Mig-21 Radar performance issues

shake307

I know this belongs in the Mig-21 threads, but I don't feel like it is getting enough attention there as this problem has been going for several months now. There is a significant drop in FPS when the radar is turned on. The only "fix" is to roll back nVidia drivers to an older version. That is not a fix, it is a band-aid. There are quite a few posts in the Magnitude 3 forums about this, and they seem to be pointing at ED for the problem. I figured I could post on here about this issue and at least get it some kind of attention. It sure doesn't seem to be getting attention in the Mig-21 forums.

On that note, does anybody have a good recommendation for a choice between Mirage, Hornet, or Viper?

• Like 1

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

• 1 year later...

I believe I experience this the other night but in a different module, specifically the Mig-19P.  I was in a dogfight, was down low pointing my nose at the ground and noticed a pretty severe frame rate drops.  Quickly turned radar off, all was well and works perfectly up at high altitude.  Just thought I'd share this since it may be a "core code" thing that ED needs to deal with.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...