob scenario with a pack of planes launched in a close time frame from each other.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Warbirds from 1941/42/43 on the channel to fly Rhubarbs and Circus's. We have the map so would be good to get the Spitfire Mk V, the Westland Whirlwind (number one wish), the Bf-109 F4 or G2, the FW-190 A3.  Typhoon would also be good as was developed to counter the FW-190 in 41/42

The Hellcat is an interesting alternative as it was flown by the Fleet Air Arm over Norway and the Med, though not against the late war warbirds that are available.

• Like 3

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

Step back from the fast, heavy, late war birds... 

Spitfire V, 109F and early Anton are all good shouts

I’d like to see a dedicated 190 jabo at some stage. Kittyhawk and Hurricane II would be interesting, but I’m erring towards the Med here and conscious that the other sim has just gone there

Would be blown away by either a Typhoon or Whirlwind, but one is totally extinct and the other non-flyable. Both would be almost impossible on account of their engines...

• Like 1

Just watched this video, and not only want to visit Hanger 10, but would like to see the Yak 3. An amazing plane

https://youtu.be/xEpdzsIPvp0

• Like 1

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

It would be so great if we could get at least (in addition of what is already planned):

- BF 109 G6 

-Ju-88

-A6M Zero (Day one)

-Ki-61 and Ki-84

-B-25 and/or B-24 (Day one)

-P-38 (Day one)

-Ju-87

-Hawker Tempest (Day one)

-Yak 3 (Day one)

-La-7

-Eastern european 1944/1945 Map

And after that, focus on Battle of England , Libya and sicilia

Edited by Chinaski
  • Like 3

We need flyable multicrew WWII aircraft in DCS World. Since the Mossie is coming, how about the german medium bomber, the He-111. Would probably be a blast to fly as the turret gunner in that baby. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.