Feature Request- Jester/ICS PTT

Baz000

When using Jester as the pilot, i’d like it better if his menu used the same binding as the ICS PTT hat on the pilot throttle. This would allow me to use the same ICS PTT hat function to talk to a human RIO when Jester is deactivated for example when using SRS mod.

I have in the meantime i’ve done some tinkering in my SRS to achieve the same thing but at one point months earlier in the Tomcat release the ICS PTT was also activating Jester menu which I actually notice is not happening anymore now.

To me it would make more sense to actually activate Jester with the ICS PTT because other than hot mic, that is how the pilot and RIO would have to communicate in the real plane and when switching between using Jester or a Human RIO, the actual PTT would remain the same without player intervention, because currently Jester has a separate mapping than the ICS PTT.

Also, while i’m noticing things... There is no BOTH PTT function to transmit on both UHF 1 & 2 simultaneously. But I figured that may be a particular intentional omission.

• Like 1

From HB manual BOTH function is "Not functional in DCS".

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#ics-intercommunications-system

Hopefully Voicechat will evolve one day and integrate the PTT/radio menus with aircraft Mic buttons.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

My point was the ICS PTT wasn’t controlling the jester menu, although in the past, I swear it did... considering if you had a real human sitting in the back, talking to the RIO would be done by the pilot using the ICS PTT i’d like to have jester using the ICS PTT to open his menu so when I have someone in the back seat it is the same exact keying of the radio without any need for changing it or having an additional keybind or hotas command. The only variable would be is Jester activated or not.

if jester then ICS PTT=control Jester menu

if no Jester because of human player in RIO then ICS PTT= ICS menu / SRS ICS PTT

I use Jester but have to talk to ground crew - so which menu would you display then after pushing ICS PTT? That's why they are exclusive.

Does not special F-14 options cover at least partial ICS/SRS problem for you?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On a similar note I wonder if it would be possible to have jester not talk, or talk at much reduced volume while other radios (SRS) are in use. Its crazy annoying to have him stomp all over other comms. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

20 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

On a similar note I wonder if it would be possible to have jester not talk, or talk at much reduced volume while other radios (SRS) are in use. Its crazy annoying to have him stomp all over other comms. 

Good point. Since RIO can hear all comms Jester could be programmed to wait until end of radio transmission unless his message is of greater urgency.

• 10 months later...

I'm wondering if somehow this could be examined, even if it is a special option that has to be set... I'd still like to use my ICS PTT binding in-game to control the Jester menu, and in multiplayer if I have a human RIO in the back and Jester AI is disabled then the same ICS PTT still keys my Mic to talk to them. Trust me they get tired of my mouth breathing in SRS over hot Mic haha!

I swear, some months ago this was already happening and ICS PTT binding was activating the Jester AI menu... I think a patch had changed that? I just distinctly remember not having to press a Jester AI keybinding (A keyboard key or custom user bind) and the ICS was activating him.

OMG! thank you so much for looking into it Super Grover, I really have been wanting that back because it let me use the same button bind on my throttle to talk to whoever was sitting back there, be it Jester or another human on SRS radio mod. And it would match up with how'd you talk to the RIO in the back in the real jet too (aside from hot Mic)

I'd be very grateful if it can return again.

I checked it, and nothing has changed. So it's there, but you need to have this option selected in the special options menu:

obraz.png

In this mode, your PTT keys work as the SRS PTT / Jester Menu buttons, unless you presss the comms menu key (default '\') before pressing a PTT button and then it should summon the built-in comms menu. It only works in this mode because otherwise pressing PTT would display both the ICS comms and the Jester menu dialog.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/