Thank you for the expansion of the module!

Pikey

Regarding the Friday news: Maybe I missed the post that says thanks for adding in elements that weren't ever stated they would be in the Syria terrain module, but from myself, since I asked so much about them, I want to say thank you, because it (will) make the map absolutely amazing.

Cyprus adds a Greek-Turkish possibility and turns the sea into a contested oil zone, future proofing the interest in the module being relevant to a broader amount of countries. It makes Turkey stand as potenital friend or foe on the map. It add the British base which is used in this theatre quite a lot, by other nations too. Greece becomes relevant country faction to create simulations with, which i'm sure the Greek guys are delighted about. WHen the Eurofighter comes out, it will have a home and we can plan modern misisons that we've seen in the last few years.

Dier-e-Zor was the scene of most of the late war ISIL strikes, on the Euphrates and in terms of missions, key and featuring often. It makes 350nm between Akrotiri and Deir E Zor across the map.

Shayrat and Tiyas' omissions were very obvious from the begining. Tiyas being strongly connected to Iran and both involved in several airstrikes, both being active, militarily. I missed them when looking to make real scenarios.

If anyone was on the fence about the Syria map, get off and get your credit card out, it's beyond worth it, its got the highest number of unique model buildings on any map. Just Damascas alone - I recently made a mission to attack the Ministry of Defence and found I could use real world pictures for the brieding, because it was recognisable that clearly.

Again, thanks Ugra.

• Like 9

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Regarding the Friday news: Maybe I missed the post that says thanks for adding in elements that weren't ever stated they would be in the Syria terrain module, but from myself, since I asked so much about them, I want to say thank you, because it (will) make the map absolutely amazing.

Cyprus adds a Greek-Turkish possibility and turns the sea into a contested oil zone, future proofing the interest in the module being relevant to a broader amount of countries. It makes Turkey stand as potenital friend or foe on the map. It add the British base which is used in this theatre quite a lot, by other nations too. Greece becomes relevant country faction to create simulations with, which i'm sure the Greek guys are delighted about. WHen the Eurofighter comes out, it will have a home and we can plan modern misisons that we've seen in the last few years.

Dier-e-Zor was the scene of most of the late war ISIL strikes, on the Euphrates and in terms of missions, key and featuring often. It makes 350nm between Akrotiri and Deir E Zor across the map.

Shayrat and Tiyas' omissions were very obvious from the begining. Tiyas being strongly connected to Iran and both involved in several airstrikes, both being active, militarily. I missed them when looking to make real scenarios.

If anyone was on the fence about the Syria map, get off and get your credit card out, it's beyond worth it, its got the highest number of unique model buildings on any map. Just Damascas alone - I recently made a mission to attack the Ministry of Defence and found I could use real world pictures for the brieding, because it was recognisable that clearly.

Again, thanks Ugra.

Cannot add anything more...

But just quote every single bit of what your wrote

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Having been based at Episkopi from 1982-1984, Cyprus is indeed a welcome addition, however unless it receives a LOT of detail to match the terrain of Syria, it could be an albatross around UGRA's neck.

Cyprus needs to be as detailed as it comes, with the Troodos mountains and the various valleys, gorges and ravines that are scattered all around the Island..

The Syria map is my favourite map now, even on my shitty laptop, I'm still able to enjoy it..

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

This is excellent news! Good job guys, looking forward to it!!!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

The additions look great, but I notice that the screenshot of the new map cuts off at Damascus in the south. I hope that's not a tradeoff for adding Cyprus?

I also noticed this detail, but the announcement specifies "a massive 800x600 km map size". I did a map check this morning and it looks like they don't take anything away, let's hope. The red rectangle is about 800x600. Really GREAT scenery.

Screen_201128_073751.thumb.png.073f5725f3edbd4e40153f2dd438ffe7.png

Screen_201128_073751.thumb.png.1d5b77a625fa9eb20ff14f624ee726b8.png

• Like 1

Being a Cypriot (and possibly the only active one right now in these forums) makes me a very happy buyer.

How awesome it is to see to my own country in DCS world. I was not expecting them to render the entire island, just the RAF Akrotiri part, so I'm quite pleased that they included all airports/airfields, including the abandoned Nicosia International (which is currently under UN control in the "Green zone".

I can't wait to check it out and provide some feedback to Ugra media. Great job!!

• Like 4

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

very promising news indeed. there are really a ton of conflicts (realistic and fictional) that can be set up with this layout.

will definitely buy this map, as soon as the performance issues are ironed out, or when i finally get myself a new computer.

At the moment we have 33 airbases on the map, on new map picture i count 12 new so that is 45 and they state that will be final 51, so what are new 6 bases that we cant see on the map? Anyone? Diyarbakir? Tel Aviv?

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

When I first bought this map, the first thing I did was fly out to the location of Dier-ez-Zur to see if we could even make a tiny sliver workable.

The inclusion of Dier-ez-Zur opens up the addition of so many new scenarios.

Now, we just need more of Northern Iraq, so we can get scenarios like the Battle of Haditha Dam for a 160th SOAR missions!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Here are all the new airfields I could find in the map screenshot:

Cyprus:

Paphos

RAF Akrotiri

Larnaca

Kingsfield

Gecitkale

Ercan

Lakatamia

Nicosia

Pinarbashi

Turkey:

Gazipasa

Syria:

Deir-ez-Zor

Tiyas

Shayrat

Sayqal

There is 1 more new (barely-visible) airfield in Turkey (under the VOR/DME textures) : Gaziantep/Oguzeli :smilewink:

sign-pic4.jpg

There is 1 more new (barely-visible) airfield in Turkey (under the VOR/DME textures) : Gaziantep/Oguzeli :smilewink:

oh no :(

I was hoping they wouldnt add this one. I had a lot of fun using it as a improvised airfield and was currently building a large refugee camp template there. crap

WzsVhP1.png

Hey Guys and Urga!

I m do delighted to see Cyprus comming up nicelly to DCS!

As a frequent Cyprus/Larnaca visitor, I m delighted to land in the sim where I land for a living too :)

I hope it does not set the bar too high in my mind about how the place should look like but there are specific things I ll look for with pleasure!

I saw that the Dekhelia UN base will be modeled too. that's cool too!

About that, it is possible to still squeeze 2 standby runway on this island.

There are 2 portions of freeway that can be used as standby runways too,

one on the A5 Larnaca-Limassol and the other one on the A1 Limassol-Nicosia. that on runs trough a green area with olives trees and has a road leading to the Stavrovourni monastery where you have a big army base there.

Cyprus has a lot of hidden military assets in a few places that I cant wait to discover on the map.

There Use to be a field in Pyla too (it is now a bird watching sanctuary near the freeway) from where the French forces were based during the Suez canal issue....

Along with Syria... so much potential...

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

oh no :(

I was hoping they wouldnt add this one. I had a lot of fun using it as a improvised airfield and was currently building a large refugee camp template there. crap

WzsVhP1.png

You can remove vegetation with the ME by using SCENERY REMOVE OBJECTS ZONE.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY