Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII

tapi

Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII

• Bf 109 G-6 Late
    • Tempest Mk. V
    • Spitfire Mk XIV (Griffon, bubble canopy)
    • Fw 190 F/G-8
    • A6M5 Zero
    • P-38 J/L Lightning
    • F6F Hellcat
    • Bf 109 E
    • Spitfire Mk. I/II
    • Other (not mentioned) aircraft

• 1 month later...

We're getting the Corsair soon... and now with the Marianas here.... my vote goes to: A6M5 Zero!

Come on, you have to admit, it's such a nice looking and powerful plane!!! But I think if we had the Yak-3, I'd vote for it first.

Edited by AleCisla
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BAT-2I said:

How much does it take for a developer (3rd party) to make an acft? If we can get some prices can we get some Kickstarters going for new acft???? I would fork of cash, cause I am not capable of developing

Hard to tell the complete costs.

The flightmodel of just the Bf-109 was around 120k USD. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BAT-2I said:

How much does it take for a developer (3rd party) to make an acft? If we can get some prices can we get some Kickstarters going for new acft???? I would fork of cash, cause I am not capable of developing

Nick Grey last year hinted that a modern module required 120,000 man hours.

Even if a WWII module requires half that, you are looking at somewhere around $2,000,000 - $3,000,000 to push something out the door at a minimum

Edited by pmiceli
  • Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

23 minutes ago, PL_Harpoon said:

TBH, given how long it takes to develop a full fidelity module at the moment I'd be satisfied with an AI versions of G6 or Zero.

Yes, we need an AI Zero at the very least.

DCS Zero would be fascinating though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Yes, we need an AI Zero at the very least.

DCS Zero would be fascinating though.

And a Japanese carrier, please! :worthy:

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

6 hours ago, norbot said:

And a Japanese carrier, please! :worthy:

There are good mods for naval assets.

Jap carrier thread at 

and amazing work on others at 

Edited by 72Stu
links

I’d relish something different…

… we have series of late war, high performance, single engine fighters - so how about some variety???

(I-16 excepted)

Both the Mossie and the Corsair offer that variety (twin, carrier ops) and probably why both are eagerly awaited, at least by me

But stick these in game and we have a twin and carrier ops… so what next for “variety”…?

A6Mx Zero would fit the bill and will certainly be needed

An ED F6F wouldn’t add variety as we would have the Corsair at that point, but both the Hellcat and an ED carrier would expand the game considerably (as I keep saying - Illustrious…?!)

Which brings me to the Grumman Avenger… would add more than the sum from one more single aircraft type.  Would also fit well for USN and RN FAA carrier ops, for ETO & PTO

Oh, and the other glaringly obvious prototype which would add variety..,

Me262 Schwalbe

I’d also concede that the P-38 would be an excellent candidate for “more variety”

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1

If its for European theater then a 1945 German bomber.

If its for Pacific then the A6M5 Zero + Carrier.

Since the pacific map is free and some preexisting modules already fit(P47 and P51) focus should be on the Pacific instead of a new Battle of Britain scenario.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slice313 said:

We need the Bf 109 G-6 please. 

Already said to be on the to do list by Nick Grey in person and admins here.

S!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Already said to be on the to do list by Nick Grey in person and admins here.

S!

G-6 late or early ?? G-6 i think is the most produced version and the most modified through out the war.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

G-6, no sub-variants/years said. That won't be clear until they start to research for documents and everything to know what they can and can't do, I guess.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Bf 109 G6 (late and early variants) and Ju 87 with different variants for the battle of Britain (the channel map), it could also be used in a Caucasus 2WW variant like the one they are going to make for Marianas islands, that is a lot of work because ED would need add soviet units to have a complete scenario so this should be considered as a long term goal since they are already focusing in the pacific theatre but before all of this fix the damn Anton...

Edited by Aesirhunter

17 hours ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Where? Here in the forums?

Fox

Here in the forums afterwards, but during confinement there were lots of interviews with ED and third parties members, and that interview with Nick Grey was glorious (youtube should keep it). He also said he wanted a full and proper Battle of Britain after all going on now was completed (we're still awaiting for the Mosquito, and Me262 at least, so not tomorrow…), hence Bf109E and Spit and Hurri Mk.Is. When? Who knows…

For Bf109G-6, well he acknowledged was going to happen since it's kind of needed for the planeset, same as they did with Fw190A-8. So no real mystery there.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

Yes Nick Grey suggested the BOB was happening.

The Spit and 109E would be mods of existing aircraft so you’d image that would speed things up, but who knows… The Hurricane would be new but I’d really love to fly it in DCS.

Edited by Mogster

Surely even the Spit and 109 would effectively be totally new aircraft???

Emill > Freidrich = new airframe > Gustav = new engine > Kurfürst = magic dust 🤣

Spitfire history confuses me, but even so a BoB Mk 1s is going to be way different to a V and the IXc we have is, as with the 109, a different airframe and engine generation…

Dont get me wrong, I’d absolutely love a Spit I and Vb / Vc as well as a 109 Emil and Freidrich

but I can’t see that they have any modelling in common with a IX or Kurfürst