Getting rid of the grey airliners

Boosterdog

Im not sure if this is a long established "fix" but if it is I missed it I apologise for re-posting.

In short deleting (or renaming) the files "Aircrafts.ref" and "Aircrafts.ref.M5" from the Terrains/PG/Models/Aircrafts got rid of the awful grey airliners without also culling the terminals they are attached to or any other ground clutter.

Ive not done too much testing at present but it doesn't seem to affect stability . It will of course also get rid of any other low rez static "scenic" aircraft that may be dotted about the PG maps airports by default (but that's no bad thing in my book).

As an aside doing the same with "small bush.ref" and "small bush group.ref" in the Terrains/PG/Surface detail folder kills off the ground clutter and, whilst not ideal, prevents the awful pop in when flying low and pottering about the airfields. Ideally Id much prefer to increase the draw distance and not get rid of them but thats beyond me talents. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.