JTAC not transmitting data with A10 II and DCS World Open Beta

I know this is probably an ongoing issue after doing a forum search here on the subject, but I thought I would ask veteran simmers here about the status of JTAC and EPLRS in the latest open beta with A10 II. Specifically, I'm making a mission where I have a Humvee designated as a FAC, along with data link/EPLRS capability, and assigned to a specific enemy ground target group. Flying the mission, I contact and communicate with the JTAC correctly during the 9-line, but when he sends data I don't see a red target triangle on the TAD, nor do I receive a copy of the 9-line on the cockpit message display. I do however see the 'x' location of the JTAC (from his EPLRS) on my TAD as I begin an attack run. Obviously, the JTAC and I are on the same NET as I'm correctly getting his location on my TAD as mentioned.

Is this just something we have to learn to live with or I am perhaps designing my mission incorrectly? Also, the JTAC will not select a weapon for me to use during the audio brief - he starts to say "use....." but then does not actually tell me to use cannons or bombs, etc. I've tried assigning the weapons select to cannon in the mission profile for the JTAC as well as leaving it set to AUTO, but the JTAC never specifies the weapon to use.

Thanks!

Also, the JTAC will not select a weapon for me to use during the audio brief - he starts to say "use....." but then does not actually tell me to use cannons or bombs, etc. I've tried assigning the weapons select to cannon in the mission profile for the JTAC as well as leaving it set to AUTO, but the JTAC never specifies the weapon to use.

Thanks!

Well, I don`t have any problems with JTACs which I create in my missions. So I can`t help you with hints or advices, but the point where jtac does not ask for a special weapon is not new.

The voice recordings for the jtac have been made a "long" time ago. And now as we have got some new weapons (radar guided rockets etc.) there is no recording for them.

As you wrote, he sometimes only says "use ...".

The same "problem" we have for the gulf map. Airfield name recordings do simply not exist.

I`m sure others will help you finding a solution for your other questions.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Well, I don`t have any problems with JTACs which I create in my missions. So I can`t help you with hints or advices, but the point where jtac does not ask for a special weapon is not new.

The voice recordings for the jtac have been made a "long" time ago. And now as we have got some new weapons (radar guided rockets etc.) there is no recording for them.

As you wrote, he sometimes only says "use ...".

The same "problem" we have for the gulf map. Airfield name recordings do simply not exist.

I`m sure others will help you finding a solution for your other questions.

Right you are here. I noticed the same thing in regard to the JTAC not specifying a weapon when I have the new laser JDAMS (GBU-53?) on the racks. :thumbup:

Okay, in regard to my original post above, I've found that the JTAC's datalink is constrained to line of sight, which is realistic actually. In my original mission, both the JTAC and target were both situated inside a valley with steep mountainous terrain all sides. My aircraft was essentially datalink signal-masked by terrain in that mission. I had noticed that, although I was picking up the JTAC's EPLR location beacon, I wasn't seeing it on my TAD until I was right on top of him (over the same valley with an unobstructed signal path). I'm astonished that DCS modeled terrain influence like this, but it's very cool. :thumbup: One certainly must be aware of this realistic limitation when designing a mission.

I made another mission wherein both the JTAC and target were situated on flat terrain and EPLRs datalinking worked perfectly. Yay. Thanks! :megalol:

• ED Team

Hi,

it is very important for the JTAC to have full line of sight to all targets you want to engage.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

it is very important for the JTAC to have full line of sight to all targets you want to engage.

thanks

Yes, true. In my original mission described in my first post in this thread, the JTAC did have a clear line of sight to his target (both were in the same valley). My aircraft, however, was about 20NM out from the valley when I first contacted the JTAC. He was able to relay the correct target coordinates over comms, but his datalink apparently could not 'see' my aircraft beyond the 'walls' of the valley, so to speak. Once my aircraft was over the same valley as the JTAC and target, I could begin to pick up his location on my TAD via EPLRS. So, comms work beyond a valley in this situation but datalinking does not. Realistic feature I'm sure, but one should definitely be aware of this limitation when designing a mission if EPLRS connectivity is needed or desired. :thumbup: