Meaning of 'DP' and 'SP' points in mission editor and scripts

Sukhoi2020

I have been trying to start a basic mission using the Navada map by creating 4 / 5 basic waypoints.  I place my aircraft on the runway as "takeoff" and when I add my first waypoint, the location where the aircraft is taking off is automatically designated as SP.  What does "SP" mean?  Does it stand for "Starting Point"?  In many tutorials I have watched, there is no "SP", but a "0" as the starting point.  Also, the last point always comes up as DP > Destination Point? (I am just guessing here).  And if "DP" = Destination Point, the editor won't allow me to qualify it as a "landing" point, so I am not sure I am closing the loop on a complete linear mission. 

Also, when I fly my mission to test it, after I reach my waypoint 1, the editor seems to take me back to the SP point, instead of switching to waypoint 2 automatically.  Why? 

Finally, is there a tutorial, or some kind of text that explains how to input the conditions mentioned in the CDS Manual for a more immersive experience?  I am not familiar with the script language, not sure how to enjoy that part of the editor without any clear guidance.

Hope someone can help - thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure you got it right: Starting Point and Destination Point. A little further down you would select what type of waypoint it is. See image for detail. This is where you would make it a landing point. See DCS User Manual 2020 page 192.

Clipboard01.jpg

What aircraft are you testing this in?

I don't do any scripting, I just use the built in triggers. Some quick searching on the internet for "DCS lua scripting" returned this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/scripting_engine/

• 1 month later...

SP and DP are just Starting/Destination Points for Redfor aircraft - equivalent of 0 and last waypoint for Bluefor.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...