DCS WAIFU (Weather Atis Information Utility) by Bailey

Bailey

On 1/7/2021 at 2:22 AM, FRECCIA02 said:

in the service folder under mods?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Oh! I missed this response. Let me know if you are still having trouble.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:32 AM, AirWalK said:

Hello,

I really like that little App, but I have some trouble with it.

First one. My PC is an Windows 10 with German language pack . So WAIFU read the ATIS with a German language. Not very nice 🙂

Does anyone knows how to force WAIFU to use the English text-to-speech. Language-Pack is already installed.

I changed in Windows-Settings-Speech -> to English and the default Voice to an English one (Hazel). I changed the preferred language to English in my default Browser as well. No luck. ATIS is reading with the standard German Voice (Hedda). Probably it would work if I switch my hole Windows to English. But that would result in problems with the German Keyboard and our ö ä ü . So I would prefer to just switch the speech some how. Best solution in my opinion would be, the speech is selectable by the app itself.

Secondly, I have no Kneeboard output. I thought if my PC cant read it, so I can understand it. I read it by my self. Unfortunately not. I am using VR. That means to read the ATIS, I have to lift my Googles more than I would wish for.

..and lastly, a little suggestion. I would be nice to have some key-binds for start and stop. For the same VR-reasons -> lift-googles-less

Thanks for your Work.   

Hi there and thanks for the input. I'll try to answer these one at a time.

-If you cannot or are not willing to change your Windows default language, I don't know a way around it. I'll put that on the "research" list.
-If you have no kneeboard output, check your `C:\Users\PROFILENAME\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard` folder. The generated one should be in there. Do you have DCS installed in your Program Files folder? If so, the feature may not work due to windows permissions. You can try to get around it by launching DCS-WAIFU in admin mode.

-Keybinds for applications while other applications take and reserve keybinds (DCS) sounds quite daunting to be honest. I'll put that on the "research" list too.

Hi mate, looks like your little app is incompatible with the recent beta. I got a heavy CTD with a warning message like: "Windows can´t find WAIFU exe".

I can´t post a screenshot, because I had to reboot my PC after the CTD 😄

Greets

forum.png

5 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Hi mate, looks like your little app is incompatible with the recent beta. I got a heavy CTD with a warning message like: "Windows can´t find WAIFU exe".

I can´t post a screenshot, because I had to reboot my PC after the CTD 😄

Greets

Whoa. That's not good. What are your system specs and where is DCS installed. Also, what made it crash? Did you click a button? 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Whoa. That's not good. What are your system specs and where is DCS installed. Also, what made it crash? Did you click a button? 

Thanks 4 the help.

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X on Gigabyte B450 AorusElite ..Sapphire RX 580 NITRO oc, 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4/3200MHz

DCS is like all my games, not installed on my system drive and my mods are enabled with OvGME. (So,no big deal if something is not working as it should ) What made it crash? Good question...I still dont know. DCS can´t get beyond the initial loading screen without the CTD.

That´s all the info I got for you.  

forum.png

1 hour ago, Semor76 said:

Thanks 4 the help.

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X on Gigabyte B450 AorusElite ..Sapphire RX 580 NITRO oc, 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4/3200MHz

DCS is like all my games, not installed on my system drive and my mods are enabled with OvGME. (So,no big deal if something is not working as it should ) What made it crash? Good question...I still dont know. DCS can´t get beyond the initial loading screen without the CTD.

That´s all the info I got for you.  

1. Do you have DCS-WAIFU installed with OvGME? If so, try it without OvGME.
2. Does DCS launch normally with DCS-WAIFU removed/uninstalled?

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

1. Do you have DCS-WAIFU installed with OvGME? If so, try it without OvGME.
2. Does DCS launch normally with DCS-WAIFU removed/uninstalled?

1.WAIFU crashed DCS with mod enabler and with manual installation.

2. Yup, the sim launches without problems when I removed your mod.

.....reading the manual not only for entertainment purposes would really help in some situations^^

I´ve got it now. Mods/scripts goes into the save game folder, not in the main game directory.

Thanks for your help anyway. 😉

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 1

forum.png

15 hours ago, Semor76 said:

1.WAIFU crashed DCS with mod enabler and with manual installation.

2. Yup, the sim launches without problems when I removed your mod.

.....reading the manual not only for entertainment purposes would really help in some situations^^

I´ve got it now. Mods/scripts goes into the save game folder, not in the main game directory.

Thanks for your help anyway. 😉

Yahoo! Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, bclinton said:

This looked promising but I can't seem to get it to work. It crashes when I launch it. Can I assume that it is simply not compatible with the latest beta DCS?

waifu.JPG

Thats likely correct, unfortunately. Thanks for the confirmation though. 

Edited by Bailey

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I cant seem to find the button that opens the program. The program is on the special tab

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals