Where did all the cheap WMR headsets go ?

IanHx2

Here in the UK, cant find any trace of a new WMR headset that isn't an HP Reverb.

Looking for a cheap ( sub- £300 ) replacement for a Lenovo Explorer (for a non-simmer) and wheras there

were several (5+) different types of headset on the market in 2018, today there appear to be .... zero.

Did WMR die off while I wasnt paying attention ?

Or is version 2 of WMR about to put in an appearance shortly ?

At the moment it looks like my only option is to upgrade to a Reverb G2 and

hand down the G1 - which will no doubt lead to the intended recipient asking dad to upgrade

their hardware to handle it :(

global pandemic and half life alyx came out at the same time. They aren't making more of those cheapo headsets so they have all be gobbled up.

if you already have a facebook account, the quest 2 with link is superior to all of them in almost everyway, And is close to the Reverb G2 in resolution with a good USB 3.0 link cable. Cost half as much too

Do make sure you have and use your Facebook account if you're going to get a Quest 2. If you don't have one (and only then!), you will have to make a new account, make sure it doesn't look like a bot if you do. Facebook likes to lock people out for silly reasons, including taking away their Oculus Store purchases. This will brick the Quest 2, you can't make a new account, either, because it'll be quickly banned. I haven't heard any stories of people getting their ban rescinded, but plenty of them being told it's impossible to do. It's telling that in Germany, where customer protection is very strong, Quest 2 is not available at all.

IIRC, the Reverb supports a half-resolution mode that can work with weaker hardware. 

On 12/1/2020 at 6:33 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

Do make sure you have and use your Facebook account if you're going to get a Quest 2. If you don't have one (and only then!), you will have to make a new account, make sure it doesn't look like a bot if you do. Facebook likes to lock people out for silly reasons, including taking away their Oculus Store purchases. This will brick the Quest 2, you can't make a new account, either, because it'll be quickly banned. I haven't heard any stories of people getting their ban rescinded, but plenty of them being told it's impossible to do. It's telling that in Germany, where customer protection is very strong, Quest 2 is not available at all.

IIRC, the Reverb supports a half-resolution mode that can work with weaker hardware. 

Draconian crap for sure sad world these days.

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2