someone please make some F14A scenarios/campaigns with Iran flying em?

sublime

Here's the thing...

I recently spent several hundred hours making and testing a mission pack for DCS, set in the Persian Gulf, US VS Iran, with SP missions split between the Tomcat and the Hornet. Probably put more work into it than I have for any content I have created for any other games, which over the years have included Janes WWII Fighters, XvT, X-Wing Alliance, Strike Fighters 2, Il2 1946 (the SAS BAT mod), Skyrim, and now DCS. Every single mod I've made for any game has been freeware: a labor of love and a way to give back to gaming communities including other modders whose stuff I really like.

Between the mediafire site and the ED user files site, this latest pack has been downloaded over 120 times in the past month since it was put out. It's gotten zero reviews, and zero feedback, good or bad. I've finished four of the six missions I was planning for the second phase of the project, but now I doubt I'll bother to release the follow-ons.

I've noticed other mission makers here in the forums posting their work and asking for feedback. You can't improve a process without it.

Bottom line: I'm about done releasing the stuff I make to the community. The biggest problem with DCS right now is it has no depth. ED has made all these assets, but unless you know how to use the ME there is nothing you can do with them except for a very few paid campaigns or the stuff that people create and put on line. When I put all those hours into mission / campaign creation, release it as freeware, and then hear nothing but crickets, posts like the OP make me feel a little sour.

'Nuff whining on my part. Carry on. ;)

• Like 1

@jmarso ; could you please edit your post and throw in a link to the content you are referring to? Although I have limited time I'd gladly check your mission(s).

I've made a few missions so far and had the luck of getting some feedback on most of them, so I'm definitely not talking about myself here. But in general I totally agree with you, that mission creators get too little appreciation in their effort to contribute to the community.

I think some people might underestimate the countless hours required to make just a simple but interesting mission. (Not to mention the after care required when something breaks due to a DCS update)

Surely going back to where you downloaded the mission and give some small feedback, is the absolute least you should do to share your appreciation. Even if that feedback is limited to give a few stars (and if you give less then 3 stars, you're a .... :P)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Here's the thing...

I recently spent several hundred hours making and testing a mission pack for DCS, set in the Persian Gulf, US VS Iran, with SP missions split between the Tomcat and the Hornet. Probably put more work into it than I have for any content I have created for any other games, which over the years have included Janes WWII Fighters, XvT, X-Wing Alliance, Strike Fighters 2, Il2 1946 (the SAS BAT mod), Skyrim, and now DCS. Every single mod I've made for any game has been freeware: a labor of love and a way to give back to gaming communities including other modders whose stuff I really like.

Between the mediafire site and the ED user files site, this latest pack has been downloaded over 120 times in the past month since it was put out. It's gotten zero reviews, and zero feedback, good or bad. I've finished four of the six missions I was planning for the second phase of the project, but now I doubt I'll bother to release the follow-ons.

I've noticed other mission makers here in the forums posting their work and asking for feedback. You can't improve a process without it.

Bottom line: I'm about done releasing the stuff I make to the community. The biggest problem with DCS right now is it has no depth. ED has made all these assets, but unless you know how to use the ME there is nothing you can do with them except for a very few paid campaigns or the stuff that people create and put on line. When I put all those hours into mission / campaign creation, release it as freeware, and then hear nothing but crickets, posts like the OP make me feel a little sour.

i never saw it. and i could help disseminate it to people who WOULD review it

my reviews got me involved with the op black bear maker who did the JF conversion etc..

maybe i missed it bc i only fly f14 and think the bugs for losers

i disagree about dcs and depth. Ive had depth and satisfaction. any multicrew f14 flight is a joy for me. and..hunters over the yalu was a fantastic experience.

when DCE worked I had dozens of enjoyable missions

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, jmarso said:

Here's the thing...

Jmarso I'm also interested in checking the missions you made and I'll be very happy to give you feedback. Can you please give us the link to play theese missions?