Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII

tapi

Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted/needed aircraft for DCS WWII

• Bf 109 G-6 Late
    • Tempest Mk. V
    • Spitfire Mk XIV (Griffon, bubble canopy)
    • Fw 190 F/G-8
    • A6M5 Zero
    • P-38 J/L Lightning
    • F6F Hellcat
    • Bf 109 E
    • Spitfire Mk. I/II
    • Other (not mentioned) aircraft

1 hour ago, Черный Дракул said:

People are toxic only if they care. So if you're getting traction, you are getting toxicity and vice versa. 

Nonsense. Being passionate is not license to be ill-mannered, insulting, derogatory or aggressive.

True passion is persistence, dedication, resilience and vision. Nowhere does it tacitly authorise the requirement to be impolite, unkind or ignorant. 

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 6:26 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

True passion is persistence, dedication, resilience and vision.

In a perfect world with both sides being perfect, it works like that. Too bad we don't have access to that world. 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:29 PM, Mogster said:

They can also be obsessive and lacking in any sense of proportion.

That, they can. Comes with the territory. And in the real world it's not always a bad thing. 

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Stuka's relevance to WW2 the Western Front ends in 1940. Should DCS go Battle of Britain, then sure let's have a Ju-87B. Should DCS go Eastern Front then sure, Ju-87B/D/G would be useful.

Otherwise it's irrelevant to DCS for combat operations. The timescales currently represented render it a white elephant.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 1

I would absolutely love to have a DCS level Stuka.

But in terms of relevance, I think that is up to the mission creator. I completely get all the interest in focusing on specific time periods, but how relevant is the I-16 to 1944 Normandy, and yet I think it is a great addition that adds a lot to DCS World.

7 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

I would absolutely love to have a DCS level Stuka.

But in terms of relevance, I think that is up to the mission creator. I completely get all the interest in focusing on specific time periods, but how relevant is the I-16 to 1944 Normandy, and yet I think it is a great addition that adds a lot to DCS World.

An excellent point, and also great justification for a DCS Ju-87. No doubt, Stukas tangled with I-16s a time or two.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

50 minutes ago, Yoda967 said:

An excellent point, and also great justification for a DCS Ju-87. No doubt, Stukas tangled with I-16s a time or two.

I think the "WWII" that goes before all of these planes is justification enough... And considering that as a module, it was already being planned. Too bad there has been no update on it.

• 2 weeks later...

My most wanted is the P-38. What I think is most needed and I'm sure they are working on it is the Mitsubishi A6M Zero.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:26 AM, cro_mig_21 said:

Amen Brother! +1

Also wouldnt mind seeing the other g and f variants except for the g12 and g14. The F4 and G6 are my favorites, at least that i have flown in other sims.

Man this post editor sucks.

Edited by m0rl0ck
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Anything Red AF that was in use in the early 1950s 

It's a real pity La-9 was being worked on by Belsimtek years ago, or at least talked about they had some plans, I guess as a fleshing out of a Korean scenery since they made F-86 and MiG-15, but apparently they dropped the idea and was never heard of again.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

7 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

It's a real pity La-9 was being worked on by Belsimtek years ago, or at least talked about they had some plans, I guess as a fleshing out of a Korean scenery since they made F-86 and MiG-15, but apparently they dropped the idea and was never heard of again.

Sad. 

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

I'd like to see this done to DCS standards.  It is a glaring omission from ETO....

Hide contents

P-38L.png

And the soon-to-be developed PTO.  It’d work everywhere, through almost any timeline, for the entirety of the proposed scope of DCS WWII. 

• Like 2

The P-38 must be coming at some stage surely. Flying examples, easy access and you’d imagine decent data would seem to put it in the low hanging fruit category. It’s an iconic popular aircraft with what amounts to groupies so you’d imagine it’d sell extremely well…

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, DishDoggie said:

All the Planes from The USS Enterprise: Bombing Six (VB-6) was equipped with Douglas SBD-2 Dauntless dive bombers, Fighting Six (VF-6) with Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat fighters, and Torpedo Six (VT-6) with Douglas TBD Devastator torpedo bombers.

Good luck with the Devastator. Unless you count the known airframes 2 miles down under the Coral Sea the things are pretty much extinct. 

12 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

To Honor the Brave men that used it to do their job knowing just that. Like it or not it is all History. 

It’s a fascinating aircraft, it would be great to have an original Devastator in a museum. Hendon has a Fairey Battle, Pensacola should have a Devastator but they were all used up.

From a sim point of view it seems there’s very little to go on. No accessible good condition original airframes, very few interior photos from in service examples. 

• Like 1